HELP!
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

hagadoo.com -> DH2005 tips and tricks

#1: HELP! Author: tc1232 PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:58 pm
    —
I need helping hunting black tails on the Oregon map. I like to hunt out of the 360 stand in the rut. I'm having a hard time finding a location on that map that seems to have a lot deer come through. It seems like no matter where I set my stand up there are so many trees that it is to thick to see anything.

#2: Re: HELP! Author: buzzkiller PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:55 am
    —
Try one of the more open spots near the river, make sure your viewing distance is set on max(in settings) and your tree density is set all the way down. You may also wish to set your ground objects lower.
Rattle more than any other call, it seems to work best for me.

#3: Re: HELP! Author: REZ325Location: Harrisburg, PA PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:34 am
    —
Atari posted screen shots of all their stock maps and the top spots to go with them, although I can't seem to locate them now. Try searching our forums, someone may have posted them already.

#4: Re: HELP! Author: ron4560Location: Baton Rouge,La PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:22 pm
    —
Here you go. Oregon Hotspots

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

#5: Re: HELP! Author: TKSniper PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:54 pm
    —
Utah
Get registered or Log in

Oregon
Get registered or Log in

Georgia
Get registered or Log in

Illinois
Get registered or Log in

Black Forest
Get registered or Log in

Australia
Get registered or Log in

#6: Re: HELP! Author: tc1232 PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:14 pm
    —
awesome thanks guys!

#7: Re: HELP! Author: GoxKii PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:07 am
    —
Well someone didn't read the terms and conditions.  Laughing

Okay here we go...

If you encounter a map like oregon make sure you always start on top of a hill.
Work your way down slowly and follow the foot of the hill towards the foot of a different hill.
When you are down a hill following and planning your path, try something completely random for a change with caution.
Once you found a good spot leave a scent trail on that area and move on.
When you reached a point that you think is a bit empty, slowly return along the feet of hills to your scent spots.

1. Always work your way down hills slowly, try to run sideways often to possibly spot unseen deer behind trees.

2. Do something random once in a while but not too often, such as going through an open field.

3. Deer like to drink so make sure you run along the river downhill, poissibly leaving a trail of scent.

4. Also never forget not to take too much time moving around or you will get bored. (DON'T GO TOO FAST)

All of these are basics and it should be easy for you to at least find some deer now. Good luck. Rolling Eyes

hagadoo.com -> DH2005 tips and tricks

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1