Open sites question
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

hagadoo.com -> DH2005 tips and tricks

#1: Open sites question Author: LRHUNTERLocation: Jersey Shore, PA PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:44 am
    —
Whats the best way to make long shots with open sites?

#2: Re: Open sites question Author: RickLocation: Elizabethton TN PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:10 pm
    —
You use the Spotting Scope

#3: Re: Open sites question Author: LRHUNTERLocation: Jersey Shore, PA PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:15 pm
    —
Rick, do you use the spotting scope just to judge the distance?

What weapon works best and what do you zero it for?

#4: Re: Open sites question Author: RickLocation: Elizabethton TN PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:43 pm
    —
You put the spotting scope on the deer then you push the number for your weapon and shoot i only use the 7mm and i set it for the max 400 yds is as far as any gun will shoot the only one that will shoot over 400 yds is the 207 and i never use it some of the other guys can help you with it

#5: Re: Open sites question Author: REZ325Location: Harrisburg, PA PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:44 pm
    —
LRHUNTER @ Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:44 pm wrote:

First go to page 10, 11, or 12 of the regular Mule maps and download "Ray's Dead On Bullseye Map". This is a long distance shooting range that will allow you to practice out to 500yds accurately. Secondly, the weapon for the week is "Any" meaning you can kill with mixed weapons or "Multi" as it would show in the S/S & DHT. Wound the deer with "Any" weapon, then you have to finish him with the 207 round. It i the only round that will shoot past 400yds. All other rounds disappear at the 400yds mark. Set your 207 weapon up to max calibration (ie...328yds) go to the shooting range, start at 400yds. Use you spotting scope, bring it up and set it center mass of the target barrel. Now switch to your custom 207 weapon using the numbers on you key pad, and not the mouse, also fire with the numbers, and not the mouse, when using the mouse, you can move the courser all so slightly and cause a miss. After you see where the round lands, make the adjustment until you hit center mass. Then move back to 450yds, and repeat procedure. When confident at 450yds, move back to 500yds. Before you know, you will be shooting like the pros!

Hope that helps a little, if you have move questions, please post back Smile

#6: Re: Open sites question Author: LRHUNTERLocation: Jersey Shore, PA PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:50 pm
    —
Thanks a lot, I'll give that a try.

#7: Re: Open sites question Author: LRHUNTERLocation: Jersey Shore, PA PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:29 am
    —
I could only get my .207 to 219yds for max calibration. How do I get it up to 328yds? When I was shooting at the center bullseye barrels from 400 yds my rounds were hitting the ground.

#8: Re: Open sites question Author: Mickey PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:11 pm
    —
Calibrate the 207 at zero then you should have no trouble hitting the 400 yd and the 500 yd. Takes alittle practice once you get it down you'll be good.

#9: Re: Open sites question Author: REZ325Location: Harrisburg, PA PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:41 pm
    —
LRHUNTER @ Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:29 am wrote:
I could only get my .207 to 219yds for max calibration. How do I get it up to 328yds? When I was shooting at the center bullseye barrels from 400 yds my rounds were hitting the ground.

Sorry, my bad! It can only be set to 219. Regardless, if it is hitting the ground in front of the barrels, the aim at the top of the barrels, almost the same as the front shoulder of the deer. Like Micky said, practice, practice practice, it makes perfect Smile
Good Luck & please post back.

#10: Re: Open sites question Author: LRHUNTERLocation: Jersey Shore, PA PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:18 am
    —
Thanks Mickey! Setting the .207 on O yds got me on target.

#11: Re: Open sites question Author: Mickey PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:45 pm
    —
Your welcome glad I could help.

#12: Re: Open sites question Author: ron4560Location: Baton Rouge,La PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:59 am
    —
LRHUNTER @ Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:44 pm wrote:

Didn't click till Friday about this ? Quess the Deer I shot all week won't count (Scoped) Evil or Very Mad

#13: Re: Open sites question Author: LuckyLocation: Florence,AZ full time now PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:37 pm
    —
Quote:
Didn't click till Friday about this ? Quess the Deer I shot all week won't count (Scoped) Evil or Very Mad

If your gonna goof like that Ron please wait til the Legend Hunt to do so Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  :

hagadoo.com -> DH2005 tips and tricks

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1