Search for at
hagadoo.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Topgun Week #4/BiWeekly # 24 12-10 12pm est.-12--24 1pm est. DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:35 am
ron4560 View latest post
Topgun Week #4/BiWeekly # 24 12-3 -12-17 CANCELLED DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 10 Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:17 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post
Balloons in Silly Snake DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:16 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post
Toggun#3/Biweekly #23 11-19-12-3 Results DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:04 am
ron4560 View latest post
1st Deer with a Bow Deer Hunter 2005 jummpy123 3 Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:42 pm
ron4560 View latest post
alot of dh2005 questions Deer Hunter 2005 cowboy 8 Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:07 pm
ron4560 View latest post
recording and screenshots Info, questions and suggestions for hunts. cowboy 4 Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:55 pm
cowboy View latest post
Topgun Week # 2/BiWeekly # 22 11-5 -11-19 3 pm est -2 pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 2 Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:52 pm
ron4560 View latest post

Most memorable hunts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    hagadoo.com Forum Index -> General Talk
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
BucksNBuffalo

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:39 am Post subject: Most memorable hunts? Reply with quote

Hey guys..

Since I appear to be the Vampire around these parts (lol) I just thought I'd make an interesting post. I thought we could all have some fun and tell about our most memorable hunts, be it in DH05, DH04, TH2k3, whatever. I know I have quite a few. I can at least give ya 3 that stick out, but we'll go with one for now.

1st one: Now this one is a no-brainer. The story of my super huge NT WT in DH 2005. I was hunting on Savannah GA (made by Tom2008) and came across a RB Typical just outside a cornfield. I was armed with a single-shot pistol and of course, my compound bow. I figured "Oh heck, just a RB and I haven't killed anything, so I'll just shoot him." Pulled out my pistol and let him have it. Bullet-cam, and he died in a very funny manner with his antlers stuck in the ground. I do got some pics, but I'll post em later. After I took numerous SS's, and bagged him, I turned around and in the shadows a seen what appeared to be a good lookin NT. Brought up my spotting scope, and the Hunters Guess said "Value: 255". I had to do a double take ...255?!??!  Shocked I had to make sure I wasn't confused and was hunting mulies!! But I said "HOLY &%@*!!" and took a deep breath and went stalking after him. Of course, he was going down by the bow, as do all of my big deer. This guy was smart. I got to 60 meters and he spooked. Watched him run into the corn field. I caught up to him but he was pretty well hidden in the cornfield, and I wasn't able to make out where he was standing and where the killzone was. I made up my mind and took a blind shot, in which my arrow sailed over top of his shoulder (I think) and off he ran. Again, I watched him and then stalked after him. I caught up with him standing in the trees around the edge of the map. I quietly but somewhat quickly got into position to take him out, since I already knew calls wouldn't work (he was already spooked to my antlers and grunt, meaning if he started walking he would not stop). I had him broadside at 50 m and lined up the killzone, and let my arrow fly. Direct hit. He ran only a few yards and fell over dead. I went over, snapped pics and bagged him, and about died when the final score said "247.200". My biggest ever NT WT, and one of the biggest on the 'net!! :D

So anyway, I am curious as to what your most memorable hunts are? Was a huge deer taken? Was it just funny? Lets hear what ya got!!

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in
Magnum1973

usa.gif

votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:28 am Post subject: Re: Most memorable hunts? Reply with quote

First off Lord Vlad, you are not the only vampire around here.  It just so happens that some of us Old vampires are out at night getting a meal the old fashioned way instead of raiding the local blood bank. Very Happy

I have a lot of memorable hunts, most of them have taken place hunting with others.  So not to upset anyone I will just tell you about my 04 hunt.  
I had been hunting Afognak AK for the weekly hunt.  I had been loading in the same spot and using the caller.  The one day I was using this technique and I was really starting to get a lot of world records.  They seemed to be getting bigger as I went.  Every deer I got I would add up my scores and try to figure what I needed to beat Mickey. Laughing  I loaded into the game in my usual spot and before I could set up I see a buck running north.  I figure what the heck, he looks big so I will take a few shots at him.  I manage to drop him.  I can see where he dropped, so I set up my stand and start trying to call in others.  While sitting in my stand and glassing over the area, I keep coming back to that dead buck and thinking that he might be a big buck.  So I say what the hell and get out of my stand and go over to bag him.  Well to my surprise he was a big one.  It was a  WR 199 bt.  The biggest I ever saw by far.  Here is the pic of him.
Get registered or Log in

The next load I load in my same spot and do the same routine and this little guy comes hopping out.  He is not big by any means but it's a rare and he was taken with the bow Very Happy
Get registered or Log in
 Oh and one other that was memorable about those hunts is that I was able to beat Mickey that week.

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
(SWE)SHFila4

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:07 am Post subject: Re: Most memorable hunts? Reply with quote

Hi Guy's  Rolling Eyes

Can i count screenshot's from DH2004 whit this Patch also(DH2004 1.1 to 1.3 patch and
DH2004ISV(dh2007)Missing Files) Confused  Confused:

P.s.I see that you Magnum have 1.1 Confused
Sniper_Austin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:03 pm Post subject: Re: Most memorable hunts? Reply with quote

My most memorable hunt........... I recorded mine and i would like to show it.
Link

Here are the deer taken in the vid.
Get registered or Log in
Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Visit Revolution-Mods.com Today
DeerKillers

italy.gif

votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:14 am Post subject: Re: Most memorable hunts? Reply with quote

Good job to all!
I think my most memorable hunt was 2 months ago, when i bagged that WR Blacktail Non Typical!
And this week too, because it's a lot challenging and when I bag a WR on these maps I am a lot happy! Smile

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Jesse James

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:23 pm Post subject: Re: Most memorable hunts? Reply with quote

This week has been a memorable hunt for me. Hope everyone else is having some luck.....

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

votes: 14

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:29 pm Post subject: Re: Most memorable hunts? Reply with quote

Drip bag, Fat Whitetail buck?, Nice!

Get registered or Log in
Jesse James

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:47 pm Post subject: Re: Most memorable hunts? Reply with quote

Yes

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Visit Detailed Designs Today
DeerKillers

italy.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:56 am Post subject: Re: Most memorable hunts? Reply with quote

Wow! That whitetail is sure a 230!!!

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Jesse James

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:20 pm Post subject: Re: Most memorable hunts? Reply with quote

Just got another rare, talk about luck, and on such a large map at that.
Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

votes: 14

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:25 pm Post subject: Re: Most memorable hunts? Reply with quote

WTG Dripbag! Thanks for putting the time in and making the tourney "Top Notch" in producing large & rare deer

Get registered or Log in
Vidar

norway.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:13 pm Post subject: Re: Most memorable hunts? Reply with quote

Wow!  WTG Dripbag!  

Love the screenies - myself I kinda favour the Axis one, talk about an almost complete circle antlerwise! Great going!

Wish I had that kind of trophies to submit   Shocked  .

Get registered or Log in
Visit Evo-Install Today
Mossyback_Moe

usa.gif

votes: 3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:35 pm Post subject: Re: Most memorable hunts? Reply with quote

Good job Drip. I don't think mine are quite that big.....lol

If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch...

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
(SWE)SHFila4

sweden.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:40 pm Post subject: Re: Most memorable hunts? Reply with quote

Nice Deer's Dripbag Wink
DeerKillers

italy.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:38 am Post subject: Re: Most memorable hunts? Reply with quote

Good job!

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view hagadoo.com Forum Index ->  General Talk All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: