Some Bow Testing (Long Range)
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

hagadoo.com -> DH2005 tips and tricks

#1: Some Bow Testing (Long Range) Author: trulight PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:26 pm
    —
Did some long range testing, thought i'd share it with you all.

Find Your Range With The Rifle/Spotting Scope.
Use The Marks Noted On The Following Image.
Switch To Bow, And Shoot

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

NOTE: Keep in mind that a difference at that range of 1 yard makes a HUGE difference on where you will hit, it's very touchy.

Last edited by trulight on Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

#2: Re: Some Bow Testing (Long Range) Author: RickLocation: Elizabethton TN PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:31 pm
    —
Thanks Sam that helps out a lot

#3: Re: Some Bow Testing (Long Range) Author: REZ325Location: Harrisburg, PA PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:33 pm
    —
Remember, the Legend hunters are the only ones that HAVE TOO use the bow this week

#4: Re: Some Bow Testing (Long Range) Author: VicLocation: Danville,VA PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:53 pm
    —
Does the tips really matter???? The win and that plaque are in the bag

#5: Re: Some Bow Testing (Long Range) Author: trulight PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:34 am
    —
Remember The Yard Variance Razz  It's gonna take a lot of arrows!

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

#6: Re: Some Bow Testing (Long Range) Author: trulight PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:56 pm
    —
Made a discovery, pretty common sense though, just didn't think about it when putting this
together.  If your on level ground this technique works.  Keep in mind that there are little
variations to the range.  Like you can spot them at 100 yards, but if you hit your back
or forward button really quick, you'll move but the yardage won't change.  At these ranges
that really effects where they will hit as well.

Also keep in mind if your on a hill above the deer your arrows will shoot high.
If the deer are above you the arrows will shoot low.

So terrain elevation is a HUGE factor as well, and you'll have to adjust for it.

On one of the taller hills in this week's legend map I did a test shot.  Managed to fire an
arrow in excess of 130.

#7: Re: Some Bow Testing (Long Range) Author: trulight PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:04 pm
    —
Created A Recording So You Can See The Method In Action:

Put this .rec file in your Atari/Deer Hunter 2005/Game/Rec directory then go to your movie room in game to view it.

Download Recording Here

#8: Re: Some Bow Testing (Long Range) Author: ron4560Location: Baton Rouge,La PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:40 pm
    —
trulight @ Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:04 pm wrote:
Created A Recording So You Can See The Method In Action:

Put this .rec file in your Atari/Deer Hunter 2005/Game/Rec directory then go to your movie room in game to view it.

Download Recording Here

I've got  $100.00 dollars to the First person(Weekly or Legend with a entry this week) using this exact method (spotting scope.207 scope + compound bow) to take down a Buck(No spikes or half racks) at 110 yds!
Sam I'll give you $50.00 since you did it already>But all MUST take a movie of the Entire hunt from 1st shot to Kill and post it in this thread $100 to $50.00

#9: Re: Some Bow Testing (Long Range) Author: trulight PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:17 pm
    —
To clarify, I don't take every shot at 110.  Just the last couple.  I'll shoot them 5-7 (and pray they don't go down) times at 100.  Only the last couple of shots at 110,
and the spotting scope in the recording was only used to show there was no arrow in the deer prior to the method, and to show there was after the method.
Hence why the method in the first image shows where to hit them at 100 as well.

You can get the range simply by using the rifle scope as well.  As I stated you might have to raise or lower your aiming point based on elevation.  The shot is possible
others have done it just fine. DanthemanBoone, has had 4 in a deer shooting all of them at 110, before he ran out of time, on accident on the server.

hagadoo.com -> DH2005 tips and tricks

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1