Search for at
hagadoo.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Topgun #3 /BiWeekly 11-19 - 2:00 pm est. - 12-3 2:00 pm est. DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:49 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Topgun Week # 2/BiWeekly # 22 11-5 -11-19 3 pm est -2 pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 2 Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:52 pm
ron4560 View latest post
recording and screenshots Info, questions and suggestions for hunts. cowboy 3 Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:08 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post
Biweekly #19 09-24 - 10-08 Results DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:23 pm
Vic View latest post
PM's General Talk REZ325 1 Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:17 pm
alot of dh2005 questions Deer Hunter 2005 cowboy 6 Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:33 pm
REZ325 View latest post
Results Topgun Week 1/Biweekly #21 10-22 -11-5 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:35 pm
ron4560 View latest post
1st Deer with a Bow Deer Hunter 2005 jummpy123 2 Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:16 pm

Avalanch Studios -- Better Ethics then Emote? YES!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    hagadoo.com Forum Index -> The Hunter
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
trulight

blank.gif

votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:57 am Post subject: Avalanch Studios -- Better Ethics then Emote? YES! Reply with quote

If you read the newest post on latest news and announcements on the hunter forums, one of the developer's goes into great detail on marketing/business ethics, and what direction they'd like things to go.  Given the way this was worded, I'm thinking that's why avalanch studios did what they did by buying it.  Bad business practices by emote.

-Sam
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

votes: 14

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:26 pm Post subject: Re: Avalanch Studios -- Better Ethics then Emote? YES! Reply with quote

This is a quote from Stefan Petterson, developer, The Hunter;

"Instead, what we want to do, is to design a system where multiple visual variations of the same weapon do exist, allowing the dedicated player to make his kit really personal but to a fraction of the price of the original weapon. This is more flexible, more honest and does also, I believe, makes more business sense in the long run."

Whats that sound like? Fully customizable weapon? Deer Hunter 2005! People over at TH always talk about how great the hunter is, well the graphics are good, but if they would not have great graphics, it would just be the same old hunting game, with out any great customization. DH2005, is not as graphic as TH, but to date, it is the most customizable hunting sim out there, all for 20 dollars! DH2005 will always be the power house & work horse for the community for years to come.
Yes, I do think TH is heading in the right direction, and now has the right team on board, but it will always be a game that will be in your pocket (which I don't have a problem with). To bad it will never be multiplayer Sad

Long live Hagadoo!

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in
JCT

Location: Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia right in the center of Southamerica
bolivia.gif

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:07 pm Post subject: Re: Avalanch Studios -- Better Ethics then Emote? YES! Reply with quote

AMEN

Get registered or Log in
Magnum1973

usa.gif

votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:33 pm Post subject: Re: Avalanch Studios -- Better Ethics then Emote? YES! Reply with quote

Ok I will play devil's advocate on this one.  Remember when The Hunter first came out and every one raved about how these guys are different and they listen?  I do.  They were given a little time and promises became broken promises.  Right now things are ok for them and I hope for all who play the game, things keep going ok but if they don't these guys will start to look just like emote.  It is the nature of business.

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Visit DarkForge Graphics.com Today
Vidar

norway.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:19 am Post subject: Re: Avalanch Studios -- Better Ethics then Emote? YES! Reply with quote

REZ325 @ Fri May 14, 2010 7:26 pm wrote:
DH2005, is not as graphic as TH, but to date, it is the most customizable hunting sim out there, all for 20 dollars!

Why do you insist on paying overprice for this game Ray?   Laughing  

I believe you will find it at 10 dollars or even less so it's truly the most bang for the bucks out there...

Get registered or Log in
Lucky
Map Maker

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:12 pm Post subject: Re: Avalanch Studios -- Better Ethics then Emote? YES! Reply with quote

Vidar @ Sat May 15, 2010 4:19 pm wrote:
DH2005, is not as graphic as TH, but to date, it is the most customizable hunting sim out there, all for 20 dollars!

I believe you will find it at 10 dollars or even less so it's truly the most bang for the bucks out there...

Right on Vidar I paid 9.95 for my DH2005 back in 2005 at Walmart so how does that compare ?? if Ray paid 20 dollars for
DH2005 they gouged him Laughing  lets see Idea  9.95 divided by 5 years = 1.99 per year and it is still the best Surprised

Get registered or Log in
Get registered or Log in
trulight

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:44 pm Post subject: Re: Avalanch Studios -- Better Ethics then Emote? YES! Reply with quote

This was never meant to be a DH2005 Vs The Hunter topic, it was meant to describe the direction The Hunter may be going.

Let's face it the future of games of all types is micro-transaction, or pay for premium content type stuff.  Almost everything being
made now is that way.  The days of paying one price for a game is over.  So the paying $5 bucks for a game is a moot point, and
as long as people keep dishing out the cash for these types of games, and a lot do, it will never change.

The other thing, is hopefully they take The Hunter in the direction and make it harder.  Because currently playing DH2005
even without reloading, or any other load methods is WAY too easy.  Playing it standard is even easy, always has been.
Vic
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 5:13 pm Post subject: Re: Avalanch Studios -- Better Ethics then Emote? YES! Reply with quote

Lucky @ Sat May 15, 2010 1:12 pm wrote:
Vidar @ Sat May 15, 2010 4:19 pm wrote:

Right on Vidar I paid 9.95 for my DH2005 back in 2005 at Walmart so how does that compare ?? if Ray paid 20 dollars for
DH2005 they gouged him Laughing  lets see Idea  9.95 divided by 5 years = 1.99 per year and it is still the best Surprised

I got mine free! Twisted Evil

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger MySpace Profile: http://www.myspace.com/Grrrrlacher
Visit Evo-Hacks Today
Vic
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 5:14 pm Post subject: Re: Avalanch Studios -- Better Ethics then Emote? YES! Reply with quote

trulight @ Sat May 15, 2010 2:44 pm wrote:
This was never meant to be a DH2005 Vs The Hunter topic, it was meant to describe the direction The Hunter may be going.

Let's face it the future of games of all types is micro-transaction, or pay for premium content type stuff.  Almost everything being
made now is that way.  The days of paying one price for a game is over.  So the paying $5 bucks for a game is a moot point, and
as long as people keep dishing out the cash for these types of games, and a lot do, it will never change.

The other thing, is hopefully they take The Hunter in the direction and make it harder.  Because currently playing DH2005
even without reloading, or any other load methods is WAY too easy.  Playing it standard is even easy, always has been.

LOL! We all are not as great as you then Mad

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger MySpace Profile: http://www.myspace.com/Grrrrlacher
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 5:30 pm Post subject: Re: Avalanch Studios -- Better Ethics then Emote? YES! Reply with quote

trulight @ Sat May 15, 2010 2:44 pm wrote:
 Because currently playing DH2005

IDK???? Try shooting a WR Roe at close range, lets say, 20 to 30 yds with a bow. Let's see how easy that is. Same for the Blacktails.  Surprised

If you read the hunter forums regularly, (which I'm sure you do) there are people that want this and that in the game. Well everything they are asking for is in DH2005, just without the graphics. Unless you have a new PC or a very good old one, most have to run the hunter on the lower side of the graphic spectrum. Set the game on Low, then look at the trees. There are all water color looking painting. DH2005's graphics are better then TH on low, IMO.

Yes mirco transaction will always be the way of the future for games now, but DH2005 will always provide the most bang for the buck.

Get registered or Log in
ron4560
Site Owner
Legend
Past Legend

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:32 pm Post subject: Re: Avalanch Studios -- Better Ethics then Emote? YES! Reply with quote

trulight @ Sat May 15, 2010 2:44 PM wrote:

Thats why the weekly seperates so easy to Competition !!!!!!!!! Yes anyone can go in and be an Expert on a map they hunt week after week
but that all changes here each week with a different map! You have to hunt alot or be dang Lucky to stay in the top 5 week after week!
But it beats the Hell out of running 6 miles  to kill a deer knowone ever sees or hunting single player knowone ever sees!
I could say alot more but it comes down to if you don't like it here Move on to the game you Like  Razz
And none of us will ever see it. Cool

Get registered or Log in
Mickey

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 9:42 pm Post subject: Re: Avalanch Studios -- Better Ethics then Emote? YES! Reply with quote

Well I can tell you alot emote was full of crap on almost everything they did. They were not hunters they were greedy looking for the big bucks $$ that was easy to see.  Right now Avalanch has a pretty good team going at things 1. there support team is 100% better by far.  2. they have real hunters that makes a big difference. 3. They do seem to have a game plan and so far id say they are on the right path. 4. They have also taken a stand on cheaters where emote was letting that slip. Ive played alot of games on many differents sites and right now these guys are starting off doing the right things at the right time.  only time will tell to see if it goes as big as they would like, But also its always updating and changing one thing dh2005 doesnt do.

Get registered or Log in
Visit DarkForge Graphics.com Today
Magnum1973

usa.gif

votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:07 am Post subject: Re: Avalanch Studios -- Better Ethics then Emote? YES! Reply with quote

Mickey, I think the big reason people were getting away with cheating is because there was no one at emote monitoring the game.  The only person you ever saw from emote from lemetatron or whatever and that was once in a blue moon and that was to feed us a line of BS.

One other thing I would like to point out.  Ray, didn't myself and a few others point out that this is what was going to happen with emote?   Very Happy

I think the biggest problems nowadays is people get caught up in the hype.  They see pretty graphics and such and settle for that and don't care about the imperfections.  If Avalanche truly meant what they are saying, don't you think that they would spend there time ironing out the bugs in the game that have been there since the beginning, before they add more animals or open new areas.  To me this is kind of like buying an old car, doing body work, painting it and so on and leaving the old worn out engine in it. Laughing

As for micro transactions, I don't mind them if the game is good but it doesn't have to be like this.  Instead of us accepting this as a way of being, we all just need to put our feet down and say no more.

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:21 am Post subject: Re: Avalanch Studios -- Better Ethics then Emote? YES! Reply with quote

Mickey @ Sat May 15, 2010 10:42 pm wrote:
But also its always updating and changing one thing dh2005 doesnt do.

Currently, for every update TH does, DH2005 already done it! Yes, I do concede, DH2005 will probably never be updated again Sad  I would not use the word ALWAYS when referring to their game, this is the first update in almost a year.

TH will now be introducing the same bow, but they are making it more powerful because of the complaints. So that will be and their update, DH2005  ALREADY (thus its updated to date!)makes the bow more or less powerful by adjusting the calibration setting of it!

TH will be adding a new skin to the 300. DAH??? We can make custom skins for DH2005 weapons already! ALREADY UPDATED. Give me a break.

At the end of the month, they are introducing "The New Island" WOW!!!! We here at Hagadoo, we introduce a new map to hunt every week, and with the current selection of map makers we have as members here, you could probably find a new map to hunt every day. We have waited for more hunting ground for over a year now from TH.

LIKE I SAID IN THE PREVIOUS POST, THE MOST BANG FOR THE BUCK!

Get registered or Log in
Lucky
Map Maker

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:38 am Post subject: Re: Avalanch Studios -- Better Ethics then Emote? YES! Reply with quote

trulight @ Fri May 14, 2010 11:57 pm wrote:
If you read the newest post on latest news and announcements on the hunter forums, one of the developer's goes into great detail on marketing/business ethics, and what direction they'd like things to go.  Given the way this was worded, I'm thinking that's why avalanch studios did what they did by buying it.  Bad business practices by emote.

-Sam

Sam you started the thread by bad mouthing emote and giving a nod to avalanche as a better choice .  we were only pointing out that both emote and avalanch are interested in money (as most company's) are it is a reflection of our society as a whole not a thread on who is better .  I still stand by Ray's statement of
DH2005 is the most bang for the buck if indeed you want to talk money.   Do you think South Logic and Atari made bad business practices also ?

Get registered or Log in
Get registered or Log in
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view hagadoo.com Forum Index ->  The Hunter All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: