Happy New Year
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

hagadoo.com -> General Talk

#1: Happy New Year Author: Jimbo1952Location: Oregon PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:22 pm
    —
Happy New Year all my friends at Hagadoo, Hope to see many more of you here in 2016. Stay safe.

#2: Re: Happy New Year Author: DanthemanBooneLocation: Rotorua New Zealand PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:35 pm
    —
Happy new year to all.

Had a bad Xmas. Santa dropped a virus in my computer on Xmas eve.

(Some one must have told him Id been naughty and not nice)

This was an unbelievably savage virus.
It killed my Antivirus, the Microsoft malware removal tool and every other Antivirus program I tried to download and run.
It hijacked my browser to the point where it was almost unusable.
It compromised the system restore files so system restore could not complete its run on any restore point.
Finally I had to go back to factory settings run from safe mode to clear the operating system.

I have got my system stable .. and running again, with most of my software installed again from back ups on removable disc.
Everything appears clear after a nine hour remote session with a Microsoft help desk technician.
These guys are super helpful if you can find your way through the 'contact Microsoft' maze and actually contact them.

So watch out for this one.
It came down in a software bundle with a Vista ISO I needed to repair a friends laptop..
Definition ... Backdoor:Win32/kelihos f.

Cheers everyone
Have a happy new year.

#3: Re: Happy New Year Author: REZ325Location: Harrisburg, PA PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:40 pm
    —
Same to everyone!

Sorry to hear about that virus Dan, Glad you got it all resolved and thanks for the heads up Smile

#4: Re: Happy New Year Author: ron4560Location: Baton Rouge,La PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:08 pm
    —
REZ325 @ Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:40 pm wrote:
Same to everyone!

Sorry to hear about that virus Dan, Glad you got it all resolved and thanks for the heads up Smile

I'm late ,been out of the Country with out access but boy is it peaceful when your unconnected  Cool

#5: Re: Happy New Year Author: REZ325Location: Harrisburg, PA PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:59 pm
    —
Welcome back!!!

#6: Re: Happy New Year Author: TrueSniper PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:50 am
    —
Happy New Year to everyone here at Hagadoo.

#7: Re: Happy New Year Author: Leonard PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:07 am
    —
Have a great 2016, everyone, and Happy Hunting...

hagadoo.com -> General Talk

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1