Search for at
hagadoo.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Topgun #3 /BiWeekly 11-19 - 2:00 pm est. - 12-3 2:00 pm est. DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:49 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Topgun Week # 2/BiWeekly # 22 11-5 -11-19 3 pm est -2 pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 2 Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:52 pm
ron4560 View latest post
recording and screenshots Info, questions and suggestions for hunts. cowboy 3 Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:08 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post
Biweekly #19 09-24 - 10-08 Results DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:23 pm
Vic View latest post
PM's General Talk REZ325 1 Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:17 pm
alot of dh2005 questions Deer Hunter 2005 cowboy 6 Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:33 pm
REZ325 View latest post
Results Topgun Week 1/Biweekly #21 10-22 -11-5 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:35 pm
ron4560 View latest post
1st Deer with a Bow Deer Hunter 2005 jummpy123 2 Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:16 pm

Problem with PC to TV HDMI

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    hagadoo.com Forum Index -> Questions about computer problems
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
TKSniper
Staff
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:43 am Post subject: Problem with PC to TV HDMI Reply with quote

I got a new  LCD TV 2 months ago.  2 wks ago I got a 30' DVI to HDMI cable. The problem is, anything that is moving on the screen will make it appear to split horizontally across the screen. Scene changes will cause this to happen as well.
I have no idea what is causing the problem. The only things I can think of is either the cable is too long making it lose some of the signal, or it is just a faulty cable. Has anybody else had a problem like this? is it fixable?  If so, how is it fixed?

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

BIG GAME LODGE
Magnum1973

usa.gif

votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:25 pm Post subject: Re: Problem with PC to TV HDMI Reply with quote

I was just checking around and a lot of the problems seem to be with the video drivers.  Some had to update them and some had to roll them back.  Just an idea.

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

votes: 14

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:31 pm Post subject: Re: Problem with PC to TV HDMI Reply with quote

Does your video card have a HDMI output jack? If so, why not get a HDMI to HDMI cable? Your card might not be set up for that or it does not like the DVI to HDMI cable, just a thought.

Get registered or Log in
trulight

blank.gif

votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:24 pm Post subject: Re: Problem with PC to TV HDMI Reply with quote

DVI is an 8 bit RGB signal, while HDMI can be 8 bit RGB, or 8 bit, 10 bit, or 12 bit CMYK.

Basically what that's saying is you have signal degradation.  You need to make sure when your
converting any type of signal, your buying quality converters/cables.

The other thing you could check is to make sure your TV is not set to any thing other then RGB Color.
If it's set for CMYK (Cyan Magenta Yellow Black) that could cause some signal probs.

ALSO double check to ensure you bought a shielded cable.

Hope that helps.

Need Photography Work Done, and I'm in your area?
Sam Ives Photography

Get registered or Log in
Visit DFG-GAMING.COM Today
TKSniper
Staff
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:41 pm Post subject: Re: Problem with PC to TV HDMI Reply with quote

The GPU has 2 DVI ports on it. That is the reason for the DVI to HDMI. I have no idea if it supports sound from the mobo or not. The cable does though. I know the Nvidia 260 does as well. Mine is the 250GTS (A confirmation of this would helpfull)
I could have gone with DVI to VGA cable, but I thought the HDMI port would be better. (Maybe I was wrong)

Also, I don't see any settings that will change the color bit setting on the TV.  Confused
I don't understand why the TV wouldn't have 32bit color support. My LCD PC monitor does. It is running with 32bit on the monitor and 16 bit on the TV. Trying to do 32bit on both will not work.

Get registered or Log in

BIG GAME LODGE

Last edited by TKSniper on Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
trulight

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:10 pm Post subject: Re: Problem with PC to TV HDMI Reply with quote

Well the next i'm not sure of TK let me state that up front that it's what I understand.

I'm pretty sure that the only time you would get 32bit color support on a tv would be with like a 1920p HD.
As of right now most vid cards don't even support that.

The biggest thing is It's possible you might of got a bunk cable, or your getting EMF from somewhere that
could be causing it as well.

Sam Ives Photography

Get registered or Log in
TKSniper
Staff
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:06 pm Post subject: Re: Problem with PC to TV HDMI Reply with quote

The EMF interence might be the problem. There is an air conditioner in the window in the wall the cable is running along. Maybe putting the main display on 16 bit rather than 32 will help. I'll check that next. The bunk cable is also a possibility. It is cheap cable, but it does have gold plated connectors.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812186027

_EDIT_

The picture still has the line going thru it with the AC off and the color at 16 bit on the PC. The color degraded badly at 16 bit.
Has a nice perty rainbow color effect though.  Rolling Eyes

Get registered or Log in

BIG GAME LODGE

Last edited by TKSniper on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
trulight

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:14 pm Post subject: Re: Problem with PC to TV HDMI Reply with quote

Yeah you just need to get a shielded cable, they will specifically say it in the specifications.

Also the more distance you have in the cable (30 ft) don't know if you need that much or not
will cause signal degradation.

I'd say with an AC unit being outside might want to get a double shielded cable even.

-Sam

Sam Ives Photography

Get registered or Log in
Visit DFG-GAMING.COM Today
TKSniper
Staff
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:32 pm Post subject: Re: Problem with PC to TV HDMI Reply with quote

I'm ordering a 16ft triple shielded cable. My decision to buy my TV was based on price. It's a 720p, while my monitor is a 1080. The 1080P TV was only $20 more. Oh well, it looks great if I'm just watching TV.

Get registered or Log in

BIG GAME LODGE
jarh3ad

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:46 pm Post subject: Re: Problem with PC to TV HDMI Reply with quote

hmmm sound like maybe a cord issue

Get registered or Log in
TKSniper
Staff
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:18 am Post subject: Re: Problem with PC to TV HDMI Reply with quote

Update:

Alright, I moved 6 weeks ago to an apartment with central air and heat. The unit is nowhere near the PC and TV.
When I hooked up all of the equipment, I used the 16ft triple shielded cable. The picture split is no longer a problem.
If I try to use the 30ft non shielded cable, I can't get the TV to receive the signal from the PC unless I drastically lower the PC resolution. I tried all of the higher settings. The TV just would not accept it.

The 16 ft cable connects perfectly with no fiddling with the video settings.
Now the strange part.
Streaming video is crystal clear on the TV, but the PC monitor shows the pic somewhat pixelized.

The monitor is 24" while the TV is 26" So, the pic on the TV is stretched a small amount.

Oh well, it all works fine now. I can watch DVDs or streaming video on the TV. I just wish the short cable was a bit longer. I had to run it under furniture to keep it off the walking path in the room.   Rolling Eyes

Get registered or Log in

BIG GAME LODGE
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view hagadoo.com Forum Index ->  Questions about computer problems All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: