DH 2005 map downloading problem
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

hagadoo.com -> Deer Hunter 2005

#1: DH 2005 map downloading problem Author: hayshaker PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:55 am
    —
I used to be able to download the DH 2005 maps without any trouble. BUT my computer crashed and I had to do a system recovery. now the maps download as html modules. Not as zipped files. I used to click "GO GET IT"... save in my computer...c/program files...atari...DH2005...game...custom levels... Then I clicked save. The maps always downloaded as zipped files. I extracted them and they showed up in my game. No sweat.

#2: Re: DH 2005 map downloading problem Author: LuckyLocation: Florence,AZ full time now PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:24 am
    —
hayshaker @ Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:55 am wrote:
I used to be able to download the DH 2005 maps without any trouble. BUT my computer crashed and I had to do a system recovery. now the maps download as html modules. Not as zipped files. I used to click "GO GET IT"... save in my computer...c/program files...atari...DH2005...game...custom levels... Then I clicked save. The maps always downloaded as zipped files. I extracted them and they showed up in my game. No sweat.

check the extensions zipped files always have extension   ".zip"
DH2005 files have ".spk" they do not require unziping there are both in the download section, check to see if your system has a program to unzip files
such as WinZip , if not you will have to download it.

if you try to download one of the Hybrid maps you will need to install the hybrid patch which is available in the download section of this site.

#3: Re: DH 2005 map downloading problem Author: pappy PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:49 am
    —
hope you got all your maps back.  i had a similar problem quite awhile back. AFTER getting every-thing back up and running,  i would save all my favorite maps, patches,  etc,  onto a usb stick ( i call it a memory stick ) any problems and i just had to send the info to my computer and re-install.  worked every time. hope yhis may help
have a good one

#4: Re: DH 2005 map downloading problem Author: hayshaker PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:07 am
    —
Thanks Guys! I'll give it a wack and let you know  if I'm ok or not.

#5: Re: DH 2005 map downloading problem Author: ron4560Location: Baton Rouge,La PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:01 pm
    —
hayshaker @ Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:07 am wrote:
Thanks Guys! I'll give it a wack and let you know  if I'm ok or not.

When get it Join the BI Weekly Cool

#6: Re: DH 2005 map downloading problem Author: hayshaker PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:16 pm
    —
Still no luck. I have winzip. When I download the maps an internet explorer blue E modules downloads.I'm not a spring chicken anymore. Served in 1st. Cavalry Airmobile during Vietnam.  Not computer savvy. DH 2005 is the only game I own.  Don't know what's wrong or how to fix it.

#7: Re: DH 2005 map downloading problem Author: LuckyLocation: Florence,AZ full time now PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:16 pm
    —
hayshaker @ Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:16 pm wrote:
Still no luck. I have winzip. When I download the maps an internet explorer blue E modules downloads.I'm not a spring chicken anymore. Served in 1st. Cavalry Airmobile during Vietnam.  Not computer savvy. DH 2005 is the only game I own.  Don't know what's wrong or how to fix it.

from your description of the problem it is your browser not the game

try downloading the maps in a different browser such as Firefox or chrome Sounds like maybe your IE might be corrupt .

just a thought I use all three browsers on my computer and they all work well to download maps another trick might be to click on save as and save the file to your desktop then unzip it , go into the folder it creates and drag the .spk file into your custom levels.

#8: Re: DH 2005 map downloading problem Author: hayshaker PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:24 am
    —
Firefox worked. I'm getting all my maps back. THANK YOU LUCKY!!!! I know this is off topic, hope I don't get in trouble for it. After Nam I served in the 3rd in Frieburg. Have ear drums blown by mortar rounds. Anyway thank you again for your help!

#9: Re: DH 2005 map downloading problem Author: LuckyLocation: Florence,AZ full time now PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:40 am
    —
hayshaker @ Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:24 pm wrote:
Firefox worked. I'm getting all my maps back. THANK YOU LUCKY!!!! I know this is off topic, hope I don't get in trouble for it. After Nam I served in the 3rd in Frieburg. Have ear drums blown by mortar rounds. Anyway thank you again for your help!

Your welcome bud and thanks for your service.

hagadoo.com -> Deer Hunter 2005

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1