Search for at
hagadoo.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Biweekly # 20 10-8 -10-22 2:pm est. -10-22 1pm est. DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:54 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Biweekly #19 09-24 - 10-08 Results DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:51 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Back after 8 Years Introduce yourself MarkGS 4 Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:55 am
MarkGS View latest post
Hunt #18 Results 9-10 -9-24 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:24 pm
REZ325 View latest post
BiWeekly Hunt # 19 9-24 -10-08 2:00pm est. -10-08 1:00pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 2 Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:36 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Moving House. General Talk DanthemanBoone 5 Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:34 am
Jimbo1952 View latest post
Hunt #17 Results 8-27 - 9-10 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:28 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Hunt # 18 9-10 2pm est - 9-24 est. DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:25 am
ron4560 View latest post

Need some advice on copywrite laws?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    hagadoo.com Forum Index -> General Talk
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
hitman

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:20 pm Post subject: Need some advice on copywrite laws? Reply with quote

Hello all, this doesnt have anything to do with deer hunter, I was wondering how would I go about having someone remove "certin" images from a website profile that were taken by me. I am not rich, and dont have anywhere nears the money for an attorny or anything like that, I mean after all its just some images, but it still ticks me off.

I have contacted crapspace "myspace" several times, but they keep telling me "its only MY OPNION" that I took these when I have the origional full res on my computer....and have told them I have the proof.  Theres probly a total of 10 on a persons profile, and it seems like I only keep getting a "genarated" responce, not an actual human.

ALSO when I post anything related in myspace forums, my post gets deleted in less then 20mins, and I have done this like a million times(exzaggeration)!!!!!

Is there anyway I can somhow report this? Thanks, and like I said its not a huge problem, but If it can be resolved I would feel alot better.
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

votes: 14

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:25 pm Post subject: Re: Need some advice on copywrite laws? Reply with quote

Jr, I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish? Are the images yours, or someone elses? If the images are yours, then The image have to be copyrighted & recorded somewhere to make them official. It goes the other way also if you are using them with out consent. If money is being generated (either way) because of these images, it will help your case, ie royalties deserved. But since you don't have money, & you think your artistic content is being stolen for profit, then I would tell you to contact you own States Attorney General for Texas. I too am not rich and used them in the past with some success. You should be able to find their  info on their web site, you can usually submit and electronic grievance or a written one. They have to respond back either way, that's what good about them. Although it may not be a favorable response. So I hope that helps a little with the info you provided.

Good Luck

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:29 pm Post subject: Re: Need some advice on copywrite laws? Reply with quote

One other thing, If this is against MySpace, I believe when you open and account there, all info posted becomes the property of MySpace, so you might not have a leg to stand on. I would go back & read there Terms of Service again. We have a similar thing at Hagadoo also, Once submitted, we can do with it as we please (for the most part) The only recourse is when some one manually removes it from the forums.

Get registered or Log in
Magnum1973

usa.gif

votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:43 pm Post subject: Re: Need some advice on copywrite laws? Reply with quote

When you sign up for myspace, facebooke etc... you agree to their rules.  One of these is allowing them to use your personal info for whatever they want.  Their rules do not pertain to copyrighted material.  Just having an original picture will probably not help you much.  Like Ray said you need to have some record of it.  What I would suggest when posting pictures that you don't want copied, is to put a watermark of some sort on them.  If you need help with this let me know and I will explain how to do it.

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Visit Evo-Install Today
hitman

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:26 pm Post subject: Re: Need some advice on copywrite laws? Reply with quote

Yes I do know how to watermark, but let me state, this is never a problem for me as I do not really care who uses them....I DO NOT have a mysapce or facebook, usally I upload my images to flikr to share, but I remember reading sometime back that you cannot upload images that are not yours to your own profile?

As for the Terms of Service it says mysapce DOES not own the images? But it does say they can use the images....so that seems kinda confusing ...... IDK LOL

Anywho to shed a little more light, what I am refering to is my ex-wife....I think she had saved the images from my flikr and put them on her profile, now do I care what she is doing? hell no, what does upset me is that they were taken BY ME, with MY Camera, one of the Images I use to show people my photographic skills, no I do not get money from them. But as for the State of Oklahoma I am not aloud to contact her what so ever. So like I said befor its NOT a HUGE deal, just curious if they was anything I could do.

Thanks Ray Ill look into the Attorney Genaral Texas deal
trulight

blank.gif

votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:37 am Post subject: Re: Need some advice on copywrite laws? Reply with quote

Copyright is just that, if you have the originals on flickr, contact them, and let them know someone on myspace is taking them, they will contact myspace.
Jimbo1952

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:42 am Post subject: Re: Need some advice on copywrite laws? Reply with quote

I used to be in a band and somebody in a neighboring town was using the same band name only spelled different, but on the radio you didn't know the difference. The long and the short of it was, we sued them and used a receipt for our business cards as proof as to who had the name first. we went to court and represented ourselves, the judge ordered them to pay for all the money they made off the name through radio advertising ( for gigs and such ). you don't always need a lawyer. In your case since you put the pictures on flikr to share you pretty much made them "public domain" to be down loaded and used. I'm not sure about OK. but since its your ex wife the pictures could be considered community property if they were taken while you were together. the best way to protect yourself in the future is to spend the $10.00 and register your photos with the library of congress. This will copyright them for 80 years. And when you post them make sure you use the copyright symbol to protect them, then if anyone uses them for profit you will be protected ( or if anyone publishes them any and claims they are THEIRS. Or you can just put the original pictures in an envelope and mail them to yourself ( and leave it sealed ) the postmark will protect you. Unless they are digital LOL.
Magnum1973

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:01 pm Post subject: Re: Need some advice on copywrite laws? Reply with quote

Yes but how can you prove that the pics on your flickr are the originals?  Maybe by the date but what is to stop her from saying she is the one who took them?  We all know the rules of marriage, "what's hers is hers and what's yours is hers" Laughing

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Visit DFG-GAMING.COM Today
Magnum1973

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:03 pm Post subject: Re: Need some advice on copywrite laws? Reply with quote

Oh one other thing to why your posts are getting deleted.  Are you posting on your ex wife's page?  If you are she has the ability to control you or anyone says on her page.  Almost like being married again. Laughing

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:37 pm Post subject: Re: Need some advice on copywrite laws? Reply with quote

Hell knows no fury like a WOMAN SCORNED! If it with your wife, I would just say drop. Women always seem to win, just walk away smarter...................................... Smile

Get registered or Log in
hitman

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:28 pm Post subject: Re: Need some advice on copywrite laws? Reply with quote

LOL yeah you do have a point there....oh well, one to the next one LOL.
ron4560
Site Owner
Legend
Past Legend

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:04 pm Post subject: Re: Need some advice on copywrite laws? Reply with quote

REZ325 @ Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:37 pm wrote:
Hell knows no fury like a WOMAN SCORNED! If it with your wife, I would just say drop. Women always seem to win, just walk away smarter...................................... Smile

My EX B@#^H even took my Dreams and there was nothing I could do Thank God they were Night mares at the Time!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil

Get registered or Log in
Visit Revolution-Mods.com Today
Magnum1973

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:18 am Post subject: Re: Need some advice on copywrite laws? Reply with quote

Quote:
My EX B@#^H even took my Dreams and there was nothing I could do Thank God they were Night mares at the Time!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil

Which one was that?  One, two three, or four? Laughing

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view hagadoo.com Forum Index ->  General Talk All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: