Search for at
hagadoo.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Topgun #3 /BiWeekly 11-19 - 2:00 pm est. - 12-3 2:00 pm est. DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:49 pm
ron4560 View latest post
alot of dh2005 questions Deer Hunter 2005 cowboy 7 Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:13 am
cowboy View latest post
recording and screenshots Info, questions and suggestions for hunts. cowboy 4 Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:55 pm
cowboy View latest post
Topgun Week # 2/BiWeekly # 22 11-5 -11-19 3 pm est -2 pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 2 Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:52 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Biweekly #19 09-24 - 10-08 Results DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:23 pm
Vic View latest post
PM's General Talk REZ325 1 Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:17 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post
Results Topgun Week 1/Biweekly #21 10-22 -11-5 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:35 pm
ron4560 View latest post
1st Deer with a Bow Deer Hunter 2005 jummpy123 2 Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:16 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post

My new BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    hagadoo.com Forum Index -> General Talk
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vic
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:59 pm Post subject: My new BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

In two weeks I will be getting this bad boy!!

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Hardware

This computer is built with one of Antec's highest end enthusiast cases, the DF-85.  One functionality aspect that I love about this case are the multitude of hard drive hot swap bays.  When it comes to the ease of swapping hard drives in a computer, nothing beats this case.  It features four 3.5" true tooless hotswap bays, and one 2.5" hot swap bay for SSD's.  This is the best case I have found if you deal with a lot of data and want the flexibility of swapping hard drives on the go, which is why my own personal rig is built with this case.  Simply open the front fan bay doors and slide your drives in and out.  Windows and the BIOS is setup so that you can hot plug these drives meaning that they will read just as if you inserted a USB flash drive.  You can now use 3TB hard drives as conveniently as any memory stick.  This case also features excellent cooling with it's 7 120mm fans, which operate whisper quite.  It also features 3XUSB 2.0, and 1XUSB 3.0 ports on the front panel.  This is a true enthusiast case that is perfect for those who deal with a lot of hard drives, or want the flexibility to add hard drives down the road without any fuss.    

A good computer has to begin with a strong foundation.  This computer is built around the Gigabyte Z77-UD5 motherboard.  This is one of Gigabytes highest end motherboards for the Ivy Bridge Chipset.  With SLI support, advanced overclocking features, and a plethora of headers that include USB 3.0, eSATA, HDMI and 7.1 channel audio, this board has you covered for just about anything you wish to do now or in the future.  The Ivy Bridge Platform also provides some nice future proofing features such as full PCIe 3.0 support for next generation graphics cards, and native USB 3.0 support via dedicated motherboard headers.  The foundation of any computer starts with the mother board, and this is where it doesn't pay to go cheap.  Enjoy the best that Ivy Bridge architecture has to offer with this feature rich board.

The heart and soul of this computer is the Intel I7 3770K quad core processor with Hyperthreading.   I have this processor overclocked to a rock solid 4.5GHz, with safe voltages and temps. Both the voltage and the maximum temps are perfectly safe for this processor.  As with all my computers, I believe in safe, and sensible overclocks that get you the most speed out of the hardware, without sacrificing stability and component lifespan.  You may find others who are trying to push these I7 chips to 4.8-5.2GHz, but to do so requires CPU voltage increases that are well beyond intel specs. Not to mention, additional stress and heat on the motherboard north/south bridge chipsets that comes with voltage and bus speed increases necessary to go beyond 4.5GHz.  An extra few hundred MHz of speed isn't worth the risk to me, no matter if it's water cooled or not.   So what you get here is a responsible overclock that will allow you to sleep at night, all the while enjoying an incredibly powerful computer.  With 4 hyperthreading cores (8 processing threads) at 4.5GHz, this computer is a dream come true for those who intend to do power computing whether that be gaming, video editing/post production, music production, demanding business apps, etc...  

As for the overclocking, these speeds and temps can be achieved by virtue of the excellent after market heatsink, the Scythe Ninja 3.  With it's massive aluminum fin design, and 8 copper heat pipes, this is one of the top heatsinks on the market in terms of air cooling capability.  Along with a roomy, excellently cooled case, and industry leading Arctic Silver 5 thermal compound applied, this heatsink cools at par with the $100 water cooling units, minus the maintenance headaches, and risks such as leaks, pump failures, water checks, that are often associated with water cooling.  Worse yet, consider a "custom" water cooled computer with dedicated loops, water blocks, etc.  These arrangements present huge headaches and problems for the customer in the event that you want to upgrade components on your computer or perform maintenance of any kind further down the road.  Imagine having a video card for instance, which has a custom water block attached, with all the hoses, fittings, etc.   Now lets say you want to remove that video card for any reason, or that you simply want to upgrade to the next generation video card.   When you have a custom water cooled setup like this, this upgrade will require one to drain the cooling system, detach hose clamps, remove the water block, and hope the existing water block will fit correctly on your new card.  Chances are, it won't.  So now you must purchase a new water block, remove the factory heatsink from your new video card, apply the new waterblock with thermal paste, reattach all the hoses, clamps, etc...  Re-fill the entire apparatus with water, purge the system to remove any air bubbles, and hope that you don't have a leak somewhere that's going to destroy your $2000 computer.  All of this for minimal, if any, performance gains.  The cooling of a computer should not be something that you have to worry about, or contend with in the event that you want to upgrade components, or do maintenance with your computer.  It's a big pain in the ass that involves draining, refilling, purging, and leak checking every time you need to remove, repair, or upgrade a core component.  Now imagine if you have custom loops going through the processor, motherboard chipsets, graphics cards, etc...  Repairing, swapping, or upgrading these components will be more trouble than it's worth for most.  The computers I build operate perfectly fine, cool and quiet on air, and they are completely maintenance, and headache free.  They are simple, clean, fast, cool, and quite, and easy for the customer to work with in any way they would like.  I like to think of my computers, and the associated hardware as "open source" systems where the customer can easily do what they wish with the computer without having to wrestle with water cooled setups that are not only dangerous in the event of a leak, but also very costly and time consuming in the event that maintenance work is necessary.  

Additional CPU Enhancements-- In order to improve the performance of this computer, I have disabled core parking in Windows 7 with some registry edits.  Core parking is an energy saving feature in windows 7 that was primarily designed for laptops and mobile devices.  What Windows 7 aims to do with core parking is to disable/enable a certain number of cores during use by a productivity/graphics application so that energy can be conserved.  This may be beneficial on a mobile device, but on a powerful desktop computer, this translates to reduced performance, and robs a quad core I7 chip of it's true capability.  With core parking disabled, your quad core chip will distribute the load evenly across all cores no matter what the task is.  The result is noticeably better gaming frame rates, more consistent application performance, and reduced/eliminated "core parking stuttering" across all aspects of usage.  This is a vital tweak if you wan't an I7 multi-media workstation to perform at it's best.  

The RAM on this computer is 16GB's of  High Speed Kingston HyperX 12800 @ 1600MHz.

For those of you who are new to overclocked computers, overclocking is a way to unlock the true potential of your hardware.  If done correctly, with proper VOLTAGES and COOLING, it is perfectly safe and all components will last at or near their intended lifespan.  With that said, my overclocks are always safe in regards to voltages and temps, and you can expect only the best in terms of reliability and performance.  

Graphics Performance

The graphics cards in this computer are two of the latest, and fastest Nvidia GPU's on the market.  There are two GTX 670 FTW version cards running perfectly in SLI.  Each card has 2GB of ultra fast GDDR5 memory with stock core clock speeds of 1+GHz, achieved with Nvidia's latest Kepler architecture.  I chose the EVGA 670 FTW series cards due to the fact that they share the same PCB as the 680 cards, and they generate very little fan noise under load.  I have applied a 10% over clock (approx 1200MHz Core Clock), and have these cards running at par with the 680 cards, all the while saving you $200.  There is literally no game made to date that these two GPU's will not obliterate at blistering frame rates.  The combined speed of these two cards is also at par with the $1000 GTX 690.  These two cards in SLI allows for a gaming experience that is completely uninhibited.   This means gaming in full HD with all graphics options completely maxed out, included 16X anisotropic filtering/anit-aliasing while maintaining a fluid 60+fps with the most demanding PC titles.  Most game titles for these two cards running in unison are child's play, and a walk in the park would be an understatement. Having two powerful GPU's like these 670 FTW's also offers more flexibility with the PC when it comes to multiple monitor setups, super high resolution performance at 2560X1600, and the ability to allocate the resources of one card to one task, and the other card to another task.  Simply put, this computer is a sweet graphics ride no matter what the application is.  

The operating system is Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit (fully updated with Service Pack 1) and it's set up on a 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD.  This is one of the fastest and most reliable SSD's available.  With 555MB/s read rates on the SATA III 6GB/s Header, Windows and applications can be executed and navigated with near instantaneous speeds.  There is also a 2TB Seagate Barracuda hard drive which is used for data storage. I have also created a 80GB recovery partition that stores an exact image of the OS and Installed software that is on the SSD.   In the event of a problem with windows, with this recovery image, you can restore/re-image the OS and all the installed software in a matter of minutes back to the state the computer was in the day you took it out of the box.  There is no need to ever have to reinstall Windows, drivers, programs, etc.  This arrangement will save you a huge amount of time, and eliminate the headaches associated with reinstalling, or recovery windows. It's important to me that the user experience with these high end computers are as user friendly as possible.  Finally, the primary disc drive on this computer is a Lite-on 24X dual layered multi-DVD burner.

Beyond The Hardware....

Building a high performance computer involves a lot more than just hardware configuration and top notch cable management.  The most important experience with any computer is how the operating system and software is configured.  I have Windows 7 Ultimate and the software that it comes with tweaked so that this computer is ready to take on any task right out of the box.  There is over 10 years, and countless hours of experience put into this computer so that the user experience is flawless.  I have pre installed nearly every video and audio codec in existence.  This means you can play any video/audio file with windows media player, or The KM player that I have installed.  All direct X components have been installed and updated so that any game or graphics application will work right from the start.   I have installed all the pertinent hardware diagnostics software on this computer so that you can test, toggle, and benchmark the hardware with the simple click of the mouse.  Everything on this computer is beautifully organized, configured, and tweaked so that the user has an amazing experience right from the start without the need for constantly having to download updates, codecs, perform configurations etc... as well as trouble shooting and wasting time with error messages just to get the computer to do what they want it to do.  This computer quite literally can perform any task that comes to mind right from the get go.  No fuss, no muss..  I guarantee that you won't find a computer configured like this from any other mass Ebay seller, OEM's, or any other mass custom builders on the internet.  They simply don't have the time to customize each computer they build in this kind of way.  With the computers I sell, there is no We, Us, or Our...  There is only one person, myself, that you do business with.  This means that every computer is built by myself, and nobody else.  You don't have multiple technicians, employees, and others making various decisions from week to week that effect the consistency and quality of the computer build and configuration.  If you run into any troubles with this computer, you work through me, and nobody else.  I have built, and sold over 250 of these computers on Ebay over the past 2 years and you would be hard pressed to find somebody who knows the hardware, configuration, and troubleshooting of these computers as well as I do.  If you were to ever have a problem with this computer, your communication to get any problem resolved is through me, and only me.  There is no frustration of talking with one technician one day, and a completely different technician the next, or worse, some guy in India who doesn't know your computer from any other computer out there.  

Software

The software on this computer includes Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit installed from a genuine disc, as well as the other performance enhancing tweaks, and diagnostics software that is mentioned above.  There is no unnecessary software or bloatware to muck up the registries, or cause any kind of conflicting problems in any kind of way.  Only the software that you choose to add will be on this computer.  

Additional Upgrade Suggestions Offered With No Additional Labor Charge:

These are just a few suggestions that will further enhance the performance and capability of this already killer system.

1. Add additional hard drives. (Price varies depending on model and capacity chosen)

2. Add a wireless network adaptor of your choice.  (Price varies depending on model chosen)

3. Add a dedicated sound card.  (Price varies depending on model chosen)

As with all the computers I build, this is a very well rounded computer with top of the line performance and power in regards to the CPU, GPU, MB, and RAM.  There is great attention to detail that goes into building this computer.  Everything from the careful selection of components, to the meticulous cable management which improves cooling performance and reduces clutter when performing upgrades, etc.  Not to mention the careful tweaking of the BIOS and software to achieve maximum speeds, stability, and end user experience satisfaction.  This means high performance results whether you are using this computer for gaming, video editing/encoding, content creation, or any other demanding programs.  There is no weak link in this system.  All components are selected so that you have speed and power in all the critical areas of computing, as well as options for upgrades.  You won't find anything like this computer at a big box store like Best Buy, or any other mass retailer here on EBay.  I have been building computers for a long time and I know how to safely make them run wicked fast and reliable.  I spend a substantial amount of time with each new build  tweaking the hardware and voltages to get the most out of the components.  So there is a lot more value here than just a bunch of parts that are thrown together.  If you want something that is perfunctorily thrown together by somebody in China, who leaves a mess of cables everywhere, and is most likely  incompetent at what they are doing, you can always buy a Dell, HP, Sony, or any other OEM from a mass retailer.  These OEM computers may come with nice marketing numbers on paper, but in reality you get a bunch of watered down parts and an OS that is infested with bloatware which is why most OEM PC's become big, sluggish, paper weights after about 6 months.  Not to mention you usually get a junk case, motherboard, PSU, and RAM with these mass retailer systems.  This computer is the real deal.  A PC can be an awesome experience if it's built and configured correctly with the correct combination of components.  There is no comparison at all between this computer and what you will find at mass retailers for a similar price.  Take my word for it...  These computers are top of the line, and they will perform great with any task you choose to use it for.  You will love this computer for years to come.

Five Star Warranty & Guarantee                

3 Year Warranty
Purchase with confidence, and have peace of mind...  I warranty all my computers for 3 years.  If a component fails or is found to be defective in any way during this 3 year period, I will replace the component with an exact replacement, or a component of greater value if there is no exact replacement.  I have a lot of experience with handling warranties in the tech business, and I promise you this process is fast and painless in the unlikely event that a component needs replacement.  

Lifetime Technical Support
I offer lifetime technical support with all the computers that I build.  This includes phone support, and email support, as well as free labor during the warranty period.   I have personally built, sold, and serviced hundreds of these high end computers over the past 3 years, and there is absolutley nothing I cannot fix, or repair with these computers.  Needless to say, you are in good hands with such a strong knowledge base behind the purchase of one of these computers.

Guaranteed Safe Delivery
All my computers are guaranteed to arrive safe and sound without damage of any kind.  I have worked really hard over the past 3 years to ensure that these computers do not get damaged during transit.  With the experience of shipping out over 400 of these computers all over the world, I have developed my own packing procedures and special packaging techniques that have virtually eliminated damage during transit with these computers. If a computer does arrive damaged, I will pay for return shipping, and either repair the computer or issue a full refund, no questions asked.  Sleep easy at night as you wait for your new computer to arrive.

30 Day Return Period
If you purchase a computer from me, nothing is more important than your complete satisfaction.  All my computers come with a 30 day money back guarantee in the event that there is anything faulty with the computer, or if there is any aspect of the computer that you are not satisfied with.

Commitment To Excellence
I build every single one of these computers as if each one was my own pride and joy.  The most important aspect of this business, before anything else, is to know at the end of the day, I delivered to the customer the best computer that money can buy, and that the customer is completely, 100% satisfied with their new computer.  Knowing that I have delivered to a customer exactly what they wanted, and that they couldn't be happier is what makes the countless hours that I put into these computers day in, and day out, worth it. I have worked extremely hard with these computers, and my customers to ensure the consistency with build quality, and comminication with my customers before, and after a sale.  I take great pride in maintaining a perfect Ebay feedback rating which includes 5 out of 5 stars for all my "detailed seller ratings,"  and a perfect 100% feedback score.  This means that no matter what the circumstances, you are looked after and taken care of no matter what the cost is to me.  Because of this commitment to excellence, I have developed many close and personable relations with my customers, and I thank all my customers for their wonderful reviews through Ebay and my Guest Book.  Nothing is more important to me than to continue running this business with a commitment to excellence, so that I can continue to do what I love, which is building the best computers that I can, and knowing that my customers are completely satisfied with the best computer they have ever owned.

With the purchase of this computer, you will receive all the original hardware boxes and literature that can be used for registering the individual components with their respective manufacturers to activate warranties, etc... I also offer technical phone support for all the computers I build, this includes remote desktop troubleshooting if needed.  I use USPS Ground Service, with full insurance, and tracking confirmation.  These computers are packed to ensure that they arrive safe and sound without damage.  I do next day shipping and email all tracking information as soon as I have it.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have, and don't forget to browse the other systems I have listed.  Thanks for looking.

More about me, and the computers I build...

I have had a passion for computers, and have been working with computers since a young age.  I started building my first computers back in the late 90's when I was in my teen years.  Over the years, I have logged countless hours working on hardware/software configurations, and building computers that have a tasteful, artistic appeal to them, as well as flawless operation.  I started this business on Ebay about 2 years ago.  Before I started this business, I put a lot of thought and planning into building high end gaming/multi-media computers that encompass appealing aesthetic design, top notch assembly and cable management, safe and stable over clocks, as well as other software tweaks and configurations that improve the experience of using one of these computers.  My goal was to apply the 15 years of experience and wisdom that I have into a computer build so that the customer could experience a computer like none other they have experienced before.   Running a successful business is all about creating value for a customer that is otherwise hard to find, or unmatched elsewhere.  The value that I add to these computers goes beyond the years of experience I put into them when it comes to hardware configuration, stable over clocks, Build quality and design.  What I take most pride in, is the value that I offer in terms of honesty, customer service, and knowing that I have gone the extra distance in making sure that I take care of the customers who have chosen to work with me over all the other choices out there.  By far, the most gratifying aspect of this business is hearing back from a customer about how much they are enjoying one of my computers, or hearing a "thank you" from a customer when I am able to share my knowledge with them, or help them troubleshoot a problem.  Above all is my commitment to my customers to honor my word, and my work, and to do whatever it takes to ensure that your business experience with me is unparalleled to none.  In short, I take care of my customers, as this is the most valuable commitment any business can offer.  For all of you who have already bought one of my computers, I sincerely thank you, and it's been a great pleasure and experience working with all of you.  

Sadly, with the success of this business, I have seen a lot of copy cat competitors come and go.  I have seen my artistic design, presentation, and approach with these computers blatantly plagiarized by some, and I have seen others slowly over time try to emulate everything that I do.  When I make a change to my business model, they follow along and do the same.  I believe that people who copy and plagiarize somebody else's work, lack dignity, and the ability to think for themselves.  As an engineer, my education has taught me to never plagiarize somebody else's work.  There are a million ways to configure and sell a computer, but blatantly copying the hard work, artistic design, and presentation of somebody else's work should tell you a lot about the character of the person in question.  I would feel like the biggest failure if I copied the hard work and innovation of somebody else to make a buck.  This is why I spent a substantial amount of time thinking this computer business through before I started it two years ago.  I worked hard to differentiate myself from everything else that I was seeing, and to create value that was unique to me and my customers.   There are hundreds of other sellers on Ebay, and everywhere you look, and I have never had a problem with healthy competition.  I often admire the work that others are doing.  With this said, I was taught to create my own success in life and to not follow somebody else's lead.

Two things that are certain about any copycat in life.  They lack the ability to think for themselves, and they are lazy to create their own value added contributions for the business they are involved with.  They just want to make an easy buck off of somebody else's hard work and creativity.  Since I started this business with a genuine love, and passion for building the best computers that I can, this is the value that I hope shines through above all the rest with my customers.  You can always choose to go with a copy cat, but considering the character and ethics traits that come with copycats, it's sure to be a second hand experience.  I love the computers that I build, as if every single one of them was my own, and should you purchase one, I want you to feel the same way about it.  This is my commitment to you.  Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I wish all the best in your search for a new computer.  Feel free to browse my customer testimonials below (taken from my guest book).  Click on the button below to browse my other computers if this one isn't quite what you are looking for.

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger MySpace Profile: http://www.myspace.com/Grrrrlacher
n2spaze1
Map Maker

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:37 pm Post subject: Re: My new BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

awsome vic, look out we are all in for it now.lol Razz
Vic
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:06 pm Post subject: Re: My new BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

LOL spaze!

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger MySpace Profile: http://www.myspace.com/Grrrrlacher
Lucky
Map Maker

usa.gif

votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:51 am Post subject: Re: My new BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Great looking system Vic

But can it compete or keep up with Mr. Quick Finger Vic ? Razz  Razz  Laughing

Get registered or Log in
Get registered or Log in
Visit DarkForge Graphics.com Today
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

votes: 14

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:19 am Post subject: Re: My new BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Vic, this looks like a super system!

But I would like to warn you on this through my own experiences. the  Intel I7 3770K processor your builder is starting with is rated at 3.50 Ghz right out of the box, which will handle anything or game you throw at it you are playing today on max setting. Your builder is pushing it to 4.5 which is great providing your box & processor cools as designed. You really have no need to overclock unless you just want to say "its overclocked". When I first had my machine built, I learned real quick how to take my i7 way past its stock rating. It will heat up. YOU CAN BURN IT UP QUICKLY ALSO!! After overclocking my processor & video card, I did before & after tests using "The Hunter" for my base line. I seen a 5 to 10% performance boost in game and a 50% heat increase during load in the game. I could not really feel safe pushing my machine for a little boost and have a possible melt down doing so.

Now about heat, since you play hard, and if you do own cats or dogs, CLEAN THE INSIDES WEEKLY!!! Back to my original statement. If any of your cooling system dies and you are not actively monitoring your CPU, GPU's heat, you can fry them quickly.

Food for thought, With that machine, you don't need to overclock, everything that comes stock in it will perform way past any expectation.

Have Fun Smile

Get registered or Log in
Vic
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:07 am Post subject: Re: My new BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice ray, the case has some kind of filter but I will make sure to keep it clean!  I play in my man cave in the basement and it stays preety cool down ther but I will keep a close eye on the temps

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:57 am Post subject: Re: My new BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Been away a couple of days so i did not reply earlier.
The first thing that crossed my mind when I saw this post was.... that you would be busting your britches to overclock it.
I see Rez has beaten me to the punch on that one so I will only say .. dont.
There is no possible reason to overclock that rig to play dh2005.
If you ever come on site and say you have cooked something ,I will be the first to say... Told ya so..

Great choice .. hope you get it up and running ASAP.

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mickey

usa.gif

votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:10 pm Post subject: Re: My new BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

I see its says for the board the ud5 I know that board has issues most gamers are using the next step up because that board doesn't have the issues the ud5 has.  Great looking system though also another thing to watch out for is the hot-swapable plugs sometimes are dead from the start.  Also make sure power supply is 800 watts or more for running 2 graphics cards for SLI.  2 670's can be ran with a 750 watt but everything I have read or seen on them says 800 watts or better.  Also make sure you get all warranties for everything, Graphics and motherboard for sure.  Make a copy of all warranty info incase you lose it you will have a copy because I know you vic you will lose it LOL.  And ray was right I don't think over clocking the processor that high is a smart idea.  I see in the gamers forums guys overclocking them high like that and them over heating and burning up.  Just because it can go up that high doesn't mean it should be set that high.

Get registered or Log in
Visit Evo-File Today
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

votes: 14

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:51 pm Post subject: Re: My new BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

So is it here yet?????

Get registered or Log in
Vic
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:34 pm Post subject: Re: My new BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

It's on its way to Georgia to FedEx there than here, says it will be here thursday

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
ron4560
Site Owner
Legend
Past Legend

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:00 pm Post subject: Re: My new BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Vic @ Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:34 pm wrote:
It's on its way to Georgia to FedEx there than here, says it will be here thursday

So come Friday you will be Ultra Ground Level Laughing

Get registered or Log in
Vic
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:48 pm Post subject: Re: My new BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Yea Ron I'm can't wait to play on ultra tree density and ground objects!

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Visit Evo-Hacks Today
Vic
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:49 pm Post subject: Re: My new BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Update, It arrived in Charlotte at 2:03 today and says will be here tommarrow!!!

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Vic
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:06 pm Post subject: Re: My new BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

I just ran A rainbowed valley on all ultra and I still got 9 FPS! WTF!

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:46 pm Post subject: Re: My new BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Rainbowed valley is not a good map to test on.
How do you do on this weeks maps.
You may still need to turn down reflections and shadows,

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view hagadoo.com Forum Index ->  General Talk All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: