Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:38 pm Post subject: Map Submissions
The map Making Elves have been busy.. thank goodness.
I have been receiving many maps for testing and I need some help here guys.
If you find you are guilty of some ommissions .. dont worry.... I have been too in the past.
!. Set up your folder with your name on the Ftp. follow the instructions in FAQs, bottom of the Home page.
2. Save a copy of your original map folder from your custom levels in case we need to revise.
3. Use the private messaging ( message button left hand side 3rd down on menu pane) to advise me when you
submit a map and check your private messages for my replies.
4. Ensure all the screen shots, gps and other maps are in the game folder and working. Check the map for errors
E.G. Leaning trees, Floating objects, frame speed etc. If you find a problem your not sure how to fix, post a
query in the forum to tap into some very clever help.
5 Pack the level and name your Spk file exactly as it shows up in the game location menu. EG.. Big Valley ... Big
you can change its name in the profile. ..Level name... apply profile .. Save.. before you Spk .
Then run the Spk in the game and check it one more time.
6. Pack the Spk in a Zip file and name the Zip the same. EG Big Valley.zip ..and also include a read me file if you
7. If the map requires revision delete the first zip from your Ftp folder before loading the new version ..
8. Delete zips from the Ftp once you know they have been uploaded to the site. I will advise you when it is done by
Private message. Make sure you have your own copy before deleting.
These steps will enable us to process the maps and get them up on site quicker so everyone can enjoy.
Thanking you all in advance.
Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum