How Many Hours a Week Do You Hunt?
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
hagadoo.com -> Deer Hunter 2005

#1: How Many Hours a Week Do You Hunt? Author: REZ325Location: Harrisburg, PA PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:48 am
    —
I thought I would start this thread to see what type of time people are putting into supporting our hunts. This will help me understand the weekly ranking better and how hard to actually make the hunts Smile  

I myself (REZ325) only get 1 to 2 hours on a good night. With my work always consuming more of my time, followed by my Family, Aleah's soccer then this site, finding time to hunt has become ever increasingly harder.

I would safely say 7 to 10 hours a week total. That was not enough last week, as you can see I did not turn in and entry Sad

Last edited by REZ325 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: How Many Hours a Week Do You Hunt? Author: Timberwolfswe PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:07 pm
    —
REZ325 @ Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:48 pm wrote:

I would safely say 7 to 10 hours a week total.

That's basically the amount of time I can put in too.
Big difference then for acouple of years ago, had 103 hours as most in 1 weeks hunting. Razz

#3: Re: How Many Hours a Week Do You Hunt? Author: dhunter000Location: Kingsport, TN PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:39 pm
    —
50 to 60 hrs per week but as you know I am not doing very well. Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Cant figure it out. Confused  Confused  Confused  Confused  Confused
Oh well,
Dave

#4: Re: How Many Hours a Week Do You Hunt? Author: ron4560Location: Baton Rouge,La PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:47 pm
    —
I get about an hour or so on week nights(If I'm not on TS) Most weekends Sat. can get about 4 and 2 or so on Sun. if Sat. Coors don't keep me under the sheets sick
Past weeks as with Ray work has consumed alot of my time

#5: Re: How Many Hours a Week Do You Hunt? Author: RickLocation: Elizabethton TN PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:04 pm
    —
about 10  hrs per week for me

#6: Re: How Many Hours a Week Do You Hunt? Author: REZ325Location: Harrisburg, PA PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:57 pm
    —
dhunter000 @ Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:39 pm wrote:
50 to 60 hrs per week but as you know I am not doing very well. Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Cant figure it out. Confused  Confused  Confused  Confused  Confused
Oh well,
Dave

Dave you have been only hunting with use for a short while now, you have placed towards the top a couple of times, I think you are doing super! After this hunt, we will go into a 4 week rifle hunt, at 60 hours a week, your name should pop up in the winners box I think at least 1 time.

Don't give up, your doing just fine Smile

#7: Re: How Many Hours a Week Do You Hunt? Author: LuckyLocation: Florence,AZ full time now PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:03 pm
    —
dhunter000 @ Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:39 am wrote:
Oh well,
Dave

I am retired from work but not from life.....lol most weeklys I hunt about 4 hours per night so
4 times 7 = 28 a week
Last week was an exception I probably spent more like 6 because of the extremely difficult method
of hunting.  but I believe 28 to 30 hrs per weekly tournament is about average for me and like you say DH
I am not doing real well but I am having a great time.  this is an excellent group of hunters and the site is
the only one currently doing weeklys so hang in there your time will come.

#8: Re: How Many Hours a Week Do You Hunt? Author: Jimbo1952Location: Oregon PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:44 pm
    —
Me about an hr. to an hr. and a half per day  with my work schedule ( and sometimes I divide that with map making ), and I only have one computer so I have to share with the wife. Sometimes on the week-end I have to get up at 5:00 AM to get some hunt time in.  LOL  

#9: Re: How Many Hours a Week Do You Hunt? Author: DanthemanBooneLocation: Rotorua New Zealand PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:40 pm
    —
I too am retired and as you all can guesse I spend too much time at the computer.
My hunt time would exceed 40 hrs a week but not all on the weekly hunts

I hunt maps I am testing, The Hunter and other dh2005 maps just for fun.
But I spend most time making maps, about another 40 Hours A week.
This weeks map represents about 65 hours of work, some only take 10 or 12.

Lat week I spent 9 hours straight on Wednesday to get my entry together .
last night 4 hours to get a distance and weight and the rest I will have to spend looking for a WR Roe.
Havnt seen one yet.

Who knows how much longer that will take.

I figure out what is needed to be up near the middle to top and that is my goal.
Sometimes do better , sometimes worse.
this week a 380 plus distance, a 65lb or better weight and 73 0r better rack.
When they are in the bag I'm done.

As long as I am enjoying the weekly hunt I will compete.
When it gets to Heavy I move to other hunt related things.

The most important thing is that I enjoy what time I spend.
And remember, no matter how big that deer is that you killed  ...on my map ...to beat me.. HALF OF IT IS MINE

#10: Re: How Many Hours a Week Do You Hunt? Author: (SWE)SHFila4Location: Hudiksvall (Sweden) PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:24 am
    —
About 10  hrs per week. Embarassed  Sad

#11: Re: How Many Hours a Week Do You Hunt? Author: KyBuckmasterLocation: Richmond Ky PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:28 pm
    —
Ray I hunt about 3 hours a day sometimes more

#12: Re: How Many Hours a Week Do You Hunt? Author: screamin_eagle PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:53 pm
    —
I hunt about 10 hours a week. providing its not actually hunting season.

#13: Re: How Many Hours a Week Do You Hunt? Author: fOneLocation: Estonia-Tallinn PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:32 am
    —
Depents on a Day Sometimes 5h a day sometimes 3h and so on and on but i try to be in the weekly hunt as much as i can

#14: Re: How Many Hours a Week Do You Hunt? Author: VicLocation: Danville,VA PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:48 pm
    —
I used to hunt about 13 hours a day

#15: Re: How Many Hours a Week Do You Hunt? Author: playswithsquirrels PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:45 pm
    —
ive been puttin most of my spare time into this game since i got it(5 days ago) and im just now figuring it out... but you guys ned people like me so you look good right?

ps-  is there ever such a thing as a roe trophy buck?!?!?!?!

hagadoo.com -> Deer Hunter 2005

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 3