Search for at
hagadoo.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Topgun Week #4/BiWeekly # 24 12-10 12pm est.-12--24 1pm est. DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:35 am
ron4560 View latest post
Topgun Week #4/BiWeekly # 24 12-3 -12-17 CANCELLED DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 10 Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:17 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post
Balloons in Silly Snake DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:16 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post
Toggun#3/Biweekly #23 11-19-12-3 Results DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:04 am
ron4560 View latest post
1st Deer with a Bow Deer Hunter 2005 jummpy123 3 Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:42 pm
ron4560 View latest post
alot of dh2005 questions Deer Hunter 2005 cowboy 8 Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:07 pm
ron4560 View latest post
recording and screenshots Info, questions and suggestions for hunts. cowboy 4 Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:55 pm
cowboy View latest post
Topgun Week # 2/BiWeekly # 22 11-5 -11-19 3 pm est -2 pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 2 Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:52 pm
ron4560 View latest post

I cant upload my own custom maps!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    hagadoo.com Forum Index -> General Talk
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eich88

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:51 pm Post subject: I cant upload my own custom maps!!! Reply with quote

I asked this question a week ago but I cant get it to work. the question is how do u upload a map to the game after making it in the Editor.
The things I have tried is.
I click new. Then I create the level. Then I got to the profile finish the profile. next I click create level pack. Then I click save not save as but just save. And then I try to go to the game and the game wont open. it says that where was a error while trying to open the program.

The game that I have is deer hunter 2005 not 2004

Could someone tell me what I am doing wrong and tell me step by step how to get it to work

Thank you so much
Lucky
Map Maker

usa.gif

votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:41 pm Post subject: Re: I cant upload my own custom maps!!! Reply with quote

Eich88 @ Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:51 am wrote:
I asked this question a week ago but I cant get it to work. the question is how do u upload a map to the game after making it in the Editor.
The things I have tried is.
I click new. Then I create the level. Then I got to the profile finish the profile. next I click create level pack. Then I click save not save as but just save. And then I try to go to the game and the game wont open. it says that where was a error while trying to open the program.

The game that I have is deer hunter 2005 not 2004

Could someone tell me what I am doing wrong and tell me step by step how to get it to work

Thank you so much

You do not tell us whether it is the game that gives you the error or if it is the map within the game.
if made correctly the editor will tell you the map has been created sucessfull at (yourmapname).spk

If your game opens ok and your problem is with the map ::
then:

the name of your map (whatever it may be) that is created with the editor will have a .spk extension
your Map .spk has to reside in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Deer Hunter 2005\Game\CustomLevels folder to work.  whatever your map name is just place it in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Deer Hunter 2005\Game\CustomLevels as you do with
any other downloaded map , then start the game and when you get to the screen that shows the hunter click on location then scroll down to your
map name from the list if the .spk has been created correctly with the editor it will open the game in your map.

If the game does not open ok the problem lies within your game, I suggest reinstalling then adding the 1.2 patch

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in
Get registered or Log in
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:52 pm Post subject: Re: I cant upload my own custom maps!!! Reply with quote

Make sure the editor you have installed is the 2005 editor. NOT The 2004.
Both are available on site.

If you set the profile in the editor when you are making the map  the map will show up in the map list in game and you can play it before you even make the spk file

open the editor.
Set all the profile settings then click apply.
if you miss anything it will tell you.
Then when the message appears telling you the profile has been set succesfully,    save      
Close the editor and go to the game and find the map name you set in the profile. you should be able to run the map.

That is how you check and test the map during the course of building it.

When you have completely finished the map click on the little deer head icon in the editor tools and it will open the packing process and lead you through step by step.
When you finish go to your Custom level folder  Find the new spk and rename it the same as you named the map in the profle.Then remove the folder and sve it some place on your computer because you can put it back at some stage and make further changes if you wish.
open the game and the map should play.

Full instructions are also included within the editor

Open your editor
Click the help button
That will open a web page.
Use the slider to get to the bottom of the picture on the webpage and click the enter button.
Read the tutorial and then the documentation  files.

If you are still confused go to the forum DH2005 map making and read the on site tutorial by Magnum 1973. (Affectionately known as "Map Making Tips for Dummies")
Link below.

http://www.hagadoo.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=602

Then if you still have questions or need help come back to us here on the forum..

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

votes: 14

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:04 pm Post subject: Re: I cant upload my own custom maps!!! Reply with quote

PLEASE BE SPECIFIC IN YOUR QUESTIONING

Get registered or Log in
Visit Nuke Evolution Today
Eich88

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:09 pm Post subject: Re: I cant upload my own custom maps!!! Reply with quote

I tried the first part that you said and it still didn't show up.
Eich88

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:11 pm Post subject: Re: I cant upload my own custom maps!!! Reply with quote

When I save it and then close out the editor it wont show up in the Custom Maps file but when I open the Editor and open the file in the editor it will show up on the editor. but not the game
Eich88

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:13 pm Post subject: Re: I cant upload my own custom maps!!! Reply with quote

Its almost like there is no directory from the editor to the game
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:46 pm Post subject: Re: I cant upload my own custom maps!!! Reply with quote

When you make a map in the editor it will automatically place the map folder in the custom level folder of your game.
When you make the spk file (pack the map) it will automatically appear in the custom level folder as well.

That is the only place they can be.
What you are describing is not logical because if the map folder is not in the game/custom level folder the editor can not open it.

Unless you have DH2004 installed as well, and you are using the wrong editor and the files will be in the 2004 game folder, but you will not be able to use them in 2005

The only other possibility I can think off is that you have a second instance of the 2005 game installed on the computer somewhere and you are accessing the wrong file set

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Visit Detailed Designs Today
Eich88

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:51 pm Post subject: Re: I cant upload my own custom maps!!! Reply with quote

ok thank you  I will keep trying
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

votes: 14

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:02 pm Post subject: Re: I cant upload my own custom maps!!! Reply with quote

Do you currently have any Mod's in either of your games?

Get registered or Log in
Eich88

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:17 pm Post subject: Re: I cant upload my own custom maps!!! Reply with quote

no just the patch and I tried it with and with out the patch
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:33 pm Post subject: Re: I cant upload my own custom maps!!! Reply with quote

Does the game actually crash when loading.... or does it crash when loading the map.Two different problems.

Did you remove the red stag map after last weeks foul up.
Have you removed  all the spk from the custom level folder that you have made that didnt work
Have you removed all copies of the map folders that didnt work.
If you have two maps made from the same folder.. with the same folder name.. but with different map names.they can conflict and one or both may crash..

The best thing is remove all folders and spks related to this map and see if the game will open and run any other maps.
If not uninstall the game and start again.

Save all your  maps to a folder on desktop so you can put them back in the custom level folder after the new install

New install.. patch to 1.2 then install the map editor start a new fresh map following one or the other of the two tutorials
available.

If it works ,, then add the saved maps one at a time and check the game still runs. If it crashes the last map you added needs to be deleted. Chech the game still runs and continiue loading the saved maps.

Get registered or Log in
Visit Evo-File Today
drwhitetail

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:17 am Post subject: Re: I cant upload my own custom maps!!! Reply with quote

Eich88 @ Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:11 pm wrote:
When I save it and then close out the editor it wont show up in the Custom Maps file but when I open the Editor and open the file in the editor it will show up on the editor. but not the game

It almost sounds like things weren't initially installed into the proper locations? Or, if you're running Win7, maybe you're having some weird things like I had going on before I realized I had to switch both the editor and the game to Administrative mode to get things to work properly.

But going through Dan's steps should answer a bunch of questions as far as were the problem is occurring and if it's game related or editor related. Smile
kentmaple

usa.gif

Reputation: 43.4Reputation: 43.4Reputation: 43.4Reputation: 43.4

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:38 pm Post subject: Re: I cant upload my own custom maps!!! Reply with quote

agree with Dr. Whitetail.  Kinda sounds like Administrative privileges .  Are you running Windows 7 OS?  If you're not logged in as administrator (even if your account has administrative privileges) , your content i.e. your custom map folder may not show under your account name (its like a hidden folder but can only be seen by the PC's administrator).  Had some probs running programs cuz of this.  You can fix this two ways, log in as administrator or look in your Atari folders and anything that has a lock next to the folder , change the access to it (i.e. administrative privileges) by right clicking on the folder ( this should bring up options tabs-click Properties then Security) so you can view, edit, etc under your account.  Give yourself full access to everything for your account name.

"Please stop calling me that, people are gonna think I have a bladder control problem" - Squirty Pants
Eich88

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:30 am Post subject: Re: I cant upload my own custom maps!!! Reply with quote

Thank you everyone for the help I have figure out the problem but I don't no how to fix it.
Ok so I am able to save my own custom maps to my game and play them. but there is one problem. when I make a map with dynamic objects in it . and I try to save the map it wont let me open it in the game.

Again it is only the maps that have dynamic objects.

Could someone tell me why this is happening.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view hagadoo.com Forum Index ->  General Talk All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: