Search for at
hagadoo.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Topgun #3 /BiWeekly 11-19 - 2:00 pm est. - 12-3 2:00 pm est. DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:49 pm
ron4560 View latest post
recording and screenshots Info, questions and suggestions for hunts. cowboy 3 Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:08 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post
Biweekly #19 09-24 - 10-08 Results DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:23 pm
Vic View latest post
PM's General Talk REZ325 1 Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:17 pm
alot of dh2005 questions Deer Hunter 2005 cowboy 6 Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:33 pm
REZ325 View latest post
Results Topgun Week 1/Biweekly #21 10-22 -11-5 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:35 pm
ron4560 View latest post
1st Deer with a Bow Deer Hunter 2005 jummpy123 2 Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:16 pm
Topgun Week # 2/BiWeekly # 22 11-5 -11-19 3 pm est -2 pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:57 pm
miriambrenda View latest post

Windows Vista compatibility and DH2004/5

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    hagadoo.com Forum Index -> Deer Hunter 2004 and ISV .
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
LogJumper

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:04 pm Post subject: Windows Vista compatibility and DH2004/5 Reply with quote

Have a new system with Windows Vista Home Premium up and running and need help getting DH2004/5  to run on same. Saw the info on either your site or another one (not sure) awhile back, but didnt' get to copy it down at the time. Any help would be appreciated....

Also, any help or info about the new DH2007(?) download/ installation  would be helpful? Anyone?

LogJumper (Haskell)
Magnum1973

usa.gif

votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:25 pm Post subject: Re: Windows Vista compatibility and DH2004/5 Reply with quote

Rez325 is the man to help you intstall the mod for 04 to 07.  Sorry Ray but you have had lots of practice.  I will look around to see if I can find anything about the compatibility issues with vista.   If I don't I will ask Mickey to post here.  He had some issues with vista and got them worked out.   BY the way welcome to the site.

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

votes: 14

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:58 pm Post subject: Re: Windows Vista compatibility and DH2004/5 Reply with quote

Vidar is the true expert, when he see's this post, I know he will respond. Now as far as 04 to 07, I can help, but first I have to ask, do you have a mic. If so, get our team speak info at the bottom and join us every night after 8 PM EST. I can help you better there, then posting back & forth in the forums. Send me a PM with your email, & I'll also send you a tutorial to help get you started. Welcome aboard, & Happy Hunting. Smile

Get registered or Log in
Vidar

norway.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:56 pm Post subject: Re: Windows Vista compatibility and DH2004/5 Reply with quote

You give me way too much credit on this Ray.  Wink    I use VISTA Ultimate 64bit myself and I never had any problems when I installed DH2005 on my new computer - I think it's because I did open my game folders and changed the Read Only attributes on all the folders from Atari to Game prior to running the game.  I was aware of this because of some postings here at Hagadoo - based upon Mickey's findings.  So Mag is right on the money when looking to Mickey!   Very Happy

I made a post about it at BGL and I will copy it in here:

Found this over at Hagadoo's - possible solution to your double profiles problems when using Vista (verbatim):

syko1: "Well, I'll post it up here, but know this was Mickey's solution for the overall problem I was having w/ DH2004. We both just did the same thing w/ DH2005 and it worked.
Basically, you go to your Profile folder and right-click. Select Properties and uncheck "Read Only".
This appears to have worked as I have not had any doubling or tripling of profiles in DH2005 since, but everyone's systems are different. (BTW..this DOES NOT seem to be working for TH2003 as I'm still having the same problems).
"

Also they seem to have a solution for exporting .dht files and screenshots in DH2005 using Vista (verbatim):

trappinwi: "I am having a difficult time getting my screenshots from the trophy room to export. I hear the click when I hit F10 and then click export. But, neither the screenshot nor the .dht file end up in the folders they should be in.

I believe the culprit lies in the fact that I am using Vista Ultimate. I can do the old print screen and paste it into an e-mail and it works fine. The problem seems to be in the game/operating system.

Has anyone experienced this, and found a fix? I would like to start participating in the weekly hunts but I understand that I need the .dht files.

Any help on this issue???"

---

trappinwi: "I figured it out. If someone else reads this in the future and has the same problem here is what to do...

Click on the screenshots or trophies folder.
At the top of the window in a tool bar is a button called "Compatibility files" or something like that.
Click it.
That's it. They should all show up.

I don't know why it did that. I have been using Vista Ultimate since it came out and I do a bunch of graphics work, but I have never seen that before."

Hopefully that will help some of you struggling with Vista...

Also I have a document written by Clem over at AntlerCreekLodge that explains this more in depth and a lot better than I ever could, but I do not want to post it without his permission. I believe you can see it at ACL as member there.

Sadly I haven't had the time to visit all the sites I am member of lately  Sad  and as it seems I will have even less time in the upcoming months..   Crying or Very sad

If someone want the document (it's in MS Word format) PM me and I will forward it to you.

Edit: You can check out Clem's webpage about some of these problems here.

Get registered or Log in
Visit Nuke Evolution Today
LogJumper

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:46 pm Post subject: Re: Windows Vista compatibility and DH2004/5 Reply with quote

Sorry, everyone....
Am still having problems with DH2004/DH2007. Haven't be able to get the right file that I need (ie. dh04isv.zip). Think I have the 'missing files' mentioned in the forum and did get the dh2007 editor downloaded. Does anybody there have a copy of the file on a cd or is willing to put it on a cd for me and send it? Let me know if it's possible,ok? Thanks in advance for your great help on this.

BTW, I am collecting those 'pgm' mapping files in to a folder so I can get them sent  to magnum1973 (is that right?) Also, is it ok to send a zip file of the maps, or do I send them within the e-mail itself? Please advise. He can then share them with whomever would like them...

LogJumper here Sad
Mickey

usa.gif

votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:11 pm Post subject: Re: Windows Vista compatibility and DH2004/5 Reply with quote

Also have you got the serivce pack 1 for vista.  I know I had downloaded a bunch of the hot fixes before the service pack1 was released. but it does fix some of the compatibility problems.  Also some of the games you have to run in compatibilty mode so they will work with vista.

Get registered or Log in
LogJumper

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:15 am Post subject: Re: Windows Vista compatibility and DH2004/5 Reply with quote

Mickey @ Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:11 am wrote:
Also have you got the serivce pack 1 for vista.  I know I had downloaded a bunch of the hot fixes before the service pack1 was released. but it does fix some of the compatibility problems.  Also some of the games you have to run in compatibilty mode so they will work with vista.

Mickey,
No, don't have the service pack 1 for Vista (at least, not that I know of, anyway). Will have to check on that, I guess.....and thanks for the info provided. Great bunch of people there at hagadoo, for sure. Smile

The "LogJumper".
Magnum1973

usa.gif

votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:52 pm Post subject: Re: Windows Vista compatibility and DH2004/5 Reply with quote

Quote:

BTW, I am collecting those 'pgm' mapping files in to a folder so I can get them sent  to magnum1973 (is that right?) Also, is it ok to send a zip file of the maps, or do I send them within the e-mail itself? Please advise. He can then share them with whomever would like them.

Just send them in a zip file to
Please login to see this email
Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Visit Evo-File Today
LogJumper

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:23 am Post subject: Re: Windows Vista compatibility and DH2004/5 Reply with quote

Magnum1973 @ Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:52 pm wrote:
Quote:

BTW, I am collecting those 'pgm' mapping files in to a folder so I can get them sent  to magnum1973 (is that right?) Also, is it ok to send a zip file of the maps, or do I send them within the e-mail itself? Please advise. He can then share them with whomever would like them.

Just send them in a zip file to
Please login to see this email
Get registered or Log in

Magnum,

LogJumper here, Got them sent off yesterday. Let me know if you received them, ok?

BTW, finally got DH2004 up and running on Vista. Thanks for all the help, everyone. Couldn't have done it by myself, LOL
Now, all I have to do is get the same  done with DH2005. Then maybe I can get in on a hunt or two.  Haven't done that since  '07.

Thanks again for everything.

LogJumper (AKA Diamondback)
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view hagadoo.com Forum Index ->  Deer Hunter 2004 and ISV . All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: