Search for at
hagadoo.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Topgun Week #4/BiWeekly # 24 12-10 12pm est.-12--24 1pm est. DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:35 am
ron4560 View latest post
Topgun Week #4/BiWeekly # 24 12-3 -12-17 CANCELLED DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 10 Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:17 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post
Balloons in Silly Snake DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:16 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post
Toggun#3/Biweekly #23 11-19-12-3 Results DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:04 am
ron4560 View latest post
1st Deer with a Bow Deer Hunter 2005 jummpy123 3 Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:42 pm
ron4560 View latest post
alot of dh2005 questions Deer Hunter 2005 cowboy 8 Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:07 pm
ron4560 View latest post
recording and screenshots Info, questions and suggestions for hunts. cowboy 4 Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:55 pm
cowboy View latest post
Topgun Week # 2/BiWeekly # 22 11-5 -11-19 3 pm est -2 pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 2 Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:52 pm
ron4560 View latest post

Hey Jesse James
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    hagadoo.com Forum Index -> Deer Hunter 2005
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeerKillers

italy.gif

votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:17 am Post subject: Re: Hey Jesse James Reply with quote

I said useless in the game, not in our weekly hunts. The thing I don't like is teh thing you writed:
"298 rack score is useless if he weights 110 lbs and you take him at 120 yds. Like you said in another topic, this game should simulate real life hunting, and I don't think that if you see a HUGE buck in real life, you must walk behind like a shrimp. Then, when you're at 399 yards, you must wait till he stops, because he is moving. Extremely realistic! If you do this in real life you're more then crazy LOL

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Mossyback_Moe

usa.gif

votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:41 am Post subject: Re: Hey Jesse James Reply with quote

I agree this is a simulation of reality, but we're talking about tournament play. Since I no longer select the maps or post the objectives, I hunt what is posted by the admins, as does everyone else. I would be careful about biting the hands that have provided a venue for you to brag on yourself for years.

In the words of Jagger: "YOU can't always get what YOU want......"

If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch...

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
DeerKillers

italy.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:47 am Post subject: Re: Hey Jesse James Reply with quote

Please read my posts before talking. I didn't said: "I don't hunt if.....". I said that hunting while walking backward isn't that fun for all. I know 5 - 6 peoples that hunted in this site 1 year ago, and all of them leaved because if the "longest shot" hunt.
Like I said:
"That's only my opinion"

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

votes: 14

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:06 am Post subject: Re: Hey Jesse James Reply with quote

I agree with Mossy on his last statement  "I think you prefer to hunt just large racks and nothing else", Please no offense DeerKillers. Wink Did any one look a Jesse James screen shots & dht's from last weeks hunt that he won? All his entries where with an OPEN SIGHT RIFLE at MAXIMUM VIEW DISTANCE (ie...342yds!) To me that is incredible! Jesse is the true meaning of a professional hunter! Smile He could of shot those same deer with a scoped weapon, but he did not. He challenged himself, I applaud his accomplishment. In this tournament you will have to be a true pro hunter, a master of all weapons, with or with out the scope. Just looking for the monster racks will not cut it. You have to be a master of the weapons & stalker of the deers to win. We are trying to keep it new & fresh, I hope we do not upset too many in doing so. I will say this in closing, I am open for suggestions & help, (but it does not mean I will take it) but please post it in the Info, Questions, & Suggestions for the Site block of the forums. All will be looked at and discussed between Mag & I.
Thank you all for continuing to keep this site the Best, Good Luck & Happy Hunting! Smile

Get registered or Log in

Last edited by REZ325 on Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Visit DarkForge Graphics.com Today
Mossyback_Moe

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:10 am Post subject: Re: Hey Jesse James Reply with quote

DK, If these people leaved for that reason, it was really because they couldn't compete. I don't know who they  are, but I don't think
they have been missed.
I don't particularly like the distance hunts myself. They require a lot of effort, but I struggle along til next week...lol
Not everyone has trouble with them, though. JJ seems to be the "Master" of the long distance shot. Very Happy  Very Happy

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
DeerKillers

italy.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:12 am Post subject: Re: Hey Jesse James Reply with quote

Yes, and I agree on that with you. I prefer hunting racks, not distance or meat.
It isn't hard to hunt without the scope, just use the spotting scope to take aim and then change quickly to the weapon and...BOOM!
The hard thing is if the buck is wounded in a leg, he will never stop walking...
I didn't saw that, good job JJ! You are really a pro hunter on these things!

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Jesse James

usa.gif

votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:44 pm Post subject: Re: Hey Jesse James Reply with quote

Thanks for the fluff guys but anyone can get er done, it's all in knowing how and what to do.  My biggest problem this week isn't to get them to stop after being hit once, it is finding them again to get another shot off.  I hit one 4 times; 2 holes in each side of the neck, 1 just over the lungs and 1 that split his spine. He stopped moving for the 5th killing shot, after going through 2 boxes of shells and right after a RB picked a fight with him. He was, so to speak, "Having a bad day". Very Happy

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Mickey

usa.gif

votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:59 pm Post subject: Re: Hey Jesse James Reply with quote

To be honest the open sighted guns are the easiest to shoot long distance only problem is you have to stop and check with the spotting scope.  Other than that not that hard hardest weapon on the 05 game is the shotgun.  Its not that accurate takes awhile to bring them down.  As for hunting anyone that hunts for trophys aint a hunter, A hunter goes for meat first rack second.  One reason the site has always done good we've never been a trophy only site.  Also if there is a hunt you think everyone might enjoy pm one of the admins.  
Visit Evo-File Today
DeerKillers

italy.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:06 am Post subject: Re: Hey Jesse James Reply with quote

Mickey @ Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:59 am wrote:
 As for hunting anyone that hunts for trophys aint a hunter, A hunter goes for meat first rack second.  

I don't know if you're a real hunter, but I am a real hunter here. Sorry, maybe I have read worng. Maybe in the USA you hunt only for meat. Here ALL the hunters hunts for rack, for the trophy. If I want a fresh deer meat, I can buy 1 kg for 3-4 Euro (5£ dollars). In all the europe 80% of the hunters hunt for the TROPHY. Have you never heard about Hungary, Bulgary and some other paradises of deer hunting? You can pay 35.000 - 40.000 USD for a Gold Medal Red Deer. And if you hunt there.... you can't take the meat with you. You can only hunt the trophy, and the rack is your. Yes, here we are in 100 - 120 hunters and maybe 5 - 10 of them are meathunters. If I want meat, I buy it.

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Mossyback_Moe

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:48 am Post subject: Re: Hey Jesse James Reply with quote

In the US, it is illegal to sell any wild game. If you buy deer meat here,it is from pen raised animals. Probably pretty much like the pen raised trophies you pay to shoot, and the landowner keeps the meat, .....brilliant. Not very sporting, though. It's a lot like hunting slaughter maps and bragging about your trophies.....lol

PS: Do you have to go to another country to hunt these "bargains"

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
DeerKillers

italy.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:39 am Post subject: Re: Hey Jesse James Reply with quote

LOL

P.S. sorry for my english, but what is a "bargain"?

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Mossyback_Moe

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:45 am Post subject: Re: Hey Jesse James Reply with quote

bargain, buy, steal an advantageous purchase;
"she got a bargain at the auction"; "the stock was a real buy at that price"

I intended it in a sarcastic way.

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Visit DFG-GAMING.COM Today
DeerKillers

italy.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:26 pm Post subject: Re: Hey Jesse James Reply with quote

oh, yes thanks! I didn't understand what did "bargain" mean. But now I know that it means buy,steal... Very Happy
You're right!  Laughing
I think that who goes hunting that monster bucks in that places must be very rich! I prefer to hunt in areas where you don't know what you see, not an area like that where you know what buck is your. That's stealing for me! And it isn't a sport too...

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

votes: 14

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:04 pm Post subject: Re: Hey Jesse James Reply with quote

"DeerKillers Quote "If you don't believe me I can post the dht file here, DOUBLE BARRELED Shotgun at 250 yards."

PLEASE POST IT!!!! I can't kill anything that far, I can't get the shotgun too register on a target at that range Sad

Get registered or Log in
Mossyback_Moe

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:20 pm Post subject: Re: Hey Jesse James Reply with quote

Hey rez, not many of the hunters on here can shoot a double barrel at long distance. Just forget distance and concentrate on rack score and weight. It will help you in "The Legend"....lol
BTW, DK, I think everyone would like to see the .dht since you brought it up...

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view hagadoo.com Forum Index ->  Deer Hunter 2005 All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: