Search for at
hagadoo.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Topgun #3 /BiWeekly 11-19 - 2:00 pm est. - 12-3 2:00 pm est. DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:49 pm
ron4560 View latest post
recording and screenshots Info, questions and suggestions for hunts. cowboy 4 Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:55 pm
cowboy View latest post
Topgun Week # 2/BiWeekly # 22 11-5 -11-19 3 pm est -2 pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 2 Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:52 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Biweekly #19 09-24 - 10-08 Results DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:23 pm
Vic View latest post
PM's General Talk REZ325 1 Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:17 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post
alot of dh2005 questions Deer Hunter 2005 cowboy 6 Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:33 pm
REZ325 View latest post
Results Topgun Week 1/Biweekly #21 10-22 -11-5 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:35 pm
ron4560 View latest post
1st Deer with a Bow Deer Hunter 2005 jummpy123 2 Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:16 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post

Would you like to see Hagadoo host hunter competitions

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    hagadoo.com Forum Index -> The Hunter
 View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you like to see theHunter competitions
Yes
60%
 60%  [ 6 ]
No
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

trulight

blank.gif

votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:47 am Post subject: Would you like to see Hagadoo host hunter competitions Reply with quote

Please cast your vote.

Remember this is just an inquiry, to see if there is interest.

Need Photography Work Done, and I'm in your area?
Sam Ives Photography

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in
Vic
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:30 pm Post subject: Re: Would you like to see Hagadoo host hunter competitions Reply with quote

Sure I have never been on the hunter or played the game but I might when the new computer arrives! Very Happy

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger MySpace Profile: http://www.myspace.com/Grrrrlacher
ron4560
Site Owner
Legend
Past Legend

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:08 pm Post subject: Re: Would you like to see Hagadoo host hunter competitions Reply with quote

WHY Question Doesn't the hunter have a web site! So why would what to mix up the hunter with our DH2005 Rolling Eyes

Get registered or Log in
trulight

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:27 pm Post subject: Re: Would you like to see Hagadoo host hunter competitions Reply with quote

Because times change ron, remember when hagadoo was hosting deer hunter 04 Razz

Sam Ives Photography

Get registered or Log in
Visit Evo-File Today
trulight

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:32 pm Post subject: Re: Would you like to see Hagadoo host hunter competitions Reply with quote

Furthermore, let's look at the trends happening right now with 05.  There is usually next to nobody in the TS
anymore, there are 7 people turning in entries, how long before it's 2 or 3?  We need a new influx of players
otherwise hagadoo will go the way of the ghost, and just be a resource center for 05 materials.

How fun would bi-weekly hunts be if there were only 3 people eventually.

We need new blood.

Also unlike 05 they are actively updating/changing fixing it and keeping cheaters out, it hasn't been modded
so you know EVERYONE is on a fair playing field.

The competition for free players going on right now at theHunter is

Heavy Hitter - Starter

The average weight of your top 3 heaviest Mule Deer will count as your competition entry. Highest average wins.

There are 698 people registered for it.

Sam Ives Photography

Get registered or Log in
ron4560
Site Owner
Legend
Past Legend

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:57 pm Post subject: Re: Would you like to see Hagadoo host hunter competitions Reply with quote

You asked a Simple ? And you got a simple answer! Dh 2004 2007 2005 were all DH.
So what you saying is when 2005 no longer has enough players the site will be gone!
Well I think that will be up to ray if he wants to switch to the hunter,I don't play the Hunter and
like Hagadoo just the way it is! Let the hunter be the hunter and hagadoo be hagadoo until Ray decides to change it.
If you and all the others that use Hagadoos resources would send in a weekly /Bi  we would have plenty of Hunters Very Happy
Mayde the answer would be no entries no resourcses/TS Cool

Get registered or Log in
trulight

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:08 pm Post subject: Re: Would you like to see Hagadoo host hunter competitions Reply with quote

I've played 05 for 8 years man, as well as a lot of the other hunters here that are still around.
A lot of us just don't play it no more.  Because of many different reasons.

I'm not saying hagadoo would be gone by any means bro :)

I'm just saying that Hagadoo can be more then just an 05 site, and it can easily be both.  That's all
I was meaning to say.  Nothing says it's only DH series Razz.  If times change, then sites need to change
with it.  We don't have to drop all of the old, but we have to keep moving with the new as well.  Otherwise
it becomes stagnant.  

I like it here too Ron4560, my biggest problem with 05/competitions is there is just no way of knowing if everyone is
on the same playing field, the game has been completely taken apart, combine that with hot loading, and every thing
else, I just don't see how it's competitive/fun.

Pretty much EVERY old player that used to play in hunting groups with 05 have moved on, and the reason it's been 05
so long is because there weren't really any other competitive options.  And with the new trophy system the hunter is
using you can integrate the competitions with individual hunting groups.

Also when you said when hagadoo had no players it would be gone, that's not what i said.  I said that if the players were gone
the competitions would be gone, and it would be an 05 resource site.

Even before gamespy let the game go, there were maybe 10 players on 20-30 servers at best.

Sam Ives Photography

Get registered or Log in
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:28 am Post subject: Re: Would you like to see Hagadoo host hunter competitions Reply with quote

Hagadoo has been supportive of 'the hunter since its inception.

For those who are interested there is a whole section devoted to the hunter in our archives.
http://www.hagadoo.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=15
Reading through those old  posts will establish a good background on this  sites involvment with the hunter.

There was always going to be a time when Dh2005 would begin to decline and our administrators way back then had the forsight to put us in a position of alliance with "the hunter administration" with the idea that the time would come when the hunter could become part of the options provided at hagadoo.

My understanding is that, while progress has been slow in developing the game along the lines of  gameplay and competition, and to the point of acceptable quality, a number of hagadoo members have been quietly working away to make it happen.

The DH 2005 experience can not go very much further than where it is, For 05 to move forward there needs to be a committment on the part of the players to invest in better computers which will let mapmakers take the graphics as far as can be allowed. But then the competitive nature of the weeklies mean that so many are still playing the game on the lowest settings possible.
That is a frustration for me and no doubt many other mapmakers who are restricted in how far we can go, by the needs of low end computer owners and competiters who use the low end settings included for low end computer users, for no other reason than to make a win more achevable.

With the hunter and its current competition structure there is an opportunity to use any given existing competition as a basis for our weekly hunts, or to use the game for setting up our own competitions. All results from all hunts are recorded on the website and individual hunters can forward the links of their results in the same way we forward our screenshots and DHTs.

Dh2005 competitions can still be run in parallel with any New hunter based competitions. Other ex Dh2005 websites have made the move and most are having good results.
The hunter should not be seen as the end of hagadoo but rather as a possible further extension to what is already a most excellent site.

Trulight has made a post that addresses an issue that is neither new nor unconsidered here at hagadoo. Some aspects of the game profile were of concern back then and currently remain so. The absence of the Multiplayer module was seen as one such prime issue.
It is possible that the timing is premature for this discussion to be taking place, but since it is out there, I will say that given all the facts regarding both the possible  decline of  DH2005, and the progress being made with 'the hunter",  I myself would  be supportive of such a move providing that was wish of sufficient other members.

At the same time I will continue to support Hagadoo with DH2005 content and administrative responsibility.

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Visit Revolution-Mods.com Today
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view hagadoo.com Forum Index ->  The Hunter All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: