Q about bullet cam & one-shot kills
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
hagadoo.com -> Deer Hunter 2005

#1: Q about bullet cam & one-shot kills Author: Mudtrout PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:27 pm
    —
Hello :)

I've been having a bit of trouble with one-shot kills and the bullet cam. I've gotten the bullet cam once and that was with a head shot. Even with a head shot the deer will run some distance before dropping. So I started shooting for the 'kill zone' but I don't seem to ever hit it. I end up chasing the deer and taking another shot. Is there a diagram somewhere of the kill zones? I thought it was just behind the front leg.

This is on DH2005 btw.

Thanks in advance.

#2: Re: Q about bullet cam & one-shot kills Author: Geter PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:32 pm
    —
Mudtrout, when you shoot at a deer when you wan't the to drop you can shoot them in the spine, lungs, head, and heart. But if you want the bullet cam to show up try to get a close shot on their lungs or head !! Good Luck !!

#3: Re: Q about bullet cam & one-shot kills Author: Mudtrout PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:38 pm
    —
So it requires close shots? I wasn't aware. Thanks Smile
I've been getting good heat shots but I'm not sure why the deer still run a short distance before dropping.

#4: Re: Q about bullet cam & one-shot kills Author: Geter PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:40 pm
    —
They do that too me too, i don't care if they run off and in big thick wood maps, i love trackin them deer, but on island maps you gotta get a really good shot so they won't go in the water, escpcially on small island maps !

#5: Re: Q about bullet cam & one-shot kills Author: Mudtrout PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:42 pm
    —
Ok then. I thought perhaps I was experiencing a glitch.
Yeah I had a deer hit the water and I had to run along the bank and wait to take a second shot when he pulled himself out. :D

Thanks!

#6: Re: Q about bullet cam & one-shot kills Author: Geter PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:45 pm
    —
Anytime Mtrout !! Good Luck !

#7: Re: Q about bullet cam & one-shot kills Author: ron4560Location: Baton Rouge,La PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:53 pm
    —
The shot doesn't have to be close it has to be Precise.Iv'e bullet camed well over 300 yds.

#8: Re: Q about bullet cam & one-shot kills Author: Geter PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:57 pm
    —
Ron is right, i just mostly got my bullet cams from about 80 through 100 yards out.

#9: Re: Q about bullet cam & one-shot kills Author: DeerKillersLocation: Italy PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:00 pm
    —
I agree with ron and geter, you can kill a deer with the bullet cam at 399 yards if you are precise.

#10: Re: Q about bullet cam & one-shot kills Author: Geter PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:12 pm
    —
A sharpshooter would tell everything about the percise shot angle and shot spot on the deer  Wink. Good luck !

#11: Re: Q about bullet cam & one-shot kills Author: TKSniper PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:59 pm
    —
ron4560 @ Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:48 pm wrote:
The shot doesn't have to be close it has to be Precise.Iv'e bullet camed well over 300 yds.

He is right about this.  I have got the bullet cam at up to 400m. The shot has to kill the deer at the moment of impact for the bullet cam to activate. In other words, It has to be dead before it hits the ground.  Twisted Evil

#12: Re: Q about bullet cam & one-shot kills Author: JCTLocation: Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia right in the center of Southamerica PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:50 pm
    —
Try using the 7 mm  bullet it is the best to see the bullet cam i have one at 380 to 420 yards with that ammunition

#13: Re: Q about bullet cam & one-shot kills Author: REZ325Location: Harrisburg, PA PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:22 pm
    —
Go into your game setting and insure your bullet cam box is checked. If it is you should get the bullet cam every time you do a one shot kill. If the box is unchecked, & you do a one shot kill, you will not get a bullet cam. Good Luck & happy Hunting

#14: Re: Q about bullet cam & one-shot kills Author: Mudtrout PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:59 pm
    —
I have made sure the box under settings for bullet cam is checked.
I believe the bullets I am using right now are the .30-30 Winchester.
I'll give the 7mm a shot.

Just the same, I created a new profile and turned on the 'daredevil' cheat. I walked right up to the deer and shot them in the head and lungs. No cam and all of them ran before dropping dead (it defies logic!). I also tried from different distances, short, medium, and long, and had similar results. Are these bullets just poor performers or something? Razz Or how precise does the shot have to be? I can't imagine I missed the kill-zones all these times, especially under the cheat and with 0ft from me to the target.

#15: Re: Q about bullet cam & one-shot kills Author: Mudtrout PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:05 pm
    —
Bah. Jokes on me.

I had to go double check when I said .30-30 Winchester, because that didn't sound right.
Sure enough, I had meant to take .30-06 Springfield, right below the Winchester.
Did another run with the cheat and what do you know.
Deer dropping like flies and a camera to show me.

*sheepish smile*

Thanks for the responses. :D

Edit: I'm thankful for the record bucks I was able to get using that ammunition! Here's hoping hunting is smoother now.

Edit 2: First hunt with better ammo and I get my first record book Roe. Yeehaw. Smile
Head shot. Dead before he hit the ground and got the cam. Woot!

Last edited by Mudtrout on Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

hagadoo.com -> Deer Hunter 2005

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 3