Search for at
hagadoo.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Topgun Week # 2/BiWeekly # 22 11-5 -11-19 3 pm est -2 pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:57 pm
miriambrenda View latest post
recording and screenshots Info, questions and suggestions for hunts. cowboy 3 Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:08 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post
Biweekly #19 09-24 - 10-08 Results DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:23 pm
Vic View latest post
PM's General Talk REZ325 1 Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:17 pm
alot of dh2005 questions Deer Hunter 2005 cowboy 6 Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:33 pm
REZ325 View latest post
Results Topgun Week 1/Biweekly #21 10-22 -11-5 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:35 pm
ron4560 View latest post
1st Deer with a Bow Deer Hunter 2005 jummpy123 2 Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:16 pm
Result Hunt Biweekly Hunt # 20 10-08-10-22 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 2 Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:16 pm
ron4560 View latest post

object creator blues

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    hagadoo.com Forum Index -> Deer Hunter 2005 Map Making
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
pappy

canada.gif

votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:52 pm Post subject: object creator blues Reply with quote

hello to all at Hagadoo. i am finally starting my first map. i am following the "simple map tutorial" to a "T". all goes well up to and after setting the radius values of the trees, which are the same ones in the tutorial, in the object radius check. after this is done the tutorial says to " open the object creator tab and select "trees",which i did use the name "trees" in the "selected object settings". there is nothing showing in the  object creator  it is blank  no green button to push
does anybody have an idea of what i am doing wrong? thanks in advance for your help.

KEEP YOUR NOSE TO THE WIND AND YOUR POWDER DRY...
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:57 pm Post subject: Re: object creator blues Reply with quote

Are you sure you are looking at the object Creator box, the third down ,below Object instances.

I suspect you are looking at the wrong box. You may have to click the object creator tab to open the box.

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jimbo1952

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:28 pm Post subject: Re: object creator blues Reply with quote

make sure when you add the trees under object types that the trees are QUICK LINKED. if you change it to linked they will not appear in object creator box.
pappy

canada.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:16 pm Post subject: Re: object creator blues Reply with quote

hello all and thanks for the responses
1,,i was in the object creator box
2..the quick-linked was on
3..when i loaded the trees, i re-set the random scale like the tutorial said and clicked the green button and saved the part.
i re-opened and went to the object radius check and set the tree values as per the tutorial.
ok so far. i went to the object creator and there was nothing there in it!
4..i re-tried all the stuff i could think of and the end result was the same..nothing in the box.
5..i removed the hybrid down-load just to try some-thing
6..i re-did the tree load up..did not re-set the random scale setting or click on the green button as per the tutorial. i re-set the object radius values and went to the object creator box
and the trees were in there this time. i high-lighted them ...hit the green button and the
add a child object   worked.  great!!
7..i followed the rest of the tutorial ( made a lot of mistakes) and with the final stroke of the key, my  SPK  was created.!!!!!  i tried the program and it worked ok. not the most impresive map, but it worked. any comments on the above problems,especially with the random scale settings  would sure help me   txs in advance   pappy

Visit Revolution-Mods.com Today
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:41 am Post subject: Re: object creator blues Reply with quote

And now I know what the problem was.
Clicking the green button beside the Edit Filenames bar, removes all the filenames from the filename file path box, so there were no filenames for the editor to relate to.
This is something I just found out by following your method as you reported it with the 1st failure. The error message does not show untill you close the object tool and reopen it again.
If you make a mistake in the future simply close the editor without saving. this will take you back to your last save, which should be every time you complete a successful step in your mapmaking

Get registered or Log in

When you removed the patch and did the loading again you say you did not use the green button untill after you made the child object ,therefore the filepaths were still available to the automatic object creator and it was able to load them.
So one can safely conclude that removing the patch did not affect the outcome in any way.
At some stage you should replace the patch and try again , this time leave the green button alone   and let me know the result.

I have checked both the tutorial and the documentation manuals and neither of them instruct the use of the green button beside the edit filenames bar.
I have never used it myself because it is one of many controls that are superflous to the o5 and o4 editors, these editors were not designed solely for the deer hunter games and have some controls that are not needed in these aplications.

So congratulations on completing your map.. hope you carry on and we can see some of your work soon.

Cheers

Dan

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pappy

canada.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:46 am Post subject: Re: object creator blues Reply with quote

txs so much Dan..that cleared up that problem  much appreciated.  i rechecked the simple map tutorial and under the section " part 3 adding trees in the random scale paragraph and.   picture #35 " it says to click the green button. this is what i followed. i am only referencing this as it may have caused other "first timers" with the same problem it gave me. i will re-load the hybrid patch and see what happens
if you have the hybrid patch installed, and you make a new map with some of  04 items, does your map become a hybrid map automatically?

txs also for the tutorial on "Random Scale object settings" this also cleared up some other questions i had. they are all cleared up now.

again thanks so much for your great help and i know i shall have more questions for you
have a good-one
Pappy

DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:37 am Post subject: Re: object creator blues Reply with quote

Your becomes a hybrid map if you use the 04 items available from within the editor with the hybrid patch in game.

If you dont have the hybid patch in game the editor will not have the models and your map will remain a standard map.
If you have the patch but dont load any of the items marked as o4 models your map remains a standard map.
If you down load and use custom objects from o4 that have been converted for 05 it remains a standard map.

If your map is a hybrid we ask that you mark the loading screen, LoadingBG, with a clearly visible indicator, a large H or notation like ..A hybrid map by pappy.

Check the loading screens on any hybrid map to get some ideas

Get registered or Log in
pappy

canada.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:08 am Post subject: Re: object creator blues Reply with quote

problem solved!! after many hours of trying every-thing i could think of and with the help of DanthemanBoone, i finally got my trees to work. the problem was that i was "saveing" the map work by clicking on the red " X " close button in the right-hand corner!. i tried "saveing with the "save" in the drop-down "file" section and i got my trees    finally!!
. sure is a lot to learn   every-body have a good one  Pappy

Visit Evo-Hacks Today
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view hagadoo.com Forum Index ->  Deer Hunter 2005 Map Making All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: