Hello
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

hagadoo.com -> Introduce yourself

#1: Hello Author: GoldylucksLocation: Chattanooga PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:28 am
    —
I was a long time fan of DH games many years ago.  I was in mourning the day my husband upgraded our old desktop PC to one that had Windows Vista and my favorite DH game of all time (I believe it was DH 3 or 4 back in the 90s) no longer worked.  I longed to go back into that trophy room and examine my gnarly looking Demon and the WRs that I had spent hours and hours to bag.  I vividly recall the day I saw my first albino way in the distance.  He crossed the water to an island you can only access by boat and I crawled the entire island trying to get him but he was gone for good.  I never saw a unicorn but I never stopped trying.  When I saw that there was an old DH game that could play on my laptap I got so excited  I almost squeeled.  Now my husband is in mourning because I stayed up until 2AM this morning playing.  He knows that Mom is off the reservation again!!! Boy, have I got my work cut out for me.  I have to re-learn everything!  I used to have each map memorized including the hot spots where a World Record was going to spawn.  I knew all the tricks and tips.  Now, I'm a rookie and it's a whole new ball game.  Any tips for me?

#2: Re: Hello Author: pappy PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:10 pm
    —

hello and welcome. all i can say is, and i will "shout"  KEEP AT IT AND HAVE FUN
getting back into the game is like rideing a bike....you never forget but it takes some time to get back into the swing of things

#3: Re: Hello Author: GoldylucksLocation: Chattanooga PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:29 pm
    —
If it's like riding a bike then I fell off my bike.  Decided to keep it simple and use a long range weapon while I get the hang of things.  I don't remember tracking downed deer being this aggrevating!!!

#4: Re: Hello Author: DanthemanBooneLocation: Rotorua New Zealand PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:08 pm
    —
Hi Goldylucks.
Good to have you with us.
I hate to tell you this after all this time but you can play DH3 or 4 or 5 on vista and windows seven.
Very Happy  Very Happy
The way to do it is to install the game as usual
Then

In win7
Right click on the desktop start icon and click on... Run as administrator

Then go back to desktop and right click again on the start icon and click on
Trouble shoot compatibility

or in Vista
Right click start icon and run as administrator
Again right click on the game start icon
Click properties
Open the compatibility tab and set the option to run as XP

I have all the DH games and have upgraded from XP through Vita and now on to win 7.
(All three computers still live with me and are alive and well.)
I am still able to play most of my old disks on win7 whenever I feel a bit of nostalgia creeping on.

If you play The Atari games, TH2003 , DH2003, BH2003, DH 2004, and DH2005 the same rules apply.

So now even if you upgrade again you can still get your fix.

Oh dear.. Poor hubby.. I probably should never have told you this. Surprised

Cheers

#5: Re: Hello Author: GoldylucksLocation: Chattanooga PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:29 pm
    —
Now you tell me.  I probably got rid of those games 10 years ago!!!!!  Can anyone say EBAY?!?!?!

#6: Re: Hello Author: gas56Location: Ohio USA PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:02 pm
    —
Hi !   Have you tried DH2004 or DH2005?    To me that's where the deer hunting games actually got to their best for being animated.  If you haven't, they are pretty easy to get for a few dollars.    And I'm sure somebody here will help you with any problems that may occur with the game.   They've helped me over the years a lot.  And they actually have tournament hunting here for DH2005 if you want some real competition.           Have a good 1

#7: Re: Hello Author: thetristan PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm
    —
Hi all. I am searching for a server to play with other hunters but when i go to online from the game menu (2005) it says no servers found. Can anyone help me?

#8: Re: Hello Author: DanthemanBooneLocation: Rotorua New Zealand PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:56 pm
    —
thetristan @ Sun May 05, 2013 6:52 pm wrote:
Hi all. I am searching for a server to play with other hunters but when i go to online from the game menu (2005) it says no servers found. Can anyone help me?

Read this recent thread , XFire has begun operating servers.

http://www.hagadoo.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2366

Also visit Granddadlodge, Grandad Graham is still running public servers.

http://www.granddadlodge.com/

#9: Re: Hello Author: GoldylucksLocation: Chattanooga PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:41 am
    —
I am currently playing dh2005.  It's those old ones that I'm nostalgic for.  Maybe I will join the tournaments after I build up a character. Right now I have a noisy hunter that can't shoot worth a darn and couldn't track a firetruck with sirens glaring!!!

hagadoo.com -> Introduce yourself

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1