Hey Jesse James
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
hagadoo.com -> Deer Hunter 2005

#1: Hey Jesse James Author: REZ325Location: Harrisburg, PA PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:42 pm
    —
We all are gunning for that title!   JK, Best of luck Smile

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

#2: Re: Hey Jesse James Author: Jesse James PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:38 pm
    —
Good Luck to you also. When I think back, it was I that suggested to Hagadoo that we have a Legend title, and it was only 2-1/2 years later to obtain it.  It is a lot of time and work, believe me. I was up against Vic one time and he won it by a fraction, that's how close it was.  I am still unclear how you intend to run this one though, but I may be just slow to catch on.  The hunt this week should have been called "Bullets gone Wide", I haven't hit one yet.

#3: Re: Hey Jesse James Author: Magnum1973 PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:11 pm
    —
After some thought we decided to change up the way the legend was run.  Instead of a certain amount of hunters being eliminated each week, it will come down to a total score based off of the weekly hunts.  The total score is obtained by the total of total of weekly hunt points + weekly hunt distance + weekly hunt weight.  Now not to take anything away from yours or any other past legends accomplishments but this will put a little more thought and game planning into how people hunt. This will also help anyone who has a bad week. In addition to this we will be using every weapon in the arsenal.  Hopefully everyone will find this enjoyable and hunt the weekly tournaments.  Here is a list of the the actual legend rules.

http://www.hagadoo.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=44

#4: Re: Hey Jesse James Author: Jesse James PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:08 pm
    —
Now I like that Magnum, well done. Since most WR's are smaller in weight that should somewhat balance out the score and the weight factor.  Hunters that can pull off longest shots have a good chance of winning.  Sounds like fun and it will be less work for you guys to keep track of using the score keeper program to do it.  Is the Rare deer tournament canceled?

#5: Re: Hey Jesse James Author: Magnum1973 PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:59 pm
    —
No we will reset the stats and run it along with the legend.

#6: Re: Hey Jesse James Author: DeerKillersLocation: Italy PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:32 am
    —
Last time we hunted in the Legend tournament you beated me for 4 points JJ, this time you will beat me for 1.000.000 points, that's for sure  Laughing
The hunter that wins the Legend also is the hunter that shoot fartest and with a bigger weight only?
If you have a whitetail 150 bagged at 399 yards with 299 pounds... it's bigger than a whitetail 210 bagged at 370 yards with 250 pounds?  Shocked
I don't think this is a Legend, this is a Sharpshooter Title. The Legend should be like in the past, only with weekly hunt points. That should be called "DHAC Sharpshooter & Meat Tournament". The rack score points don't count anything in a tournament like this. In a normal hunting tournament the rack score is the thing that count much.
As a past Legend of DHAC that's just my opinion, nothing more...

#7: Re: Hey Jesse James Author: REZ325Location: Harrisburg, PA PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:46 pm
    —
DeerKillers Quote "I don't think this is a Legend, this is a Sharpshooter Title. The Legend should be like in the past, only with weekly hunt points. That should be called "DHAC Sharpshooter & Meat Tournament". The rack score points don't count anything in a tournament like this. In a normal hunting tournament the rack score is the thing that count much.
As a past Legend of DHAC that's just my opinion, nothing more..."

DeerKillers, weekly points do count in this legend tournament, as well as distance & weight! You have to decide each week, weather to win the weekly, or push up your overall legend standing. The legend rules are posted on the home page. This gives a more fair chance across the board for all. Before, you had to win a weekly, to qualify to be in the legend, heck, the same people win every week, where is the chance for the newer members to get in? This way, if you want to win, you have to hunt for it. This weeks hunt is rack + distance. If you were smart, you would be hunting it rack + distance + weight! This would insure your position towards the top of the legend standings. This legend tournament, will make you a true all around hunter! It will be a proud title to have beside your name!  Good Luck & Happy Hunting

#8: Re: Hey Jesse James Author: DeerKillersLocation: Italy PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:02 pm
    —
REZ325 @ Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:46 pm wrote:
This gives a more fair chance across the board for all. Before, you had to win a weekly, to qualify to be in the legend, heck, the same people win every week, where is the chance for the newer members to get in? [/font][/size][/color]

I don't think that this gives a more fair chance for newer members, this is a hunt against new members...
Because how can a NEW member, a NEW hunter, kill an axis buck with a shotgun (without the scope) at 250 yards? How can kill a buck at 100 yards with a bow if he is a new hunter? And if I can choose, I prefer to continue hunting the weekly hunts, because I don't like hunting with a calculator in the hands.
I don't want to choose a 150 WT 299 lbs at 399yds for the "Legend", I will sure choose a WR Buck 150lbs at 30 yds for the weekly hunt. Yes, this tournament is very good for new members, but only for getting better the skills.
I have already hunted 2 Legends tournaments, and the last one was the funniest. And... I loose! But I had fun hunting in normal situations, had fun loosing after bagging 32 Wr's in a week too!  Laughing
I don't hunt for win in weekly hunts, I hunt for FUN. And today I bagged a WR axis at 250 yards with a shotgun, after 55 minutes!!! That wasn't fun, that's sure! Laughing

#9: Re: Hey Jesse James Author: REZ325Location: Harrisburg, PA PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:07 pm
    —
I just hope you bagged that WR ¬†with a Double Barreled Shotgun! Very Happy 250 yds, Great shot DK! All yeah, JJ told me its 90% luck, 10% skill, so I think I got a chance! LOL Laughing Laughing  Laughing

#10: Re: Hey Jesse James Author: Jesse James PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:07 pm
    —
I didn't think the last Legend tournament was funny Deerkilllers.  I hope you are using the right shotgun also,  because I know it is impossible to kill one at 250 yards with a double barrel shotgun. Very Happy

#11: Re: Hey Jesse James Author: Mickey PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:15 pm
    —
[b]Thats right you cant shoot that far with the double barrel thats for sure. The max I know it will hit is 200yds but it wont hit where your aiming.

#12: Re: Hey Jesse James Author: DeerKillersLocation: Italy PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:11 am
    —
If you don't believe me I can post the dht file here, DOUBLE BARRELED Shotgun at 250 yards. But it takes more than one hour of time! I will stop hunting from today in this hunt. I think it's the first time I stop hunting before saturday! Sad
I tried in the target range, and if you shoot like 10 - 15 shots, you will see that one or more hits the animal. Just use the Sabot Slug Load.

#13: Re: Hey Jesse James Author: Magnum1973 PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:36 am
    —
I wanted to post a few comments about DH2005 and the Legend.  First off this game is over 4 years old and it is still going strong.  That says a lot about the game and the dedicated hunters here.  For that I applaud all of you.   One of the problems you face when running a website or business or whatever that deals with the public is that not everyone is going to be happy.  I learned long ago that even tho it might be upsetting that one or two people don't agree with how you are doing things, you can't let it get to you and you have to cater to the majority. That is what Ray and myself are trying to do with DH2005 and the Legend.

A lot of people become bored rather easily if they are constantly doing the same thing over and over again.  That is why we are trying to come up with interesting and challenging hunts.  The old way the Legend was set up is every week someone got eliminated.  The problem with this is that once someone got eliminated they didn't bother to hunt the rest of the weekly tournaments.  I guess they figured "what is sense of it?".   The way we have it set up now is you can have a bad week and still be in the running.  Let's say we were still doing the legend the old way.  What if it came down to the last week and one of the hunter's computer crashed or they had a family emergency and they could not hunt at all that week.  That would make the other one the winner without having to really do anything in the end.  To me, that is not how I would want to win it and I am sure a lot of others feel that way to.  If you look at professional sports.  Take baseball for an example.  It used to be two teams form each division in the playoffs.  That was fine if you team won the east or the west but if your team didn't then you were set up for a long off season.  Now they have added two more teams to each divisional playoffs.  So if your team wasn't good enough to win the regular season it still gives you a chance in the playoffs.  This keeps more people interested and also gives more teams the chance for the ultimate goal, the World Series Championship.  In the case with us it is the Legend.

Yes some hunts will be tough but some will also be easy.  We are trying to keep everyone happy and enjoying the game.

Mag

#14: Re: Hey Jesse James Author: DeerKillersLocation: Italy PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:54 am
    —
Yes Mag, you're right. The only thing I said was about meat and distance, two useless things in the game. I like the Legend tournament without the "every week elimination", the only thing I said was about the use of meat + distance + rack score in the hunts. About choosing between weekly hunt or Legend entry.

#15: Re: Hey Jesse James Author: Mossyback_Moe PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:58 am
    —
I don't understand why you say meat and distance are useless. If they are part of the hunt objective, they are vital to winning.
A  298 rack score is useless if he weighs 110 lbs and you take him at 120 yds. That was proven this past week. I think you prefer to hunt just large racks and nothing else.....at least that's what it sounds like.

hagadoo.com -> Deer Hunter 2005

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 4