Deer hunter 2005 and Win10
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

hagadoo.com -> Deer Hunter 2005

#1: Deer hunter 2005 and Win10 Author: DanthemanBooneLocation: Rotorua New Zealand PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:21 pm
    —
In case any of you are concerned at the possibility of losing DH2005 after upgrading to Win10 let me put your mind at ease.
I have Win10 home on this computer and Win10 pro on another.
I have experienced no problems playing the game on either system.
The level editor continues to be it usual cantankerous self, with the added bonus of now being a single shot when loading files in the object file browser.
Wheras before It was normal to load multiple files into an object type at once, I now have to close the file browser and open it again before it will allow me to load the next file.

Otherwise all is well. I have made three more maps this week using Win10 and there appears to be no other problems.
The Win 10 upgrade saves all the settings on all your software and loads it through to the new system. All my software has survived the move with only some slight alteration to the interface screens.

Is Win10 better. Well depends how much you want to interface with your phone and I-pad. Dont expect too much difference . The best feature is that the start button is back again.

Oh well

#2: Re: Deer hunter 2005 and Win10 Author: ron4560Location: Baton Rouge,La PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:14 pm
    —
Thanks Dan, I've been hesitant to up grade because I saw some older games will not work. But if all is good on your end guess I'm safe Cool

#3: Re: Deer hunter 2005 and Win10 Author: DanthemanBooneLocation: Rotorua New Zealand PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:37 am
    —
I upgraded both my computers from Win 7.
I havnt tried DH 2004 or TH 2003 as I dont have them installed at the moment.
But I will Try them in the next week or so.

#4: Re: Deer hunter 2005 and Win10 Author: jummpy123 PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:26 pm
    —
DH 2004 + map editor is working on my win 10 64bit, if anyone was wondering. DH 2003, BH 2003 and TH 2003 as well. (the 2003 games need to be run in compatibility mode for windows XP SP 3, but they work just fine).

hagadoo.com -> Deer Hunter 2005

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1