Search for at
hagadoo.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Topgun Week #4/BiWeekly # 24 12-10 12pm est.-12--24 1pm est. DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:35 am
ron4560 View latest post
Balloons in Silly Snake DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:16 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post
Topgun Week #4/BiWeekly # 24 12-3 -12-17 CANCELLED DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 7 Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:14 am
ron4560 View latest post
Toggun#3/Biweekly #23 11-19-12-3 Results DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:04 am
ron4560 View latest post
1st Deer with a Bow Deer Hunter 2005 jummpy123 3 Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:42 pm
ron4560 View latest post
alot of dh2005 questions Deer Hunter 2005 cowboy 8 Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:07 pm
ron4560 View latest post
recording and screenshots Info, questions and suggestions for hunts. cowboy 4 Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:55 pm
cowboy View latest post
Topgun Week # 2/BiWeekly # 22 11-5 -11-19 3 pm est -2 pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 2 Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:52 pm
ron4560 View latest post

Fall or autumn maps
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    hagadoo.com Forum Index -> Deer Hunter 2005
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
AroundSun

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:23 pm Post subject: Fall or autumn maps Reply with quote

Hey everyone.  New user here.  Just started hunting in Deer Hunter 2005 again, and for the first time am downloading custom maps.  Was curious if there were any fall or autumn style maps.  Preferably with orange/brown/dark red colored leaves covering the ground, pine needle mounds/patches, areas covered with leaves, and trees that are leafless/almost leafless.  Also trees that have remaining leaves with a dark red, yellow, bright green, and orange style coloring.  Just fall-like.  Thick wooded areas and open grass areas covered with leaves on the ground.  I have not seen any fall-style maps in the dozens I have downloaded.  I was looking for a New York style forest is available.

If not, how easy would it be to make?  How easy would it be for ME to make?  Thanks

http://www.vpwallpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Autumn-Sunset-11.jpg

http://canadianmusichalloffame.ca/media/2014/09/Autumn1.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/88/Hapgood_Pond_-_Flickr_-_USDAgov.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-LIYcrEaKtRE/UmDxiN56OiI/AAAAAAAADWs/3vTCSykaKEo/s1600/101_5743.JPG

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJp0eT0HmODCsN19O1I4LemuAPpsNYADTmAnE4a8E881i187V2wQ
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:58 pm Post subject: Re: Fall or autumn maps Reply with quote

The whole purpose behind introducing the Hybrid maps was to make available the colours that were included in the DH2004 maps able to be used in the DH2005 maps.
All of the 04 vegetation models and textures can now be included in maps made in the 05 editor
To get hybrid maps working in DH2005 you need to download the patch and install it into your standard Dh2005 game.
The patch is available here
http://www.hagadoo.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=1065

It is a big download and the site is sometimes slow and the download may not complete. Then when you try to open the zip it may tell you the download is corrupt. If that happens you can download it direct from my Google drive here.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Gy9yYp7Vv8LTJsRDV0c01jb1E/view?usp=sharing

The patch is self installing, open the zip on your desktop and double click the installer. Provided you game is in your c drive it will install correctly.
Once the patch is installed you can make hybrid maps as the files will be available in your editor as well.
The Map Editor is also available from the hagadoo site or on my Google drive here.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Gy9yYp7Vv8c3JPNl92V0tHcjg/view?usp=sharing

The maps can be downloaded from site.
Go to files at the top of the main page and open the hybrid directory and browse for your choice.
The first map ever made with the hybrid patch is called Whitetails on Fire, a three season map with the autumn files used in the Rut map.

Other maps have been made by several map makers but not all mapmakers will utilise the Autumn models in every map.
You will have to find them, most probably as Rut maps or where there is a three season map offered.

A few of my own better Hybrid map efforts are

Beaver Creek Adirondack... (New York State inspired Whitetails)
Virginia Woods.,,  ( Virginian inspired Whitetails )
Copperhead Road ...( Tennessee inspired Whitetails)
Memories Of Michigan .. ( Guess where... Whitetails )
Kansas 2014.. ( Damn Whitetails again.)

All of those maps listed use three distinct seasonal settings, a pre rut Rut and post rut settings.
Download and install the seasons you require,
IE
pre rut.. summer/late summer
rut .. Autumn
post rut .. winter
They are all resource intensive and would need to be played on low settings on older computers.
Provided you have a modern computer and a good video card you will have no problems playing on the games ultra settings.

If you have any install problems get back to us here.
And.. do get back to let us know how you get on, or ask for some more recommendations from site members.

Have fun

Virginia Woods.. RUT
Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

Copperhead Road .. Post rut
Get registered or Log in

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

votes: 14

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:40 pm Post subject: Re: Fall or autumn maps Reply with quote

Lucky made a map that won a map makers competition here a few years back. It got my vote cause it had falling leaves from the trees. Sorry though, can't remember name or species Sad
It was an autumn theme if memory serves me right.

Get registered or Log in
jummpy123

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:08 pm Post subject: Re: Fall or autumn maps Reply with quote

DanthemanBoone @ Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:58 pm wrote:
The whole purpose behind introducing the Hybrid maps was to make available the colours that were included in the DH2004 maps able to be used in the DH2005 maps.
All of the 04 vegetation models and textures can now be included in maps made in the 05 editor
To get hybrid maps working in DH2005 you need to download the patch and install it into your standard Dh2005 game.
The patch is available here
http://www.hagadoo.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=1065

It is a big download and the site is sometimes slow and the download may not complete. Then when you try to open the zip it may tell you the download is corrupt. If that happens you can download it direct from my Google drive here.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Gy9yYp7Vv8LTJsRDV0c01jb1E/view?usp=sharing

The patch is self installing, open the zip on your desktop and double click the installer. Provided you game is in your c drive it will install correctly.
Once the patch is installed you can make hybrid maps as the files will be available in your editor as well.
The Map Editor is also available from the hagadoo site or on my Google drive here.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Gy9yYp7Vv8c3JPNl92V0tHcjg/view?usp=sharing

The maps can be downloaded from site.
Go to files at the top of the main page and open the hybrid directory and browse for your choice.
The first map ever made with the hybrid patch is called Whitetails on Fire, a three season map with the autumn files used in the Rut map.

Other maps have been made by several map makers but not all mapmakers will utilise the Autumn models in every map.
You will have to find them, most probably as Rut maps or where there is a three season map offered.

A few of my own better Hybrid map efforts are

Beaver Creek Adirondack... (New York State inspired Whitetails)
Virginia Woods.,,  ( Virginian inspired Whitetails )
Copperhead Road ...( Tennessee inspired Whitetails)
Memories Of Michigan .. ( Guess where... Whitetails )
Kansas 2014.. ( Damn Whitetails again.)

All of those maps listed use three distinct seasonal settings, a pre rut Rut and post rut settings.
Download and install the seasons you require,
IE
pre rut.. summer/late summer
rut .. Autumn
post rut .. winter
They are all resource intensive and would need to be played on low settings on older computers.
Provided you have a modern computer and a good video card you will have no problems playing on the games ultra settings.

If you have any install problems get back to us here.
And.. do get back to let us know how you get on, or ask for some more recommendations from site members.

Have fun

Virginia Woods.. RUT
Get registered or Log in

Copperhead Road .. Post rut
Get registered or Log in

How'd you get that nice graphics? my game looks nothing like that :/ I have it on ultra settings too
Visit DarkForge Graphics.com Today
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:30 pm Post subject: Re: Fall or autumn maps Reply with quote

REZ325 @ Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:40 am wrote:
Lucky made a map that won a map makers competition here a few years back. It got my vote cause it had falling leaves from the trees. Sorry though, can't remember name or species Sad

Might it have been Pole Canyon? .... DH2005 hybrid mule maps.

At Jumpy
I run my game on a 32 inch screen , standard acer desktop, quad core, 8gb ram, AMD Radeon dual graphics...  using 1gb graphic card combined with512mb onboard  by using Xfire. No Overclocking.
Dont forget as well as the game settings (Below) you may also be able to fine tune the display on your graphics card to enhance colour, brightness gamma, saturation etc until you get the best results

Here are my game settings
Get registered or Log in

By the way jumpy , I have left you a private message in your message box here on site.

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AroundSun

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:53 am Post subject: Re: Fall or autumn maps Reply with quote

Dan The Man Boone!

You're a life saver!  Thank you so much for the fast response and the detailed information.  I would never have downloaded the patch without your help.  The patch downloaded very fast, and there were no errors at all.  The installation was flawless.  I downloaded every single map you guided me to, and I love them.  They are exactly what I was looking for.  I will be looking for more Autumn Rut maps that resemble my New York woods.  But those maps are great, colorful, plenty of leaves, and overall beautiful.  I am so glad I now understand what a hybrid map is, and am so glad I can now download them.  This website and community are great.  Maybe sometime we can hunt online together.  Your Virginia Rut map I just scored a 300 lb buck! Thanks again for sharing your knowledge, being very helpful, and for uploading these great maps for us to use for free!  Very professional and I am sure they were time consuming to make.

If any other members have any suggestions or recommendations to other fall-style maps, maybe dead green trees with leaves all over the ground and pine needles like New York, please let me know.

Thanks again for your help Dan the man.  Id love to play a session with you and pick your brain some more on Deer Hunter in general.
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:10 pm Post subject: Re: Fall or autumn maps Reply with quote

DanthemanBoone @ Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:30 pm wrote:

I run my game on a 32 inch screen , standard acer desktop, quad core, 8gb ram, AMD Radeon dual graphics...  using 1gb graphic card combined with512mb onboard  by using Xfire. No Overclocking.

Dang Dan, did you hit the Lotto? You upgraded well since we last talked and you moved.

Nope. This map was done before the Hybrid patch was introduced. I can't remember if you made a map for entry either.

Get registered or Log in
ron4560
Site Owner
Legend
Past Legend

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:20 pm Post subject: Re: Fall or autumn maps Reply with quote

REZ325 @ Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:10 pm wrote:

Dang Dan, did you hit the Lotto? You upgraded well since we last talked and you moved.

Nope. This map was done before the Hybrid patch was introduced. I can't remember if you made a map for entry either.

I got nothing Crying or Very sad   Dang Dan you went all out

Get registered or Log in
Visit Detailed Designs Today
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:21 pm Post subject: Re: Fall or autumn maps Reply with quote

REZ325 @ Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:40 am wrote:

Was it This one then.?
It was Lucky's entry in the 2009 map makers comp.

It was the last comp the site ran, just before I Joined.
There hasnt been another one since I have been on site.

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:38 pm Post subject: Re: Fall or autumn maps Reply with quote

Yes, That's the one! Even though it was not east coast an autumn map, the fall color leaves falling to the ground made it a pretty map.

Get registered or Log in
ron4560
Site Owner
Legend
Past Legend

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:25 pm Post subject: Re: Fall or autumn maps Reply with quote

Get registered or Log in
[/quote]  

Sounds Like Dan the Man is ready for another Map Comp Cool

Get registered or Log in
Jimbo1952

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:14 pm Post subject: Re: Fall or autumn maps Reply with quote

That might be fun Ron. I missed out on them too.
Visit RealmDesignz Today
jummpy123

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:12 pm Post subject: Re: Fall or autumn maps Reply with quote

ron4560 @ Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:25 pm wrote:

Get registered or Log in

Sounds Like Dan the Man is ready for another Map Comp Cool[/quote]
Where can i find that map? I searched but couldn't find it, it is a nice map tho.
Jimbo1952

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:28 pm Post subject: Re: Fall or autumn maps Reply with quote

Jummpy, that would be under dh2005 maps Blacktail (not the hybrid).
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:57 am Post subject: Re: Fall or autumn maps Reply with quote

Here
http://www.hagadoo.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=657

Get registered or Log in
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view hagadoo.com Forum Index ->  Deer Hunter 2005 All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: