Search for at
hagadoo.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Biweekly # 20 10-8 -10-22 2:pm est. -10-22 1pm est. DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:54 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Biweekly #19 09-24 - 10-08 Results DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:51 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Back after 8 Years Introduce yourself MarkGS 4 Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:55 am
MarkGS View latest post
Hunt #18 Results 9-10 -9-24 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:24 pm
REZ325 View latest post
BiWeekly Hunt # 19 9-24 -10-08 2:00pm est. -10-08 1:00pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 2 Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:36 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Moving House. General Talk DanthemanBoone 5 Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:34 am
Jimbo1952 View latest post
Hunt #17 Results 8-27 - 9-10 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:28 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Hunt # 18 9-10 2pm est - 9-24 est. DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:25 am
ron4560 View latest post

For the Record

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    hagadoo.com Forum Index -> General Talk
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magnum1973

usa.gif

votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:42 pm Post subject: For the Record Reply with quote

Since the conception of this site by Bob(hagadoo) the sole purpose was to create a friendly environment for people to participate in weekly hunts, download maps, get map making help and to just have an overall great place for people to hang out online.  For over a year now, since the loss of our original site, Ray and myself have been working tirelessly to rebuild the site, get the member count back up and to continue the intentions of Hagadoo.  There have been a few bumps in the road but I think overall we are on the right track.

Over the last year we have put up with cheap shots taken at us and the site by a small group of members.  I try not to let people get to me, so for the most part I just brushed these attacks off as being childish. I failed to realize that even though it didn't have an effect on me, that it might be bothering Ray and the rest of the members.  I apologize to Ray and any one else that may have put up with these childish attacks.  

I am here to say that they end today.  We will no longer be as tolerant to anyone who attacks the staff or any other member here.  It was not an easy thing to do but two of the members, who instigate most of these attacks have been notified that they are not welcome here right now and that their accounts are being suspended until further notice.  I hope that all will understand where we are coming from on this and will continue to participate in the hunts and so forth.  

If you have any questions or comments feel free to post them in this forum or send myself or Ray a pm.

Happy Hunting

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
James

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:27 am Post subject: Re: For the Record Reply with quote

way to go Mag. Come in and hunt with us when you can, I'd love to meet ya on TS...
Mickey

usa.gif

votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:32 am Post subject: Re: For the Record Reply with quote

[/b]I do feel bad that both mag and ray have taken shots for the great actions that they have gave to this site. I have been here from the start and seen alot of attacks to staff and new members.  We all have to stop and think this was always meant to be a fun activity. When we lose the fun we lose out on everything that this site has stood for these past years.  So maybe we can start anew and remember that this is meant for fun and friendship not to cause fights and name calling etc.  Good hunting to all.

Get registered or Log in
RutMaster

usa.gif

votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:50 am Post subject: Re: For the Record Reply with quote

Well said Mickey, that's pretty much how I would have put it. I would just like to add that I have been a part of some of the antics toward the 2 in question and regret having to defend some of the statements and comments made to me or other hunters. Maybe now we can get back to hunting and not having to defend ourselves, I also want to applaud Ray and Mag on this move. I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision to make. You guy's have done an AWESOME JOB and sometimes I wanted to strangle the 2 in question for their antics toward you guys and the site, but you handled it in a professional manner.....WELL DONE!! What is really cool is now maybe I can pop into the top 5 or 6 with 2 hunters gone!!! Laughing   Laughing

Get registered or Log in

Visit Revolution-Mods.com Today
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

votes: 14

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:07 pm Post subject: Re: For the Record Reply with quote

As and online hunting site Admin, I have talked to & hunted with, many people I have never met in my life. It was with great distress that I suspended 2 accounts, 2 hunters that have been with the site longer then I. 2 hunters that have won more, shot bigger deer, and out hunted us all at times.
I was initially recommended to become a moderator here by Jesse James. Jesse seen that I took the time to help hunters that showed up here asking for some help or info, with that he recommended me, Magnum agreed. It was always my goal to promote & make Hagadoo the best! From the first time I met Mickey (typing away LOL) in my server during my first team hunt hear (I lost! LOL) and getting a team speak channel to bring all the member back together in voice, I tried to make this fun, enjoyable, and just and all around nice place to hang out at & laugh!
Then because of a question that was asked by myself in the forums (I will not go into detail) Jesse became inflamed, said nasty stuff about the site & Magnum. he left at that point. A little bit later, another member left, with the same distaste that Jesse had. I let you guess his name. They left, there accounts were in good standing still. At the time Jesse & Mossy were running the hunts. Including me, there were only about 6 weekly entries submitted on a routine basis. This left Magnum & I holding the ball, running everything. Then the site totally went bye bye. Magnum scramble to get our site up and running again with in the week! I don't think we even missed a weekly hunt neither.
Jesse & Mossy both showed up a month or so later, with different names, when called out about it in the forums, once again stuff was said, the site was bashed and we were insulted. Because of the way Jesse & Mossy came back, we were going to ban them then, but we decided not too. We agreed to change there names back, and allow them to keep all there titles and achievements they earned here.
Now that Magnum put the site back together, & I was writing the hunts, our weekly numbers grew, our best was 17. These numbers are the best of any online hunting site out there for The Deer Hunter series.
Every mistake or mis-step I or Magnum would make, would be confronted directly in the forums by Mossy. At times, I felt that Mossy had a death wish for the site. I too told Jesse, if he was so good, then why not go start your own site! He never responded to my comment, but the insults and site bashing continued by Mossy & sometime Jesse continued, if not constant at times.
Against magnums wishes, I asked Jesse to come back on as staff here to help out, he declined as he had nothing good to say about Magnum. So that left Magnum & I to keep this growing site up, running, exciting, & new.
Now, about the latest battle in the forums, When I woke up Sunday morning, I was constantly checking the mail box for the team hunt entries. At 12 O'clock, I realized that I was only going to get 5 entries. I knew what I wrote in the standards for the team hunt, & immediately contacted Magnum about only having 5 entries.  I told him I wanted 7 entries to pay out the cash prize, as per the rules. He replied back telling me not to pay it out because of what I stated, & also to stop offering money for prizes. So why did the other teams not submit? Cufta from team cro hunt wrote me a PM a week earlier asking for the map. He said he was going on vacation and was taking his laptop with him and wanted to load the map on it so he could hunt the team hunt while on vacation. I wrote him back and told him "no", because some (mostly & only Mossy) would complain about "unfair advantages"! So I was not expecting and entry from them. The 2 other teams (both very skilled hunters) did not submit, I do not know why??? As far as Jesse statement about the hunt being crystal clear, I felt it was (but I write the standards, there for I know them the best) Hunts are always posted in the content blocks to the left or special blocks at the top of the site, never in the forum. The forums are used to answer question, explain the hunts if necessary, never used to post the standards. Well as you know, all hell broke loose over what was posted in the forums, verses what was posted in the hunt block. Team Renegade thought they got ripped off, and instead of confronting me about it in a PM, they took it straight to the forums, attempting once again to defame the site, Magnum & I. At that point, Mag & I hit the "fed up o meter"! As of last night I suspended there accounts, for how long, IDK?
If you do not believe in and support Hagadoo, I do not have a problem with that, just please leave. If you have major issues, please send me a PM, I will resolve it. Those that have sent me PM's in the past, know this to be true. Please do not aire out your dirty laundry in the forums.
I believe, and will do anything (to include give up my hard earned cash) to support, promote, & make our site number 1 & the best, I hope all feel the same.
Now, lets get back to hunting, and killing some deer.................

-REZ325-

Get registered or Log in
James

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:57 pm Post subject: Re: For the Record Reply with quote

Well put Ray... Just tell me how ta get one of those fancy smancy signatures and avatars! ha!!
Magnum1973

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:32 am Post subject: Re: For the Record Reply with quote

James @ Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:57 pm wrote:
Well put Ray... Just tell me how ta get one of those fancy smancy signatures and avatars! ha!!

Send me a pm James and tell me what you want your sig to look like.  I should be able to wip something up.  I made Mickey's, JCT's,Deerkillers, RutMasters and mine.  And those were before I was any good. lol

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
JCT

Location: Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia right in the center of Southamerica
bolivia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:44 am Post subject: Re: For the Record Reply with quote

Hey Magnum are you telling me that the one that you had mede me is Ugly  Laughing  Laughing

Get registered or Log in
Visit Nuke Evolution Today
Magnum1973

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:15 am Post subject: Re: For the Record Reply with quote

JCT @ Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:44 am wrote:
Hey Magnum are you telling me that the one that you had mede me is Ugly  Laughing  Laughing

Actually I kind of like that one.  Might have to steal it for myself. loljk

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
DeerKillers

italy.gif

votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:36 pm Post subject: Re: For the Record Reply with quote

Mag, the sig you made for me is AWESOME! Smile

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view hagadoo.com Forum Index ->  General Talk All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: