Questions about Photo Shop Editing
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

hagadoo.com -> General Talk

#1: Questions about Photo Shop Editing Author: REZ325Location: Harrisburg, PA PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:13 pm
    —
My current version of Corel Photo Shop recently died over the holidays, and I can't get it to work for some reason now (and trust me, I did everything possible to get it to work, minus buying a new copy!!!). I used Adobe Photo Shop to make the current banner for the Top Gun Summer 2013, but can't figure out how to make my lettering have the black outline. Is this a special font? The font I am currently using is Oklahoma. Corel done all the dark outlining for me, and I can't get Adobe to do it, so the banner looks screwy to say the least. Can any one give me a line by line instruction maybe with pics on how to achieve this. If not, our banners may never look the same again and may not possibly match others from week to week, and this bothers me greatly.

Any help or info is greatly appreciated Smile

#2: Re: Questions about Photo Shop Editing Author: DanthemanBooneLocation: Rotorua New Zealand PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:33 pm
    —
rez
you should be able to go into your corell files in program files and find your licence numbers. Then download the corell photo shop installer file again and install.
When it asks for the licence enter your numbers.
In fact I have done this myself and my com remembered the licence and entered it automatically for me.
All may not be lost.

You can also contact corel and tell them the problem , they have been very accomodating to me in the past.
It will be a simple fix if you registered you program when you first installed.

hope this helps.

Cheers

#3: Re: Questions about Photo Shop Editing Author: REZ325Location: Harrisburg, PA PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:43 pm
    —
DanthemanBoone @ Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:33 pm wrote:
rez
you should be able to go into your corell files in program files and find your licence numbers. Then download the corell photo shop installer file again and install.
When it asks for the licence enter your numbers.
In fact I have done this myself and my com remembered the licence and entered it automatically for me.
All may not be lost.
Cheers

I can not find anything that says or looks like license file? When you highlight the font like that, what is that called?

#4: Re: Questions about Photo Shop Editing Author: DanthemanBooneLocation: Rotorua New Zealand PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:49 pm
    —
Yuo will have to open any folders and look for text files.
I think mine is called 'Licence text".

#5: Re: Questions about Photo Shop Editing Author: LuckyLocation: Florence,AZ full time now PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:54 pm
    —
I don't use Photo shop Ray but I found this :

How To Add a Thick Outline to Type in Photoshop (any version)

1.Select the type tool and create your text.
2.Control-click on the type layer (Command-click on Mac). This creates a selection around the type.
3.Set the foreground color to the desired outline color.
4.Click the new layer button on the layers palette.
5.Go to Edit > Stroke
6.Set the width to the desired amount.
7.Set the Location to Outside.
8.Click OK.

Tips:
1.If you edit the text, you'll need to trash the outline layer and recreate it.
2.For a thinner outline, the layer effects method is preferred (see related information below).
3.For a ragged outline, set the layer blend mode to dissolve and lower the opacity

and here is a cool tutorial looks like what you need

http://www.slideshare.net/msincome/outline-text-effect-in-photoshop

#6: Re: Questions about Photo Shop Editing Author: REZ325Location: Harrisburg, PA PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:03 pm
    —
I guess my age is showing or I am more dumber then I think Embarassed I still can't get it to work and I can't figure out that tutorial either Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad

#7: Re: Questions about Photo Shop Editing Author: ron4560Location: Baton Rouge,La PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:58 pm
    —
REZ325 @ Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:03 pm wrote:
I guess my age is showing or I am more dumber then I think Embarassed I still can't get it to work and I can't figure out that tutorial either Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad

You showed Me to many things that the average Joe should be able to figure out
and you have caught the Ron syndrome   Confused
As a warning it get worse the more you try to figure things out   Wink

#8: Re: Questions about Photo Shop Editing Author: gas56Location: Ohio USA PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:43 pm
    —
Most paint programs have a fill or outline on circles, rectangular, or lines. On the fonts there are many effects add-ons you can download. if you dont have an edge outline installed.      One way to skin a cat is to use any tex style you like,   type in the text and use the 1st color pallete you want, then go to effects and choose style or wherever your edge effect is loaded, click on edge and set the thickness of the edge you desire. now for the 2nd color to fill inbetween the lines using the paint bucket. a very simple method if your edge font program isn't working.        have a good 1  Very Happy                    GAS56

#9: Re: Questions about Photo Shop Editing Author: trulight PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:21 pm
    —
Just type whatever text you want REZ  Then on the layer on the right double click it right of the text for the layer.  Then go to stroke, or whatever effects
you want.  There's tons of them.

hagadoo.com -> General Talk

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1