Search for at
hagadoo.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Topgun Week # 2/BiWeekly # 22 11-5 -11-19 3 pm est -2 pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:57 pm
miriambrenda View latest post
recording and screenshots Info, questions and suggestions for hunts. cowboy 3 Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:08 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post
Biweekly #19 09-24 - 10-08 Results DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:23 pm
Vic View latest post
PM's General Talk REZ325 1 Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:17 pm
alot of dh2005 questions Deer Hunter 2005 cowboy 6 Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:33 pm
REZ325 View latest post
Results Topgun Week 1/Biweekly #21 10-22 -11-5 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:35 pm
ron4560 View latest post
1st Deer with a Bow Deer Hunter 2005 jummpy123 2 Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:16 pm
Result Hunt Biweekly Hunt # 20 10-08-10-22 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 2 Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:16 pm
ron4560 View latest post

DH 2004 Map With Lots of Roads & map making questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    hagadoo.com Forum Index -> Deer Hunter 2004 and ISV .
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
jummpy123

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:54 pm Post subject: Re: DH 2004 Map With Lots of Roads Reply with quote

Precalculating illumination...for the third time....I know where I went wrong the first two times....third times a charm...i hope...these 5+ hour waits are killing me!
jummpy123

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:04 am Post subject: Re: DH 2004 Map With Lots of Roads Reply with quote

Umm, is there any way to submit maps without using FileZilla? Based on the reviews the installer installs malware, so I'd rather not Razz
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

votes: 14

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:48 am Post subject: Re: DH 2004 Map With Lots of Roads Reply with quote

There is nothing wrong using FileZilla. Just down load it from a trusted site and when installing, just don't click through all the screens with out first reading them. It's those screens which add third party advertising malware to pay for the free service. Just un click those items and proceed. I think I got mine from cnet.

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in
Jimbo1952

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:37 am Post subject: Re: DH 2004 Map With Lots of Roads Reply with quote

Like Ray said, read each page. I've never had a problem with filezilla.
Visit Evo-File Today
jummpy123

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:13 am Post subject: Re: DH 2004 Map With Lots of Roads Reply with quote

Alright I may try getting it later today. Does anyone know why my Scrshot, GameMap and GameMinimap.png files aren't showing up in game? They are all the right dimensions according to the help file.
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:49 pm Post subject: Re: DH 2004 Map With Lots of Roads Reply with quote

your screenshot, game map, game minimap, interface map and loadingBG must all be in JPEG format,
When you add them to the map folder the computer should tell you there is already a file with that name in the folder and ask if you wish to replace the existing file. You need to confirm the file replacement,

If that does not happen and the file goes straight into the map folder, it usually means the file is in the wrong format, or you have misspelled the new file name or not used upper and lower case correctly or have a space in the wrong place,
Check your filenames carefully and make sure the files are JPEG, if they are not you will have to convert them in a photo editing program.
In most cases using save as  ,,, then choose Jpeg from the dropdown menu .. will fix it.

Filenames and sizes for screen pics in Dh2004 are as follows

gamemap              1024 x 1024
gameminimap      256 x 256
scrshot                     256 x 256
If you make a custom hfield map it must be
a Png grayscale at 640 by 640

If you have run  the lights and the lightmaps have errored you will have to add a complete new set of blank lightmaps.
Make a new map folder in the editor and name it spares.
Do not use this folder for anything else.

Delete all the lightmaps from the folder you are working on
Coppy and paste the complete set of lightmaps from the spares folder to the map folder that has gone wrong.
Then run the lights again.

If you cancel the lightmap operation you will loose the lightmaps that have not been completely processed.
You can check the lightmap numbers and replace only those that are missing as an alternative.

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jummpy123

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:46 pm Post subject: Re: DH 2004 Map With Lots of Roads Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help, you guys are awesome! Mind if I ask 1 last question? If I want to make a dynamic grass layer(on my grass texture layer), will it grow on my road I have "paved"(I used the brush tool to make the road, so it is on top of the grass layer)
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:52 pm Post subject: Re: DH 2004 Map With Lots of Roads Reply with quote

Warning to all new mapmakers

Never trust the editor.

Both Dh2004 and Dh2005 editors are inherently unstable and will take great delight at crashing and destroying all your work.
They were designed to run with XP and become even less trustworthy in vista, win7 and win8

Whenever you successfully complete a section of the map, planting trees, making a river, adding objects etc save your work.
Top left. ,, File ...Save.

If you make a mistake or something goes wrong , close the editor without saving.
When you reopen it will be back at your last save.
At the end of a session, if all has gone well, open the game  and save a copy of your folder to desktop.

If the editor crashes and you lose or cant open the map, simply delete it and paste the saved copy back into the game.
That way you will not lose all your work but can resume with the saved folder from your last session..

When making maps I keep a folder with the map copy and all files I have made and added to the map so I can recover from any major mishap.

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Visit Evo-File Today
jummpy123

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:55 pm Post subject: Re: DH 2004 Map With Lots of Roads Reply with quote

Yes I keep a backup as well.
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:01 pm Post subject: Re: DH 2004 Map With Lots of Roads Reply with quote

jummpy123 @ Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:46 pm wrote:
Thanks for all the help, you guys are awesome! Mind if I ask 1 last question? If I want to make a dynamic grass layer(on my grass texture layer), will it grow on my road I have "paved"(I used the brush tool to make the road, so it is on top of the grass layer)

You may get some spillage depending on how much density you set on the dynamic grass.
One thing that will help is to remove the grass layer from under the road texture
Just use the same size brush you used to texture the road.
Choose the grass texture and run the brush along the road with the right mouse button depressed.
That will remove the grass texture from under the road texture.
In future remove all textures along the road line before you lay the road texture.

Get registered or Log in
Jimbo1952

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:53 pm Post subject: Re: DH 2004 Map With Lots of Roads & map making question Reply with quote

A lot of times I add another narrow layer along the road as a shoulder between the grass and road and that should keep it from spilling onto the road.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view hagadoo.com Forum Index ->  Deer Hunter 2004 and ISV . All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: