Search for at
hagadoo.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Topgun Week # 2/BiWeekly # 22 11-5 -11-19 3 pm est -2 pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:57 pm
miriambrenda View latest post
recording and screenshots Info, questions and suggestions for hunts. cowboy 3 Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:08 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post
Biweekly #19 09-24 - 10-08 Results DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:23 pm
Vic View latest post
PM's General Talk REZ325 1 Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:17 pm
alot of dh2005 questions Deer Hunter 2005 cowboy 6 Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:33 pm
REZ325 View latest post
Results Topgun Week 1/Biweekly #21 10-22 -11-5 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:35 pm
ron4560 View latest post
1st Deer with a Bow Deer Hunter 2005 jummpy123 2 Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:16 pm
Result Hunt Biweekly Hunt # 20 10-08-10-22 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 2 Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:16 pm
ron4560 View latest post

The Hunter FPS

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    hagadoo.com Forum Index -> The Hunter
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vic
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:44 pm Post subject: The Hunter FPS Reply with quote

With every setting on ultra and maxed out Im getting 60.1 FPS what kind of fps are you guys getting?

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger MySpace Profile: http://www.myspace.com/Grrrrlacher
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:50 pm Post subject: Re: The Hunter FPS Reply with quote

I usually get between 35 to 50, but I dont have the shadows on high, that drops me back about 10 so I run shadows on med.

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vic
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:02 pm Post subject: Re: The Hunter FPS Reply with quote

I just went and dropped my shadows from very high to high and still stayed at 60.1 fps, I'm loving this new rig!!

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger MySpace Profile: http://www.myspace.com/Grrrrlacher
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

votes: 14

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:07 pm Post subject: Re: The Hunter FPS Reply with quote

Vic @ Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:02 pm wrote:
I just went and dropped my shadows from very high to high and still stayed at 60.1 fps, I'm loving this new rig!!

With everything max'd, I run 45 fps. In open areas it goes higher, but usually a pretty steady 45 Smile

Get registered or Log in
Visit Evo-Install Today
Vic
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:09 pm Post subject: Re: The Hunter FPS Reply with quote

In the very dense or the open Im rock steady at 60.1 FPS

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:12 pm Post subject: Re: The Hunter FPS Reply with quote

Vic @ Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:02 pm wrote:
I'm loving this new rig!!

TAKE A PIC OF YOUR RIG VIC!!!!

Get registered or Log in
Vic
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:28 pm Post subject: Re: The Hunter FPS Reply with quote

there is a pic of it under my new rig thread but I can take more of it on the desk

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Vic
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:22 pm Post subject: Re: The Hunter FPS Reply with quote

I turned of the Vsync cause it bottle necks your vid cards due to the frame refresh rate of your moniter, when max out settings and Vsync off FPS jumped from 60.1 to 200FPS!!!!! lord Im cooking with heat baby!! Very Happy

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Visit Revolution-Mods.com Today
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:38 pm Post subject: Re: The Hunter FPS Reply with quote

Vic @ Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:22 pm wrote:
I turned of the Vsync cause it bottle necks your vid cards due to the frame refresh rate of your moniter, when max out settings and Vsync off FPS jumped from 60.1 to 200FPS!!!!! lord Im cooking with heat baby!! Very Happy

Vic, unless you have a monitor that is 120 or 240Hrz you will only see (probably) 60fps. Its great that your video card can do that, but your monitor can't, it can't keep up with your GPU's. I don't think the the V-sync is causing the bottle neck, IMO. The V-sync allows the rest of your PC's resources to be used more efficiently once it hits the max refresh rate of your monitor, which is probably 60.

I MAY BE WRONG, AS I AM NOT AN EXPERT.

Get registered or Log in
Vic
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:08 pm Post subject: Re: The Hunter FPS Reply with quote

The V-Sync option basically restricts the video card to producing frame rates no higher than the refresh of the monitor. Testers turn it off to how fast a video card can go. However, when turned off, and the fps are above the refresh rate of your monitor, you can get artifacts and tearing on the screen.

Lets say your monitor's refresh rate is 85Hz. That means the screen refreshes 85 times per second. But lets say your video card is producing 150 frames per second. In one seconds time your video card has produced 65 more frames than your monitor can display. This is why you get artifacts and tearing.

Now you usually don't see too many problems unless the fps produced by your card are substantially higher than the refresh rate of your monitor. In the above example, you would likely see the artifacts and tearing. However, lets say your refresh rate is 110Hz, and your card is only producing 120 fps. You won't likely have too many problems, if any at all, with this.

Now you also need to understand one thing. If you had a refresh rate of 85Hz, but your card was capable of 150 fps, and never, ever, dropped below 100 fps, then your fps would still stay pegged at 85Hz at all times. Only if the card dropped below 85 fps, even when V-Sync was off, would you see drops under 85 fps

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view hagadoo.com Forum Index ->  The Hunter All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: