Search for at
hagadoo.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Biweekly # 20 10-8 -10-22 2:pm est. -10-22 1pm est. DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:54 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Biweekly #19 09-24 - 10-08 Results DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:51 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Back after 8 Years Introduce yourself MarkGS 4 Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:55 am
MarkGS View latest post
Hunt #18 Results 9-10 -9-24 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:24 pm
REZ325 View latest post
BiWeekly Hunt # 19 9-24 -10-08 2:00pm est. -10-08 1:00pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 2 Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:36 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Moving House. General Talk DanthemanBoone 5 Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:34 am
Jimbo1952 View latest post
Hunt #17 Results 8-27 - 9-10 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:28 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Hunt # 18 9-10 2pm est - 9-24 est. DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:25 am
ron4560 View latest post

Total Weight in the Hunter Standings/Legend
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    hagadoo.com Forum Index -> Deer Hunter 2005
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesse James

usa.gif

votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:37 pm Post subject: Total Weight in the Hunter Standings/Legend Reply with quote

Why is Deerkillers weight in the Hunter Standings 2215 and in the Legend standings it is 2210?
A difference of 5 points.

Why is Gunslinger's weight in the Hunter Standings 1787 and in the Legend standings it is 1801?
A difference of 14 points.

Why is Ron4560's weight in the Hunter Standings 2174 and in the Legend standings it is 2194?
A difference of 20 points.

Shouldn't everyone's be the same?  Are these hunters short the difference in points shown or have they been given to many points?

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Magnum1973

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:06 am Post subject: Re: Total Weight in the Hunter Standings/Legend Reply with quote

I am glad that you had nothing better to do with your time then to add up the scores and point out the imperfection of the staff here.  It wasn't enough for you to post about it in the tips and tricks section but you also had to go and start a new post. This is most unappreciated. It is not mine or Ray's responsibility to double check the scores after they are posted.  It is the responsibility of the hunter to let us know that there is a mistake. They should do this within a day or so after the results are posted.
It's nice that you give the appearance that you care about the other hunters scores but let be honest, everyone here knows all that you really care about is inflating your ego and winning the Legend.  I don't think people really care about the Legend anyhow.  While you are off using some insane tactic to exploit the game and pad your score, the other hunters are off having fun,knowing that they might have a chance to win the weekly hunt, knowing that you are after the Legend title.
My final suggestion to you and anyone else that doesn't like how things are being run, is for you to get on your horse and ride off into the sunset.

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
RutMaster

usa.gif

votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:44 pm Post subject: Re: Total Weight in the Hunter Standings/Legend Reply with quote

In order to keep the hunts and the Legend "fair " and assure all hunters are not using unethical means to harvest their deer, I would not have a problem with the weekly hunts only counting toward the score if a recording of the hunt is turned in at weeks end for all entries. This way we know if hunters are really that good or they aren't. I'm assuming that members 'DON'T CHEAT' FOR THEIR SCORES. I personally enjoy hunting with everyone i hunt with because I know everyone is just having fun and if we manage to win then I know that person deserved it. However, if that person was known to use unethical means then they really aren't that great of a hunter now are they. I have been playing DH since Dec. 08 (the same time I joined Hagadoo) I have noticed that my rankings are climbing, I have a  site record Blacktail ( that may be a Internet record) that may never be beat who knows.....But one thing I can truly say is that I did not use any unfair advantage to get it (I basically got lucky...lol). What i'm trying to say is "Can't we just hunt and quit bashing ray and Mag for silly stuff", my god people, it's just a game!! I personally will challenge any member to a recorded hunt and put my so called skills against your so called skills...if i win great, if i don't great, at least i had fun! I'm not posting this to say people cheat, or they are skilled or not skilled. I'm posting this because I  am really tired of folks bashing Hagadoo, new folks coming in...pay no attention to the bickering...hunt have fun and strive to be the best hunter!! I appreciate being heard and did not post this to point anyone out, if your offended TOO BAD...happy hunting!!!!

Get registered or Log in

Mossyback_Moe

usa.gif

votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:04 pm Post subject: Re: Total Weight in the Hunter Standings/Legend Reply with quote

I have a suggestion. Since JJ had nothing to do with setting up "the legend" and has only done what is required by the rules. Perhaps we should just discontinue the legend and concede the title to him. As Magnum says, nobody seems to care about the "legend" since Jesse got in the lead. Then we would only have the weekly hunts to worry about and Jesse would win most of them. Look under DH 2005 Hunt Winners and see who has won the most weekly hunts. (Dripbag is Jesse James, he just had the staff to change his hunter name back to Jesse James).
As for the "insane tactics" he is accused of, they are common sense and a superior knowledge of the game.
I guess this is what prompted Rutmaster to make innuendoes about cheating. Well you can forget that. Ask anyone who knows him and they will tell you he is one of the most honest hunters to ever be on this site or any other.
Everyone to their own tactics, but did you ever consider that while you are in TS chatting and having fun that someone else might just spend that time hunting and that is why they win?

Maybe I should also add the fact that Jesse's ego is not the only one involved here.

PS: Even though a lot of the "tips and tricks" posted here may be valid, they are not the only successful ones. Besides, not everyone has the same ability to execute them.

If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch...

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Last edited by Mossyback_Moe on Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Visit Evo-Hacks Today
DeerKillers

italy.gif

votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:10 pm Post subject: Re: Total Weight in the Hunter Standings/Legend Reply with quote

Mossyback_Moe @ Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:04 pm wrote:
Then we would only have the weekly hunts to worry about and Jesse would win most of them. Look under DH 2005 Hunt Winners and see who has won the most weekly hunts.

Why are you saying this? Do you think he's the only who hunts here? It doesn't count who wins, the only thing that counts is having FUN. And for your curiosity, I won 4 weekly hunts in the hunt winners. And if you like to demoralize other players, don't post these things in a public forum. It's like saying "You can continue hunting, but you will never win". That's what you said.

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Mossyback_Moe

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:31 pm Post subject: Re: Total Weight in the Hunter Standings/Legend Reply with quote

That is not what I said. I said "most" and pointed to evidence to support my statement. If you are demoralized by the truth, that's a personal problem. Besides, if you're just hunting for fun, what difference does it make?

The main thing I'm doing is defending a good person who spent 3 years of his life improving and helping keep this site going  before most of the new people showed up, against false accusations and jealousy.

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Jesse James

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:43 pm Post subject: Re: Total Weight in the Hunter Standings/Legend Reply with quote

Blitzking, I'm not gunning for you or anyone else around here as a matter of fact.  I know you didn’t have anything to do with it.  You’re just a member here, like the rest of us.  

I guess after running the hunts and doing the results around here for 2-1/2 years, one could get the impression that I have noting better to do than keep an eye on the most important aspect of any competition, your score.  I could have let the whole thing blow out the window last Sunday, when I noticed that my Legend score was 2 points less than what was posted in the results.  If I win this Legend, I want to win it with the points I send in, not because someone gave them to me more by mistake.

I’m glad that I had nothing better to do with my time then to add up the
scores and point out the imperfections to the staff.  If I was in a bass tournament and they weighed my fish in at 12 lbs when I knew I had only 10 lbs, I would let them know also.
Had you responded to my private email to you on Monday about the imperfections, I probably could have helped you out then.

As for your statement “It is not mine or Ray's responsibility to double check the scores after they are posted” and “It is the responsibility of the hunter to let us know that there is a mistake...”  I let both of you know this in private emails and pm’s…I even received a private message from Rez telling me “Thank you for pointing out our error, we are currently reviewing the past info and will address it shortly.” I didn’t even get a response from you.  I did notice though that it didn’t take long to deduct 2 points from my score.

It's nice that I give the appearance that I care about the other hunters
scores here but that is nothing new, I always have.  It’s the honest thing to do, is it not?  I wasn’t aware that everyone here felt that all I only really care about is inflating my ego and winning the Legend.  I also was not aware that I was using some insane tactic to exploit the game and pad my score.  The whole tactic behind redesigning  the way the Legend tournament is being run now is to keep me from winning the weekly as often, if at all.  That is noting new to the other hunters who are off having fun.

My final suggestion to you, or anyone else that doesn't like how I conduct myself here as a member, is for you to get on your horse and start taking  care of the little things so the big things take care of themselves.

Your remarks were unappreciated by me as well.  They are a true reflection of your feelings toward me and I thank you for being honest with that in public for all to see.  I will not ride off into the sunset, never did, never will.  Every western movie I have ever watched, the winner got to stay in town, not the other way around.  If I do ride off into the sunset, it will be to get away from a manure pile.

Why don’t you take a vote of the members here: How many want JJ to ride off into the sunset?

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Last edited by Jesse James on Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jesse James

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:54 pm Post subject: Re: Total Weight in the Hunter Standings/Legend Reply with quote

Just the first Paragraph..............................the rest is not directed to you.........

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Visit Evo-Hacks Today
RutMaster

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:26 pm Post subject: Re: Total Weight in the Hunter Standings/Legend Reply with quote

Mossyback_Moe @ Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:04 pm wrote:
I have a suggestion. Since JJ had nothing to do with setting up "the legend" and has only done what is required by the rules. Perhaps we should just discontinue the legend and concede the title to him. As Magnum says, nobody seems to care about the "legend" since Jesse got in the lead. Then we would only have the weekly hunts to worry about and Jesse would win most of them. Look under DH 2005 Hunt Winners and see who has won the most weekly hunts. (Dripbag is Jesse James, he just had the staff to change his hunter name back to Jesse James).
As for the "insane tactics" he is accused of, they are common sense and a superior knowledge of the game.
I guess this is what prompted Rutmaster to make innuendoes about cheating. Well you can forget that. Ask anyone who knows him and they will tell you he is one of the most honest hunters to ever be on this site or any other.
Everyone to their own tactics, but did you ever consider that while you are in TS chatting and having fun that someone else might just spend that time hunting and that is why they win?

Maybe I should also add the fact that Jesse's ego is not the only one involved here.

PS: Even though a lot of the "tips and tricks" posted here may be valid, they are not the only successful ones. Besides, not everyone has the same ability to execute them.
Let me clear something up...when I read my post unfortunately after I posted it I realized it kinda pointed to JJ...I by no means am saying he is a cheater. I clearly suggested that if anyone thinks anyone is a cheater, then why not record the hunts. I immediately after posting that sent JJ a PM letting him know that wasn't a shot at him. Please understand I'm not saying people are cheating to win hunts I was suggesting away to eliminate the possibility of it. I personally am happy for JJ to be so far ahead in the Legend...cause when I catch and beat him I'll be pretty awesome!!! lol

Get registered or Log in

RutMaster

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:35 pm Post subject: Re: Total Weight in the Hunter Standings/Legend Reply with quote

Yes, I have no problem with it. I think there challenging and I enjoy the competition.

Get registered or Log in

RutMaster

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:43 pm Post subject: Re: Total Weight in the Hunter Standings/Legend Reply with quote

My Pleasure.

Get registered or Log in

Mossyback_Moe

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:31 pm Post subject: Re: Total Weight in the Hunter Standings/Legend Reply with quote

Brian, it's already split in two. The weekly hunt score consists of what rez sets up as the weekly hunt objective. The legend score is the total of your weekly score + weight + distance shot.

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Visit DFG-GAMING.COM Today
Jesse James

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:57 pm Post subject: Re: Total Weight in the Hunter Standings/Legend Reply with quote

Mossy is right Brian, they are two separate tournaments now.  All you have to do is use the right weapon and go for the score, weight and distance.  This week it doesn't matter what distance you get them at, if wanting to increase your Legend score, as long as you don't shot one at a distance over the rack score because the minus distance gets added right back into the Legend distance.  If you are a Legend hunter and do not care about winning the weekly, then you have to get monster bucks each and every week, along with distance and of course your weekly score.

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Mossyback_Moe

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:44 pm Post subject: Re: Total Weight in the Hunter Standings/Legend Reply with quote

Brian, just call me Mossy, everybody else does. I'm not trying to give you a short answer, so please understand. You, or I, or Jesse have absolutely nothing to do with setting up tournaments. That's entirely up to rez and Magnum. I see what you're saying about a separate junior tournament for newbies, but you're talking to the wrong people. I can hunt however they set it up.

Good hunting

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Magnum1973

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:22 am Post subject: Re: Total Weight in the Hunter Standings/Legend Reply with quote

Maybe if you had sent me a pm like Ray told you to then I would have responded. You say you posted this crap in here because no one responded to you but then point out that the your score was changed. When Ray told me about the error I fixed it.  Just look at the bottom of the scores,  the date the scores was last edited was February 3.  So even though you never got a pm it is pretty obvious that the error you pointed out was taken care of and these other errors would have taken care of as well.  Yet for some reason you felt the need to stir up trouble and post it in here.
Quote: <Select>
I did notice though that it didn’t take long to deduct 2 points from my score.

If you checked the standings on Tuesday, you would have seen that they were corrected to what you had pointed out(except for the extra 100pts for Dk, don't know where you got that from). So let's be fair here , it wasn't just your score that was adjusted.

They are a true reflection of your feelings toward me and I thank you for being honest with that in public for all to see.

Never had a problem with you, even when you questioned my integrity, I defended you when people called you a reloader and a cheat(not saying you are just what some people said)  I let you run your mouth about all the work you did on the site.  (wonder who made it so it was easy for you to use the site?)Did I say anything when you wanted to deceive the members  by going by the name of Dripbag? There are numerous other things that I won't even go into.  So do I have the right to respond to your post, in the forums, with what I said?  Yeh!  I think I have earned that and the members deserve to know the crap that we have to put up with here from certain members.

If I do ride off into the sunset, it will be to get away from a manure pile.

Wait, are you referring to me or the site as a pile of manure?  Either way if that is how you feel I can saddle up the horse for you.

I lost track of how much of my free time that I have put into this  site for it to be enjoyable for all, including myself, and I am not going to stand by and let a few constantly stir up problems and ruin the fun for the majority.

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view hagadoo.com Forum Index ->  Deer Hunter 2005 All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: