Anyone here from Arkansas? Interesting News Story!
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

hagadoo.com -> General Talk

#1: Anyone here from Arkansas? Interesting News Story! Author: Kalliee PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:55 am
    —
Check this link out.
5,000 or so Blackbirds died around 11 on New Years Eve, practically 'raining' from the sky!
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/04/us/04beebe.html

Last edited by Kalliee on Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Anyone here from Arkansas? Interesting News Story! Author: DanthemanBooneLocation: Rotorua New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:13 pm
    —
Saw the story two nights ago on the six oclock news. It also made it down here to New Zealand

#3: Re: Anyone here from Arkansas? Interesting News Story! Author: Kalliee PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:45 am
    —
Yep it's quite interesting if you ask me, some say a plane or something caused it, others say fireworks, I can just imagine looking out my window and seeing thousands of blackbirds falling from the sky!

#4: Re: Anyone here from Arkansas? Interesting News Story! Author: skip PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:14 pm
    —
Yes i seen this tragic event on the internet,there were also over 100,000 fish found dead and more REDWING BLACKBIRDS found dead in louisiana,I am speculating this may have been caused by either lightening,,fireworks,or maybe they got poisened somehow in louisiana by the oil-spill in the gulf.

#5: Re: Anyone here from Arkansas? Interesting News Story! Author: Kalliee PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:35 pm
    —
Well they have proven that the fish deaths had nothing to do with the death of the blackbirds. They have done tests and such as it says in that article and 'acute trauma' found could be anything from flying into houses or from somehow dropping from one altitude to another at a rate that could stop their heart/explode lungs etc. But weird huh?!

#6: Re: Anyone here from Arkansas? Interesting News Story! Author: Magnum1973 PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:20 pm
    —
I saw something about the fireworks scaring the birds and causing them to fly lower then normal.  This caused them to crash into stuff.

hagadoo.com -> General Talk

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1