Walls Are Bad...
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

hagadoo.com -> DH2005 Map Making Tutorial

#1: Walls Are Bad... Author: FatalityLocation: WV PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:54 am
    —
Hey Guys i need a little help with a problem im having. I wanted to get started on making custom maps for dh2004 so i downloaded the map editor and took a good read through mags dh2005 map editor tutorial for dummys Shocked after a couple hours of working on my first map off and on i finally got it finished, leveled it, and started playing it. Its nothing big just a small slaughter map to try out... I made it alot like the slaughter island map for dh2005 but i put a wall all around the island to keep the deer from goin in the water but there in lies the problem they wont stay in they magically hit the wall and teleport to the top then wave goodbye as they fall in the water and i cant get to them. so yea is there anyway to make a wall they cant climb?

#2: Re: Walls Are Bad... Author: REZ325Location: Harrisburg, PA PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:47 am
    —
I am not a map maker, But I have seen other maps do the same thing. There is no magic bullet to keep all deer in the box. If you look at Dan's 2005 map pack, The Pipeline, you will see they do the same thing. If you call, they will come back, as I have done in the past.

Good Luck Smile

#3: Re: Walls Are Bad... Author: DanthemanBooneLocation: Rotorua New Zealand PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:42 pm
    —
The only way to stop your deer escaping you will have to put the wall right on the hunting boundary.
Otherwise Water on the outside of the wall to the boundary will help to bring them back quicker, but the water can only be 25 % of the map otherwise the editor does not allow the SPK to be made.

Click on this link to get the word on everything we know on making small maps.

http://www.hagadoo.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=931

#4: Re: Walls Are Bad... Author: FatalityLocation: WV PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:13 pm
    —
Ooooo ok lol thanks for the info guys  Smile

hagadoo.com -> DH2005 Map Making Tutorial

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1