Search for at
hagadoo.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Topgun Week #4/BiWeekly # 24 12-10 12pm est.-12--24 1pm est. DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:35 am
ron4560 View latest post
Topgun Week #4/BiWeekly # 24 12-3 -12-17 CANCELLED DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 8 Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:58 pm
Jimbo1952 View latest post
Balloons in Silly Snake DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:16 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post
Toggun#3/Biweekly #23 11-19-12-3 Results DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:04 am
ron4560 View latest post
1st Deer with a Bow Deer Hunter 2005 jummpy123 3 Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:42 pm
ron4560 View latest post
alot of dh2005 questions Deer Hunter 2005 cowboy 8 Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:07 pm
ron4560 View latest post
recording and screenshots Info, questions and suggestions for hunts. cowboy 4 Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:55 pm
cowboy View latest post
Topgun Week # 2/BiWeekly # 22 11-5 -11-19 3 pm est -2 pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 2 Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:52 pm
ron4560 View latest post

Sun appears as a white square after doing the lighting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    hagadoo.com Forum Index -> DH2005 Map Making Tutorial
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
TwiztidGuy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:51 pm Post subject: Sun appears as a white square after doing the lighting. Reply with quote

Everytime i make a map it looks great! But then as soon as i want to play it, i notice the sun doesnt look like a sun at all.  It is just an annoying white square, what could be wrong?
dhunter000

usa.gif

votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:15 pm Post subject: Re: Sun appears as a white square after doing the lighting. Reply with quote

You probably need to run the lights. Dan is the man who can help you.
Dave
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KyBuckmaster

usa.gif

votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:28 pm Post subject: Re: Sun appears as a white square after doing the lighting. Reply with quote

Sounds like you need to add RFX Sun pack in map again. Or it did'nt save it. Delete the old sun and add it again and see if that works.

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:35 pm Post subject: Re: Sun appears as a white square after doing the lighting. Reply with quote

During the course of making your map you must create an object called Renderfix and choose one from the rfix file browser.
This is a linked object that you place on the ground somewhere close to the centre of the map.
It will change the sun from square in the Editor to round. and it will appear the same when you open the game.

Open the editor
Cick the object tool
Click add new
Name.. Rfix
Mode ..Linked
Click..Edit filenames
Click ..load file
Click the dropdown in  filetype
choose.. rfx
pick the rfix file you wish to use
Click OK
Click close

Go to the object instances
Highlight rfix
Click the add button
Right click on the ground near the centre of your map
(only ever add one rfix instance to a map.)

A blue box will appear on the ground and the sun will switch to a round shape.
Save and close the Editor
When you go to the game the sun will appear round.

Cheers

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Get registered or Log in

Last edited by DanthemanBoone on Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Visit Revolution-Mods.com Today
TKSniper
Staff
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:36 pm Post subject: Re: Sun appears as a white square after doing the lighting. Reply with quote

KyBuckmaster is correct. The RFX file is not saved to the map. That is the effects file that makes the sun round. It also creates the reflection on water.

Get registered or Log in

BIG GAME LODGE
TwiztidGuy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:26 pm Post subject: Re: Sun appears as a white square after doing the lighting. Reply with quote

thanks guys... dunno how the weather is their but in my map its awfully sunny!  Cool Just found out about this website, happy to know people are still active with this game!  I did the rfix BTW, easy and worked right away.  Very Happy  thanks again!!! Best wishes, Matt
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:36 pm Post subject: Re: Sun appears as a white square after doing the lighting. Reply with quote

your welcome Very Happy

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TwiztidGuy

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:02 pm Post subject: Re: Sun appears as a white square after doing the lighting. Reply with quote

Alrighty, so being new here id prefer not to spam the site with questions so ill post hopefully my last 2 here.  :lol:

(1) I downloaded some pray i thought id like to try from the download section. Fox/Blackbear....   So they came with a j3d file which i assumed i put them in my editor plugins folder and the rest in the tex folder.  I found them under objects, but not in the prey list.  I dunno if i'm adding them wrong, or they arent actually meant to be prey, but just objects. Laughing

(2)  Also was looking at that railroad section, im an idiot and i built my railroads... yet i dont have any trains/cars to put in it.  Are they in the download section, did i overlook it?  Or can i find them with what i already have.   Smile Thanks for help!
Visit RealmDesignz Today
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

votes: 14

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:06 pm Post subject: Re: Sun appears as a white square after doing the lighting. Reply with quote

TwiztidGuy, Hello & welcome. You are not spamming our forums, so please ask away. Those prey animals are just static objects that you put in your map. They will not show up in the prey animal list of the editor. Hope that answers that question Smile

Get registered or Log in
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:27 pm Post subject: Re: Sun appears as a white square after doing the lighting. Reply with quote

There were no train models in 2005.
There were tracks but the trains we use have been transferred from 2004 as custom objects.
There are few sites operating now that still have comprehensive libraries of custom models and we do not load custom objects to our site without the model makers permission.
There is a BGL train and a TWF train that belonged to those sites and the only difference was the art work on the wagons and engines.
There is also a model of a steam engine.
You will need to cruise the hunting sites to find these models in their download sections and when you do download them, start your own library.
Here at hagadoo we swap models between the sites  map makers ..using the team speak file browser.

Get registered or Log in
TKSniper
Staff
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:50 pm Post subject: Re: Sun appears as a white square after doing the lighting. Reply with quote

I have the train in it's original skin. I changed it every time I used it. PM me with your email addy, and I will send it. I believe the indtructions for making it work are in the map making tutorial here.

I have not been able to post downloads to BGL for quite some time. I'll prolly salvage all of the sticky topics there and rebuild the site from scratch. That is if OSC approves. The webmaster is not able to repair it due to not understanding the code that was used to restore the forums. So, I really don't see any options other than starting over or shutting it down.  Sad

Get registered or Log in

BIG GAME LODGE
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view hagadoo.com Forum Index ->  DH2005 Map Making Tutorial All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: