Dead trees maps?
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

hagadoo.com -> Deer Hunter 2005

#1: Dead trees maps? Author: AroundSun PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:12 pm
    —
Hey again everyone,

Not trying to be a nuisance, and thank you all for your replies regarding the autumn maps you directed me to.  I was curious if you could find me another type of map.  Dead tree maps in the fall, or winter.  No grass or snow on ground, mostly just dead leaves.  In Connecticut and New York the forests have barely any leaves on them towards the end of the Fall.  The ground is littered in brown dead leaves, and the trees are tall, brownish grayish, and completely leafless.  I would love to find some thick, or at least moderately dense, forest maps which replicated this look.  If not, how easy would it be to go about producing these types of maps?  Thank you in advance.

Some examples:
Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

http://pixabay.com/static/uploads/photo/2012/02/28/00/57/fog-17961_640.jpg

#2: Re: Dead trees maps? Author: Jimbo1952Location: Oregon PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:15 am
    —
try my map Deadwood. it is a Hybrid Mule deer map.

#3: Re: Dead trees maps? Author: AroundSun PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:48 pm
    —
I have Deadwood.  It is good.  But I was looking for a more denser forest, with slightly more tree variation, and a more brownish dead leaf colored terrain. More like Virginia Woods Post Rut without the snow on the ground.  Virginia Woods Post Rut by DanthemanBoone is perfect density and tree variation, but I want a brown ground LoL.  Thank you though

#4: Re: Dead trees maps? Author: REZ325Location: Harrisburg, PA PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:56 pm
    —
AroundSun @ Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:48 pm wrote:
 It is good.  But I was looking for a more denser forest, with slightly more tree variation, and a more brownish dead leaf colored terrain.

There is a "Slaughter Map" some say call goat island. It has the densest vegetation I seen. The map maker sunk the tree tops down to ground level. Its almost impossible to see the deer approaching. Let me see if I can find it.

#5: Re: Dead trees maps? Author: REZ325Location: Harrisburg, PA PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:06 pm
    —
Try this link:

http://zeranceconstruction.com/Hagadoo/Goat%20Island.zip

D/L it to your desk top and extract. Put it into your custom level folder. It is a standard map. Enjoy!

#6: Re: Dead trees maps? Author: Jimbo1952Location: Oregon PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:21 pm
    —
I've been working on this map. let me know if this might work for you.
Get registered or Log in

I've put about as many trees and Vegetation as I can without affecting the frame rate too much.
The map will probably have to be run on high instead of ultra depending on the computer.

#7: Re: Dead trees maps? Author: AroundSun PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:45 am
    —
Yes, that map looks great.  What is it called??

#8: Re: Dead trees maps? Author: Jimbo1952Location: Oregon PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:03 pm
    —
It's called Up State New York. I just uploaded it to Dan so it will probably be a bit before it is posted for download.

#9: Re: Dead trees maps? Author: Mydnyte PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:12 pm
    —
That map looks great!

hagadoo.com -> Deer Hunter 2005

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1