Search for at
hagadoo.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Topgun Week #4/BiWeekly # 24 12-10 12pm est.-12--24 1pm est. DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:35 am
ron4560 View latest post
Topgun Week #4/BiWeekly # 24 12-3 -12-17 CANCELLED DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 9 Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:58 am
miriambrenda View latest post
Balloons in Silly Snake DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:16 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post
Toggun#3/Biweekly #23 11-19-12-3 Results DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:04 am
ron4560 View latest post
1st Deer with a Bow Deer Hunter 2005 jummpy123 3 Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:42 pm
ron4560 View latest post
alot of dh2005 questions Deer Hunter 2005 cowboy 8 Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:07 pm
ron4560 View latest post
recording and screenshots Info, questions and suggestions for hunts. cowboy 4 Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:55 pm
cowboy View latest post
Topgun Week # 2/BiWeekly # 22 11-5 -11-19 3 pm est -2 pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 2 Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:52 pm
ron4560 View latest post

Sad Story
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    hagadoo.com Forum Index -> DH2005 Bragging Room
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucky
Map Maker

usa.gif

votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:23 pm Post subject: Sad Story Reply with quote

So the sad story is : Sad
Lucky spots a nice buck , reads 205 in the guess, works to 100 yards, places a nice shot in the hind quarter.
works 1 hour to get a long shot , gets the 499 + shot , sees buck wince and run , knows a hit. Smile
works 1 hour for another long shot, can't get buck to cooperate so decide to flush him to a spot where
the long shot will work , sneaks to withing 60 yards before flush,  thinking he will go north to a nice spot.
he is laying down so it is tempting to place another shot in the leg to slow him down.  Takes careful aim
right rear leg pulls off bang Exclamation  , buck jumps up  and runs but is running quick step so Lucky knows something
went bad. Evil or Very Mad    runs 100 yards and tips over while Lucky is cussing his Luck, computer , Evil or Very Mad  damn Evil or Very Mad  .207 damn damn  Evil or Very Mad  .207
looks at trophy in room 2 shots perfectly placed in rear quarter Smile  3rd shot perfectly placed in the neck Evil or Very Mad  damn .207

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Get registered or Log in
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:58 pm Post subject: Re: Sad Story Reply with quote

Did you even think that you could have just walked up to him and flushed him that way.
Serves you right for being so gun happy.
Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vic
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:37 pm Post subject: Re: Sad Story Reply with quote

I shoot em once in the butt with a large round than take em out with the .207 at long range, usually two shots and they are dead

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Last edited by Vic on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger MySpace Profile: http://www.myspace.com/Grrrrlacher
Vic
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:08 pm Post subject: Re: Sad Story Reply with quote

I just did the same thing with the best buck I've seen yet! a 206 I shot it once in the butt at 200 yards then shot it in the butt a second time with the .207 and the darn thing died

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger MySpace Profile: http://www.myspace.com/Grrrrlacher
Visit Revolution-Mods.com Today
Lucky
Map Maker

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:41 pm Post subject: Re: Sad Story Reply with quote

Vic @ Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:08 am wrote:
I just did the same thing with the best buck I've seen yet! a 206 I shot it once in the butt at 200 yards then shot it in the butt a second time with the .207 and the darn thing died

I feel your pain... Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Get registered or Log in
Get registered or Log in
ron4560
Site Owner
Legend
Past Legend

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:10 pm Post subject: Re: Sad Story Reply with quote

Vic @ Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:08 pm wrote:

Best Buck I've Seen Yet ! Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing Yea Right

Get registered or Log in
Mickey

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:52 am Post subject: Re: Sad Story Reply with quote

You do know if misty wanted to anyone using more than the 207 for the hunt could be DQ'ed.  Guess you guys never do think about that when you post in the forums. Smile

Get registered or Log in
Vic
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:08 am Post subject: Re: Sad Story Reply with quote

Mickey @ Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:52 am wrote:
You do know if misty wanted to anyone using more than the 207 for the hunt could be DQ'ed.  Guess you guys never do think about that when you post in the forums. Smile

it is not stated in the hunt that you can't, I only have one 196 for distance so far, I did not hunt any last week

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Visit Revolution-Mods.com Today
gas56
Map Maker

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:34 am Post subject: Re: Sad Story Reply with quote

Sad   This is so sad, but the hunt is not over yet,  why not try again?    Laughing  I though the hunt rules said any gun?
Vic
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:41 pm Post subject: Re: Sad Story Reply with quote

Rules do say any weapon if otherwise if would have been stated "only the .207"

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:08 pm Post subject: Re: Sad Story Reply with quote

Definitely states ' any weapon. with or without scope."

No  note about any non permitted weapons

There are not a lot of maps around with 500yrd views.
and we need to keep the skill levels at a peak.
Why would she waste the opportunity.

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ron4560
Site Owner
Legend
Past Legend

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:36 pm Post subject: Re: Sad Story Reply with quote

Mickey @ Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:52 am wrote:

Talk about Think before You Post !! Very Happy

Get registered or Log in
Visit DarkForge Graphics.com Today
Vic
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:14 pm Post subject: Re: Sad Story Reply with quote

LOL Ron! poor mickey

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Mickey

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:15 pm Post subject: Re: Sad Story Reply with quote

I meant as far as over 400 yds, to shoot an animal with any other weapon then shooting it again with the 207 at long range was never allowed.  That's what I meant.

Get registered or Log in
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:33 am Post subject: Re: Sad Story Reply with quote

The way I see it is this.

It cannot be restricted if the rules for the hunt  are "any weapon" and the rules for the hunt do not include the "no multiple weapon" rule as well.
So it makes sense that a two weapon system as Vic describes, is 'Legal' and the most efficient method for this particular hunt.

Also there is no point in putting any restriction on a hunt if the rules cannot be enforced.

It is possible to state a 'no 207' rule on a map with more than a 400yrd veiw distance, and enforce it by dissalowing any animal shot over 400 yards.

It is not possible to enforce a '207 only' rule on any map, over or under 400yrds.
Because the trophy room screen shot and the DHT do not differentiate by calbres used in multi weapon or multi shot kills.
Only the last or kill shot is recorded by calibre and weapon type.
So there is no record to support the fact that any other preceeding shot (other than with the required calibre was used) unless two diferent types of weapon were used.

Preceeding shots are only recorded as multi  if two different types of rifle/weapon are used. EG lever action and bolt.
Then it will show as multi weapon even if both are the same calibre.

But If two different calibre weapons are used and both are the same  type, IE 7mm bolt and 207 bolt, there is no record of the event that can be used to enforce the single calibre rule.
Only the calibre used for the kill shot will be recorded.

So a rule that says '207 only' ... simply cannot be used anyway, because it cannot be enforced..

This is my opinion but it may not be the opinion of the site administrator.

Get registered or Log in
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view hagadoo.com Forum Index ->  DH2005 Bragging Room All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: