Search for at
hagadoo.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Topgun Week 1/Biweekly #21 10-22 -11-5 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:35 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Biweekly #19 09-24 - 10-08 Results DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:51 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Biweekly # 20 10-8 -10-22 2:pm est. -10-22 1pm est. DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:54 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Back after 8 Years Introduce yourself MarkGS 4 Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:55 am
MarkGS View latest post
Hunt #18 Results 9-10 -9-24 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:24 pm
REZ325 View latest post
BiWeekly Hunt # 19 9-24 -10-08 2:00pm est. -10-08 1:00pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 2 Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:36 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Moving House. General Talk DanthemanBoone 5 Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:34 am
Jimbo1952 View latest post
Hunt #17 Results 8-27 - 9-10 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:28 pm
ron4560 View latest post

This weeks bow hunt?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    hagadoo.com Forum Index -> Deer Hunter 2005
 View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want more Bow Hunts, & a Weapon Skill Builder Series?
Yes
81%
 81%  [ 9 ]
No
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Does not matter
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

votes: 14

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:34 am Post subject: This weeks bow hunt? Reply with quote

As you know this week we were bow hunting! It was really fun for me and all my hunting friends that I hunt with online & in team speak. It was very CHALLENGING! My question is, would you like to do more bow hunts in the future, or just as bonus point at times? Also I would like to do a weapon skill builder series of hunts, ie... shot gun, muzzle loader, rifle, bow, pistols. With normal hunting conditions, all should earn there "Gold Skins" in no time at all (at least for those who do not have it) So please take a minute & answer the poll question. How we hunt will be determined by the majority of us here.

Ray

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in
rrrr

usa.gif

Reputation: 39.9Reputation: 39.9Reputation: 39.9Reputation: 39.9

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:46 pm Post subject: Re: This weeks bow hunt? Reply with quote

I would like to Bow hunt. But if it is not the equiped bow in the objective then we could put it as a bonus and put shotgun as the non-objective
Mossyback_Moe

usa.gif

votes: 3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:27 pm Post subject: Re: This weeks bow hunt? Reply with quote

In your poll, it's either all or nothing. Couldn't we be given a choice between bows or the skill builder series. Also, why are certain weapons always excluded (crossbows)? Everything in the game is there for players to use or it wouldn't be there and everyone has access to them. I really don't understand why some people have decided that it's not sporting or fair to use this or that weapon or gear.
The true sportsman will use everything at his disposal to take deer humanely rather than just crippling them. I know this is just a game, but it is supposed to be a simulation of real hunting.

If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch...

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
RutMaster

usa.gif

votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:56 pm Post subject: Re: This weeks bow hunt? Reply with quote

I vote for more Bow Hunts. Speaking for me personally I enjoy the Bow hunts the way they are....anyone can harvest a Deer with a  "Crossbow", I prefer the challenge of the Compound or the Recurve, etc.  Crossbow just isn't hunting to me. I'm not saying that crossbows are to wimpy, I'm saying a Bow Hunt should'nt include a Crossbow. Trust me, I'm not an Ace with a Compound Either, you'll see when this weeks scores are posted. I've been Hunting Trophy Game in "Real Life" for 30 years, I have never used a crossbow, nor have I ever wanted to. And yes...I am a True Sportsman. That's just my opinion....keep up the good job Hagadoo!!!

Get registered or Log in

Visit Detailed Designs Today
Mossyback_Moe

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:39 pm Post subject: Re: This weeks bow hunt? Reply with quote

I think you totally missed the point. I like to hunt with a bow, but not everyone does. Perhaps you feel the site should just cater to your likes and dislikes. Maybe make it a bowhunting site exclusively. Not all members like the same things, but they should be given a choice.I have been around here for quite a while and I know what I'm talking about. If we just cater to a certain group, others will leave and we will be back down to 4 or 5 hunters each week. I don't think that is what the staff has in mind, at least I hope not....

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
RutMaster

usa.gif

votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:44 pm Post subject: Re: This weeks bow hunt? Reply with quote

As I stated in my post "I prefer not to hunt with a crossbow" that doesn't mean the site needs to cater to me. I will hunt anyway the hunt is set up. They asked for an opinion and I gave it. If it were up to me we would send the Deer to the Taxidermist and put the meat in the freezer,  Have a Nice Day.javascript:emoticon('Wink')
Mossyback_Moe

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:02 pm Post subject: Re: This weeks bow hunt? Reply with quote

I have one more comment and a suggestion. In reality, there is a lot of difference between a compound bow and a crossbow. In this game, there is little or no difference. It's just point and shoot. For more of a challenge, maybe we should have some hunts with the longbow or recurve and forget the crossbow and compound.

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Jesse James

usa.gif

votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:01 pm Post subject: Re: This weeks bow hunt? Reply with quote

Any weapon is fine with me, but I must say after that last hunt with Mossy, my nerves are shot.  We didn't have the wind to bring him in, so we had to go all the way south to the gap wall, then east.  We call him in but couldn't set up the stand because the game told us we were outside the hunting area.  There we were with our backs against the wall with nowhere to go and the buck is doing a bounce off the wall himself as he was coming closer to us.  Because of Mossy's skill with the bow he was able to bag the monster.  I couldn't do this every week or I would be in need of electric shock treatment.

If it was up to me, I would have a Bow Masters Classic Tournament, once every two months.  As the present Legend of DHAC and past Administrator, I would like to see the Legend, Seasonal Championships, Rare, Sharpshooter, and Meat hunter return with certificates and a trophy room.  If someone could come up with a patch to use a blow gun with a poison dart, that would be fun also.  Trouble is the meat would not be eatable.

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Visit Evo-Install Today
Magnum1973

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:03 pm Post subject: Re: This weeks bow hunt? Reply with quote

Yes there should have been another option for the career builder or maybe it should not have even been included in this post.  This post is entitled "this weeks bow hunt".  The reason Ray posted this was to see if people were interested in having more bow hunts.  We all ready have hunts that use the other weapons and this is something new that we have been trying to see if people enjoy  or not.  Ray never said nor is he suggesting that this site becomes a bow hunting site.  He wants the weekly hunts to be enjoyable for all and to keep or increase the weekly hunt numbers.  The only way to do this is to ask.  If anyone would like to see a certain weapon or a certain type of hunt then feel free to post in the forum labeled "Info,Questions and suggestions for Hunts".  Coming up with new and fresh weekly hunt ideas can become taxing at times and everyone's input is appreciated.

Link for suggestions forum.

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
DeerKillers

italy.gif

votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:52 am Post subject: Re: This weeks bow hunt? Reply with quote

I agree with JJ. Bow isn't boring, it's frustrating after two, three, four missed shots...
If we could use at least the crossbow... or a shotgun.
And I think anyone should choose his weapon, because the bow is a very hard challenge. I got a 243 this week, but I followed him for at least 30 minutes!  Razz
But I must say one thing: in these 2 weeks I have learned how to hunt with the bow. 2 weeks ago, the only thing I did with a bow was hunting in the target range! Now at least after 10 minutes I can bag a deer. I am getting better!  Smile

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Jesse James

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:02 am Post subject: Re: This weeks bow hunt? Reply with quote

I never said it was boring Deerkillers, just nerve racking at times, most of the times.  I never hunted with a bow all that much before either.  I am now hitting them all in the front shoulder instead of the butt though, after taking some  lessons from Mossy.  I like to run deer and jump off the horse and shoot them bouncing off the wall at 1 yard with a long bow, now that takes some practice I tell you.

Thanks for telling me your score, now I have to go back into the woods.

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
DeerKillers

italy.gif

votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:48 am Post subject: Re: This weeks bow hunt? Reply with quote

I said "Bow isn't boring", I didn't say that bow is boring. I said that I agree with you that the bow is nerve racking most of the times. This week I had luck with the bucks, and the only nice 168 doe I saw, ran away in the deep woods, and I lost her... LOL
My tracking skill is 0%  Laughing

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Visit Evo-Hacks Today
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

votes: 14

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:27 am Post subject: Re: This weeks bow hunt? Reply with quote

OMG!!!!!  Here is the weapon you can use for this weeks past hunt;

Any Bow!!! (No cross bows)
Use any other weapon system, deduct 20pts per entry

Notice it says "Any other weapon, deduct 20pts!" what was the problem? Just shot the monsters that you heard into the corner, take the 20 point deduction & stop crying! The horse riding element are the only hunters I do not hunt with, and you have nothing but negative comments. Just about everyone else I hunt with in team speak & on my server, no crying there. Since Mag & I got the site back up, our numbers increased! That says something about the way we are doing things! People like what they see.

Mossy, I'm sorry I did not give you greater options on the poll, please allow me to explain. I did not know how to place 2 polls in the forum post. I don't even know if it can be done. I like asking yes or no questions, you get a better view of things. If you give 4 choices you could have a 4 way tie, and accomplished nothing in you poll, this way the results start showing fast. It looks like the majority of the hunters liked the bow! After giving your option, I checked the log, you did not even vote! But you sure as heck basted it. I should go over to your site and post negative comments on every thread you start, but I'm better then that!

I'm sorry if this past weeks hunt cause you to spend more time killing the deer then you wanted to, this weeks hunt should be a breeze for you all. I personally spent hours talking & laughing in team speak with fellow hunters, never bagging that monter we chased well past 11 one night. It was more fun then hunting camp, & thats what the game is all about too me.

We will be sticking with the weekly hunts only (with a special event every now & then) for now. The site requires a lot of behind the scenes work to keep it running. When Mag & I are doing admin stuff, we are not hunting. We like to hunt too.

We will start off this year with a series of skill building hunts! Every week will be with a new weapon, eventually we will hunt with the bow again! So wash off your crying towels, let them dry out & be prepared for even more challenging hunts!

Good Luck, Happy Hunting, & have a Happy New Year!

Ray

Get registered or Log in
Jesse James

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:45 am Post subject: Re: This weeks bow hunt? Reply with quote

My mistake Deerkillers, my eyes went bad this week.

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Mossyback_Moe

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:50 am Post subject: Re: This weeks bow hunt? Reply with quote

REZ325 @ Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:27 pm wrote:
OMG!!!!!  Here is the weapon you can use for this weeks past hunt;

Any Bow!!! (No cross bows)
Use any other weapon system, deduct 20pts per entry

Notice it says "Any other weapon, deduct 20pts!" what was the problem? Just shot the monsters that you heard into the corner, take the 20 point deduction & stop crying! The horse riding element are the only hunters I do not hunt with, and you have nothing but negative comments. Just about everyone else I hunt with in team speak & on my server, no crying there. Since Mag & I got the site back up, our numbers increased! That says something about the way we are doing things! People like what they see.

Mossy, I'm sorry I did not give you greater options on the poll, please allow me to explain. I did not know how to place 2 polls in the forum post. I don't even know if it can be done. I like asking yes or no questions, you get a better view of things. If you give 4 choices you could have a 4 way tie, and accomplished nothing in you poll, this way the results start showing fast. It looks like the majority of the hunters liked the bow! After giving your option, I checked the log, you did not even vote! But you sure as heck basted it. I should go over to your site and post negative comments on every thread you start, but I'm better then that!

I'm sorry if this past weeks hunt cause you to spend more time killing the deer then you wanted to, this weeks hunt should be a breeze for you all. I personally spent hours talking & laughing in team speak with fellow hunters, never bagging that monter we chased well past 11 one night. It was more fun then hunting camp, & thats what the game is all about too me.

We will be sticking with the weekly hunts only (with a special event every now & then) for now. The site requires a lot of behind the scenes work to keep it running. When Mag & I are doing admin stuff, we are not hunting. We like to hunt too.

We will start off this year with a series of skill building hunts! Every week will be with a new weapon, eventually we will hunt with the bow again! So wash off your crying towels, let them dry out & be prepared for even more challenging hunts!

Good Luck, Happy Hunting, & have a Happy New Year!

Ray

Apparently this talk and pretense of everyone being entitled to an opinion applies only if they agree with you. You should take the time
to read and understand posts before replying. I understood the game objective perfectly without clarification. I did (shot) the monster we (hearded) into the corner; with a bow and ,guess what, nobody cried. No horses were involved, we used our skills to stalk him
I didn't vote because of the way it was worded.
As for coming over to my site, you do , but only to snoop and invite people to hagadoo. This is not an honorable way to act.
This weeks hunt didn't cause me any trouble at all. As a matter of fact, I hunted in Championship hunts on two other sites. Hunts you had to qualify for. If you're just in this game to back slap and chat with the boys, that's fine. I do my chatting when I'm not hunting...

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view hagadoo.com Forum Index ->  Deer Hunter 2005 All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: