Search for at
hagadoo.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Topgun Week # 2/BiWeekly # 22 11-5 -11-19 3 pm est -2 pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:57 pm
miriambrenda View latest post
recording and screenshots Info, questions and suggestions for hunts. cowboy 3 Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:08 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post
Biweekly #19 09-24 - 10-08 Results DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:23 pm
Vic View latest post
PM's General Talk REZ325 1 Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:17 pm
alot of dh2005 questions Deer Hunter 2005 cowboy 6 Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:33 pm
REZ325 View latest post
Results Topgun Week 1/Biweekly #21 10-22 -11-5 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:35 pm
ron4560 View latest post
1st Deer with a Bow Deer Hunter 2005 jummpy123 2 Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:16 pm
Result Hunt Biweekly Hunt # 20 10-08-10-22 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 2 Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:16 pm
ron4560 View latest post

Is It Time Yet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    hagadoo.com Forum Index -> Site Announcements
 View previous topic :: View next topic  

ShouldWe Change Over to The Hunter?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 10

REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

votes: 14

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:57 pm Post subject: Is It Time Yet? Reply with quote

My friends, DH2005 is almost ten years old, a dinosaur in gaming years. Hagadoo has been supporting her since 2006! I'll ask this question once again, should we change over to The Hunter? The Hunter has came a long way and it is subscription based, although there is still free play. Our weekly numbers have dwindled away to only a few playing. The biggest interest is our download section of the site.
So I will do the poll again;
Hunter, Yes or No
Thoughts?
comments?

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

Last edited by REZ325 on Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
gas56
Map Maker

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:06 am Post subject: Re: Is It Time Yet? Reply with quote

I would try running a trial base just to see how many players you get for the hunter????      But it wouldn't hurt to make a change....The download section would still be open for the other games???   The worst that could happen is that you could get only a few people to play it........But that is what you're getting now.........So it couldn't hurt to make a change Smile    ..... I play neither game now....but have played both and the hunter needs a lot of work in it's gameplay to give it a positive response......just to say lets call some Ringneck roosters..... Say AGAIN? Laughing  I have never called/hunted like that in real life....I guess that's their equivalent of having a dog along....... and a machine to I.D. your prey?  Shocked  You shouldn't be hunting at all if you can't recognize a deer from a hog?    And a yearly subscription of $59.99 to hunt all species?    If you play it as long as you've played DH2005 You'd have $100's of dollars in the game.   That's too much money for my enjoyment, even though I could buy it,  I'm not that stupid to give away my money to a game that needs a lot of work done on it.  I've never believed in games as you play you pay.  Once you pay for the product,  you should get the whole bundle and never have to pay for it again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again,  and again, and again, and again Confused   but I hope you get my point. Idea  I always thought a hunting game was made by real hunters and the more experienced in real life should be the same in the game. Because you know what to expect.  and if it doesn't it's just trash.    Even deer hunter 2005 needed more work on the Deer A.I. but they had the basics. Which still draws people to play it.  But What's best for business are 2 different things.

Last edited by gas56 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:58 pm; edited 5 times in total
TrueSniper

uk.gif

votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:02 am Post subject: Re: Is It Time Yet? Reply with quote

I would have to agree with Gas56, whats the worst that could happen? only a handful of players entering? which is what we have now. But on the other hand there could be a lot once word spreads. Although I will be sad to see DH2005 go, you have to draw the line somewhere. For me personally my vote is to go with thehunter, I have been playing it for the past few months now and I think it is an awesome game worthy of taking the place of our old loved friend.

Get registered or Log in
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:33 pm Post subject: Re: Is It Time Yet? Reply with quote

YES

I would definitely like to see a shift to more active support of theHunter.
This does not mean that support for the deer hunter series or trophy hunter 2003 should cease.
I have only today started supporting ANOTHER  new map maker for DH2005.

We could start off with a weekly or biweekly competition that runs in conjunction with the dh2005 comps, or even alternate, and see where the greater amount of interest lies.
The 2 Bear species, Wild boar and Feral Pigs, 5 Deer species, Elk, Moose, Coyotes and Foxes ensures plenty of varirety to suit all type of hunting preferences.

The latest  addition of duck hunting to the hunter, and the new 'Ragarou Bayou' hunting area it is set in, has proved to be an amazing success.
The additional game play is similar to the Bird Hiunter 2003 game but better graphics. A.I. , and smoother interface has resulted in the best bird hunting game I have ever played..
Now there are  Mallards, along with Turkey and Pheasant in game at the moment, more birds will be added and the game will continue to be refined and polished as players comments and suggestions are taken into consideration.

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Visit RealmDesignz Today
KyBuckmaster

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:38 am Post subject: Re: Is It Time Yet? Reply with quote

Well Guys and Gals I've just started hunting again. I've tried the hunter with that new gaming PC I had and for someone that is penny to penny I would say NO. I 'M back to old pc because the gaming pc was not all that and sold it to go on vacation to Virginia beach. And so glad I did best memory I've got. But back to the hunter I'd say no because money and with money you able to get more so to me and no money it would be a little unfair as far as I understand it KyBuckmaster. All I can say is that you always grow like to see your site grow. All I know for sure is I miss the old days when there was a lot of talking on TS talking to Family because it sure was a happier time. And I was going to make some more stuff but if its going to change what the use.      ALL I CAN SAY IS I'VE BEEN A HAGADOO HUNTER OFF AND ON BUT I STILL LIKE TO SEE IT GROW.  Maybe its me the change is hard for a old fart like me I guess lol

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Jimbo1952

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:38 am Post subject: Re: Is It Time Yet? Reply with quote

I'm pretty much in the same boat as KY. I own the game but as a retired person on fixed income can't afford the computer upgrade to run it. I understand there is not much interest for site owners to support a site that truly isn't getting as much support from it's members as it has in years past. But I have noticed that the more the weekly's got more confusing, the less people were hunting them. I mean most of us after a long day of work enjoyed coming home and doing a little relaxing hunting, and to throw in a little competition between friends was fun. But when you have to go back several times to re read the hunt instructions, so as not to make a mistake or pull out your calculator to figure up your hunt, well that should be left for the Top Gun hunts. Maybe taking the hunts back to the basics might help...don't know. As a musician for most of my life you live by one simple rule in making music. K.I.S.S. Keep. It. Simple. Stupid. That all being said I guess what I'm really trying to say is, I've invested a lot of time making maps and learning to make models, but if DH2005 is gone there is not much reason for me to visit the site at all until I  can upgrade my computer. I do see we still get new members almost daily based on DH2005...so maybe if we go back to the basics...Just sayin'. Guess my vote at this point would be a NO.  
bongfood

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:54 am Post subject: Re: Is It Time Yet? Reply with quote

what is this hunter game and or where could i download?
gas56
Map Maker

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:54 am Post subject: Re: Is It Time Yet? Reply with quote

@Bongfood    This question should have been in the general forum....   It's another hunting game for birds and animals.          Just type "The Hunter" into your browser,  the top result should be "THE HUNTER GAME".    Just click on "No Account? Sign UP"  There you can Register and download to play it for free. OR just type into your browser .....     www.thehunter.com/      to go to their home page.  Smile
Visit Evo-File Today
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:48 pm Post subject: Re: Is It Time Yet? Reply with quote

Jay 1990
Your post has been moved to here
http://www.hagadoo.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=16014#16014

For bongfood, (and any one else interested)
To learn more about theHunter go to this thread and follow the links.
http://www.hagadoo.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=16017#16017

We also have some posts,video and photo information in our forum section dedicated to the game Here

http://www.hagadoo.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=15

Look below the main forum panel and choose the forum subject from theHunter list

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lucky
Map Maker

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:12 am Post subject: Re: Is It Time Yet? Reply with quote

Initially I was opposed to the Idea because TheHunter had no multi-player but it has evolved now and
is a great addition.   I recently started competitions at another site because Hagadoo had none.  I
think it is time for Hagadoo to at least give both a try and see which wins out.  

For me the graphics and game play and the variety of animals in TheHunter are a plus and with multi-player hunts could
be like they was in the old days of DH2005. I still plan on being active in both but to tell you the truth
after urging from some other Hagadoo members I purchased a package for TheHunter and  in my book
for interest in bringing up the competition numbers it will win hands down.

Get registered or Log in
Get registered or Log in
ron4560
Site Owner
Legend
Past Legend

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:05 am Post subject: Re: Is It Time Yet? Reply with quote

Is it Time Yet? Only You have Control over that Very Happy
Think we all know what my opinion is Crying or Very sad  
Will we have to purchase or will we hunt the same Island over & over?
Upgrade to a New CP  then find out it's not all it's hyped up to be!
We have the Members to keep 05 going if they would just Hunt every now and then Crying or Very sad  
Hell we have more Staff then Hunters Surprised , so join in

Get registered or Log in
hitman

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:22 am Post subject: Re: Is It Time Yet? Reply with quote

Heres my 2 cents,

DH2005 was ahead of its time for the PC when it was released, it could run on a really crappy Intel card, yet could still look great with a high end system. I literally played the heck out of this game and its also what introduced me to online gaming. I remember spending countless hours being up all night playing.

Here is what was great about DH2005, you paid $25 at the most and could play online for free, no restrictions, no micro transactions, no pay to win. Go look at Amazon, or anyother site selling it, people are still buying this game, and reviewing it as well!

What the heck happened to that? The hunter while the graphics are amazing, I cant see people paying to play even on a yearly fee, yes there is a free area, but what happened to buying the game $25-60 and that's it?

Also The Hunter requires a mid range computer, if you want to have fun, and keep up anyways. I would play the free area if there were some people I knew, and if it seemed like it was taking off, but I do not buy into "subscriptions" or yearly fees.

As others have said try both and see? Couldnt hurt...
Visit Evo-Hacks Today
gas56
Map Maker

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:17 am Post subject: Re: Is It Time Yet? Reply with quote

Well,   so far there are 4 negative but only 2 votes as of this date,  so if you want to be heard put your vote in ......  
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view hagadoo.com Forum Index ->  Site Announcements All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: