Search for at
hagadoo.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Biweekly # 20 10-8 -10-22 2:pm est. -10-22 1pm est. DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:54 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Biweekly #19 09-24 - 10-08 Results DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:51 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Back after 8 Years Introduce yourself MarkGS 4 Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:55 am
MarkGS View latest post
Hunt #18 Results 9-10 -9-24 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:24 pm
REZ325 View latest post
BiWeekly Hunt # 19 9-24 -10-08 2:00pm est. -10-08 1:00pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 2 Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:36 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Moving House. General Talk DanthemanBoone 5 Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:34 am
Jimbo1952 View latest post
Hunt #17 Results 8-27 - 9-10 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:28 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Hunt # 18 9-10 2pm est - 9-24 est. DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:25 am
ron4560 View latest post

Custom texture - leaf covered ground

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    hagadoo.com Forum Index -> Deer Hunter 2005 Map Making
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
RandyTWood

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:41 pm Post subject: Custom texture - leaf covered ground Reply with quote

Hi all;

I am working on a map that represents the area I learned to hunt on (Thanks again Dan and Lucky for helping me find out what I needed to know to set the Topography!)

I noticed that the editor does not seem to have a custom texture/sound for leaf covered ground.  Has anyone come up with this?  Is the complexity of the image too much for the game engine (although I doubt this is an issue)?

If not, I think I am going to play around with this and see if I can come up with something.  The area I am trying to create has a number of hard-wood ridges (mostly red/chestnut oaks) and I think this would be great to have in the map.  Also, has anyone come up with a custom object for an oak?

Thanks for the help, and have a great Hoilday Season everyone!
drwhitetail

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:09 pm Post subject: Re: Custom texture - leaf covered ground Reply with quote

I would highly suggest installing the hybrid patch if you have not already. There are a few oak models to choose from as well as other species of trees that DH2005 does not have. Once the patch is installed, you will have all of the models from 2005 and 2004 so your possibilities of creating unique maps increases exponentially.  :)

I can't remember off the top of my head the name of them, but there are actually some under tree leaf textures (may be called under_birch). There is no special sound for them however, but I would imagine one could find a sound to use somewhere on the web and I'm sure Dan, Jimbo, or Lucky would be able to help you figure out how to make it work.
RandyTWood

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:12 pm Post subject: Re: Custom texture - leaf covered ground Reply with quote

Thanks, Dr. Whitetail.  I will lokk here for the patch!  By the way, is this the the "ISV" patch?
drwhitetail

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:43 pm Post subject: Re: Custom texture - leaf covered ground Reply with quote

No, I think that one is for 2004. It's called the 05 Hybrid Patch. Should be able to get it here:
http://www.hagadoo.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&cid=48

It's in the Files section here on the site. If that link doesn't work, just search for Hybrid in the Files/Downloads section.  Very Happy
Visit Evo-Hacks Today
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:11 pm Post subject: Re: Custom texture - leaf covered ground Reply with quote

The Hybrid patchmakes all 2004 vegetation models available in the 2005 editor.
It is a big download and slower internet connections often time out due to the slowness of our sevice provider.
Currently I have it on my Adrive and you can get it faster there.
It is a zip file containing a self installer.
The link is in this post from last week

http://www.hagadoo.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2329

If the map you make is a hybrid please mark it so on the loading screen .. LoadingBG  when making the screen shots.

Custom textures are only limited by your imagination.
Over the years I have built my own library of custom texture.. which has about 500 different custom textures in it .
Custom texture can be a jpg or png file, usually 256 X 256 or 512 X 512. or any other size but IT Must be Square to give best result.
They can be made by you,( simply take an over head photo of the ground from as high as you can,) or downloaded from the net,
( E.G google custom textures Leaf)... surf the results (..[  http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2012/03/40-free-high-resolution-leaf-textures/0  ] )

Copy the texture to your desktoo , convert it and resize it.
Simply add the png/jpg file into the map folder and load it from the editor.
It will show up in the editors texture browser in the file type dropdown when you go to lad the textures..
providing the texture size is small enough  IE taken from a great height, it can be resized by increasing or decreasing the texture tile size in the editor

Some texture files are also in our download section but not many because of the simplicity in making them and the huge possibilities of textures make it unnessessary .

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RandyTWood

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:29 pm Post subject: Re: Custom texture - leaf covered ground Reply with quote

Thanks fopr the info guys.  I will see what I come up wioth.  Your help is VERY appreciated.
Lucky
Map Maker

usa.gif

votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:13 pm Post subject: Re: Custom texture - leaf covered ground Reply with quote

RandyTWood @ Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:41 am wrote:
Hi all;

I am working on a map that represents the area I learned to hunt on (Thanks again Dan and Lucky for helping me find out what I needed to know to set the Topography!)

I noticed that the editor does not seem to have a custom texture/sound for leaf covered ground.  Has anyone come up with this?  Is the complexity of the image too much for the game engine (although I doubt this is an issue)?

If not, I think I am going to play around with this and see if I can come up with something.  The area I am trying to create has a number of hard-wood ridges (mostly red/chestnut oaks) and I think this would be great to have in the map.  Also, has anyone come up with a custom object for an oak?

Thanks for the help, and have a great Hoilday Season everyone!

Randy I used Snow for the sound in DH2005 it is very close to the sound of leaves rustling

Get registered or Log in
Get registered or Log in
RandyTWood

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:47 pm Post subject: Re: Custom texture - leaf covered ground Reply with quote

Thanks Lucky.  I tried that, and you are right!  The sound is almost perfect!  I just have an issue with the grid; must be a way to remove it before you create the .spk file.  It showed up in my ground layer in the game.

By the way; as you add more to the design, do you need to delete the old .spk before you create the new?  Or does it update the old .spk when you hit the button in the editor to generate it for the game?

Thanks for the info!
Visit Evo-Install Today
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:43 am Post subject: Re: Custom texture - leaf covered ground Reply with quote

Did you load both layers on the dummy, Detail and Macro.
While you can use one layer only on all other layers, the dummy must have two in order to replace both dummy grid layers.

You do not need to create the spk untill the map is completely finished. The map folder will run the game as long as the profile has been completed and saved.
The spk does not update, and you have to delete old spks  in order to see any changes you make. The Spk will always override the folder and changes made in the editor will not show in the old spk but will show when it is removed and the map folder only is in the Custom level folder.

The sound file I use for dry leaves textures is "gravel".
I use "sand" for the ground textures in pine forests.

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RandyTWood

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:59 pm Post subject: Re: Custom texture - leaf covered ground Reply with quote

Thanks Dan.  No, I did not load both the detail and macron on the dummy layer, so this would account for the issue with the grid in the game.

Thenks for letting me also know that I did not need to create the .SPK to check the progress of the map in the game.  This is anothe point that will really help me out.

Thanks again for all the pointers; you are saving me alot of time!
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view hagadoo.com Forum Index ->  Deer Hunter 2005 Map Making All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: