Search for at
hagadoo.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Topgun #3 /BiWeekly 11-19 - 2:00 pm est. - 12-3 2:00 pm est. DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:49 pm
ron4560 View latest post
alot of dh2005 questions Deer Hunter 2005 cowboy 7 Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:13 am
cowboy View latest post
recording and screenshots Info, questions and suggestions for hunts. cowboy 4 Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:55 pm
cowboy View latest post
Topgun Week # 2/BiWeekly # 22 11-5 -11-19 3 pm est -2 pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 2 Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:52 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Biweekly #19 09-24 - 10-08 Results DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:23 pm
Vic View latest post
PM's General Talk REZ325 1 Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:17 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post
Results Topgun Week 1/Biweekly #21 10-22 -11-5 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:35 pm
ron4560 View latest post
1st Deer with a Bow Deer Hunter 2005 jummpy123 2 Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:16 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post

how to view textures

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    hagadoo.com Forum Index -> Deer Hunter 2005 Map Making
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
pappy

canada.gif

votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:55 am Post subject: how to view textures Reply with quote

hello all: i was wondering if there is a way to view ie....trees..grass textures etc before adding the selection to a map?
also, is there a way to make a "walking trails" that winds through the map?     txs

KEEP YOUR NOSE TO THE WIND AND YOUR POWDER DRY...
Lucky
Map Maker

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:34 am Post subject: Re: how to view textures Reply with quote

you can find the trees and other objects for DH2005 under editor models folder here: http://www.hagadoo.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&cid=30

Walking trails can be created with a texture overlay created with a .png file in the editor
by making your trail in a 640 X 640 Black and white picture (white areas being your trail) .bmp greyscale  
converted to .png when saved to your map then using
that .png for your texture placement

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in
Get registered or Log in
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:57 pm Post subject: Re: how to view textures Reply with quote

Texture files can also be seen in the editor during the selection process. When you choose the texture from the file list it will preview in the small pane on the file browser.
Also once you choose the texture and apply it you can go back and change it as many times as you wish if you dont like the look of it in the map.

Walking trails and winding roads can be a problem as the texture application tends to be wider than one would want for walking trails, and texture directions will only lay successfully in increments of 45 degrees without loosing definition and becoming a big splodge.
Some  better examples of walking tracks I have attempted to make would be in Virginia woods, Westbrook Woods  or Coogans Bluff, but to me , none of them have been what I really wanted.
It is something I am still working on and I have in my latest map ( Snake River Wy.) got a lot closer to the effect of a narrow dirt road imitation and also managed to  break up the 45 degree direction changes. See the photo here

Get registered or Log in

but the method was very time consuming and still needs some work to get it absolutely believable.
Removing the centre line of grass and closing the sides in more would probably give more of  a walking track effect. The biggest hurdle is finding grass and bush models that can be used in high enough numbers to define the road boundary without bottoming out the frame rate.

Good luck with it and let me know if you find your way to the end of the track. Very Happy

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
misty

blank.gif

votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:59 am Post subject: Re: how to view textures Reply with quote

If you are looking to see if one type of tree matches your textures or other trees before you place them in as objects, you can preview how they look in the map by adding them in as a dynamic object.  This way you can easily switch between different types of trees to find the one you want.  Just don't forget to lower the density of the dynamic object before you select a tree, or it will slow down your editor; plus, you will not get a good view of the tree.  And keep in mind that the size of the tree will be different than when you load it in as an object.  And when you are done, you just simply delete the dynamic object you were useing to preview trees with.
Visit DFG-GAMING.COM Today
pappy

canada.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:29 pm Post subject: Re: how to view textures Reply with quote

txs so much for your advise   i am trying to get all the extra info i can before i start my first map..i hope one day to share   "pappy's deer camp"  it is, i hope, to be an accurate map of my favorite hunting area in manitoba canada  i cannot get out any-more to this spot but i remember every trail and land area in it   i am sure i will ask a lot more questions before my map will be ready   i ask all to be understanding   i know you will be as HAGADOO is the best site for   DH2005  to be on         pappy

KEEP YOUR NOSE TO THE WIND AND YOUR POWDER DRY...
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view hagadoo.com Forum Index ->  Deer Hunter 2005 Map Making All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: