Search for at
hagadoo.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Topgun #3 /BiWeekly 11-19 - 2:00 pm est. - 12-3 2:00 pm est. DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:49 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Topgun Week # 2/BiWeekly # 22 11-5 -11-19 3 pm est -2 pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 2 Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:52 pm
ron4560 View latest post
recording and screenshots Info, questions and suggestions for hunts. cowboy 3 Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:08 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post
Biweekly #19 09-24 - 10-08 Results DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:23 pm
Vic View latest post
PM's General Talk REZ325 1 Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:17 pm
alot of dh2005 questions Deer Hunter 2005 cowboy 6 Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:33 pm
REZ325 View latest post
Results Topgun Week 1/Biweekly #21 10-22 -11-5 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:35 pm
ron4560 View latest post
1st Deer with a Bow Deer Hunter 2005 jummpy123 2 Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:16 pm

For Jay1990

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    hagadoo.com Forum Index -> Introduce yourself
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:43 pm Post subject: For Jay1990 Reply with quote

Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:40 pm by Jay1990 and moved by DanthemanBoone

hey guys played dh 2005 years ago just dug it up and started playing again always have loved this game.. one problem there are no online matches likethere used to be.. that was the best part.. and i havent ever been able to figure out how to download custom maps i know im a dummy been trying ti figure it out all day.. i believe i have some permissions problems on my computer and thats all my trouble if anyone of you all have pointers for me that would be very helpful.. thanks and a happy new year to you all

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

Last edited by DanthemanBoone on Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:54 pm Post subject: Re: For Jay1990 Reply with quote

Hi jay
Welcome to hagadoo.
For administration purposes I have moved your post so we can address you questions better.

The first thing we need to know is what Operating System you are using.
Is it XP, Vista, Win 7 or Win 8, win 32 or 64 bit, and is it a home or professional edition.
There are a few different problems associated with each different OS that need to be sorted.

Once we have that information we will work through your queries and help get you set up.

Cheers

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jay1990

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:13 am Post subject: Re: For Jay1990 Reply with quote

ok thanks dantheman .. ok i have windows xp home edition windows 7 and 64 bit i think that should all b correct thank you
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:17 pm Post subject: Re: For Jay1990 Reply with quote

Hi Jay.
Sorry just a couple more questions.

You say you have windows XP home ,,, and Win 7 64 bit.
These are two separate operating systems
Does that mean you have two computers .... or are you running both  Operating systems on a partitioned or a separate hard drive .. on one computer.

Is the Win7 64 bit a ...student , home, or professional edition.

Is your game software,   DH2005,   a cd, ,,,,a trial download ... or full download version.

Sorry to be asking so much but each set up needs to be addressed in a different manner.

I am going to get you to uninstall your game and we will reinstall according to the game version and operating system that you are using.
Then we will apply the required patches to give you the standard 1.2 version of the game in line with Hagadoos site  rules..

Illegal Patches & Mod's

Here at Hagadoo.com, we only support Atari's 1.2 patch. The use of, and discussion of other patches, mod's, trainer's or hack's is strictly prohibited anywhere on this site, be it Forums, Shout Box, or Private Message. If posted in the forums or shout box, your message will be removed and a warning will be issued. If you fail to heed the warning and post again, your account will be suspended & your IP will be banned.

Once we have you up and running I will show you how to download and install the custom maps.

It is no longer possible to play online with Gamespy as they no longer support DH2005.
But Xfire are running severs , you will need to sign up there to get access.

http://classic.xfire.com/games/dh05/Deer_Hunter_2005/

There are a few other sites that run private servers or you can run a server on your own com and connect with someone you know  by supplying them with your server details.

Get registered or Log in
Visit Nuke Evolution Today
jay1990

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:33 am Post subject: Re: For Jay1990 Reply with quote

hey dantheman sorry for confusion i have 2 seperate computers one at work one at home.. the main one ill be using is windows xp home edition.. my dhgame is on cd.. thanks
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:39 pm Post subject: Re: For Jay1990 Reply with quote

Great Jay

Windows XP is the easiest to do and the game should install and run with very little problem..
First thing is to completely uninstall the game then reinstal it

Now go to our file library at the hagadoo website and download the 1.2 patch and install it.

Link here.....  
http://www.hagadoo.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=399

This is the official Atari patch that addresses several bugs that came with the original CD version.
All files at Hagadoo are in a compressed zip folder and you will need to have winzip to open them.
If you dont have it download the free trial version here

http://www.winzip.com/win/en/landing/prodpagewz.html?sc_cid=go_AU%20-%20WinZip%20Download

Open the zip on your desktop   double left click  .. and start the installer.. double left click again.

Once that is in, download the 'DH2005 Hybrid patch' from this link, open the zip and install the patch as you did with the 1.2 patch.
You should now be able to run the game and download and install any maps from our website.

Go to the Hagadoo site and click on Files in the navigation bar between  the forum list and the main top banner

You can download from the 05 Hybrid section or the Dh2005 section.
The download will be in a zip, open the zip and extract the Spk file to your desktop.
The Spk file is a round red icon with a triangle in its centre.
In some cases the spk may be inside another folder along with the readme file.

Only the spk file can be loaded into the game
To get the map into your game do the following.

Make sure your game is closed.

Go to start on your computer and navigate through the file tree as follows.

Start
My computer
Local disc C:drive
program files
Atari
Deer Hunter 2005
Game
Custom levels

Once you have the customlevel  file folder open.. simply drag and drop the Spk from your desktop into the custom folder
Close the custom folder and start your game
The new map will now show up in the map list in game.
Select it and start the hunt.

If you experience difficulty with the download from site, and you get a message that the zip file is corrupt... get back to us.
It some time happens if your download speeds are slow and you have tried to download one of the larger maps. It is basically a time out problem with the server.

Once you have got this far get back to me and we will address the win7 set up.

Cheers

Get registered or Log in
jay1990

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:38 am Post subject: Re: For Jay1990 Reply with quote

thanks dan ill try that having a few computer issues . ive tried to install the winzip and its says installed but cant find it on my computer anywhere
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:20 am Post subject: Re: For Jay1990 Reply with quote

Hi Jay
Once you have installed winzip all you have to do is double click any zip archive yo wish to open and it should open so you can extract the files.
Alternatively right click on the zip and chose open or unzip here.
Winzip is a background program that is not opened or accessed from your desktop, you can only access it through your c/drive programs folders, you just install it and it does its thing as required.

Cheers

dan

Get registered or Log in
Visit RealmDesignz Today
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view hagadoo.com Forum Index ->  Introduce yourself All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: