Search for at
hagadoo.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Biweekly # 20 10-8 -10-22 2:pm est. -10-22 1pm est. DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:54 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Biweekly #19 09-24 - 10-08 Results DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:51 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Back after 8 Years Introduce yourself MarkGS 4 Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:55 am
MarkGS View latest post
Hunt #18 Results 9-10 -9-24 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:24 pm
REZ325 View latest post
BiWeekly Hunt # 19 9-24 -10-08 2:00pm est. -10-08 1:00pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 2 Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:36 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Moving House. General Talk DanthemanBoone 5 Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:34 am
Jimbo1952 View latest post
Hunt #17 Results 8-27 - 9-10 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:28 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Hunt # 18 9-10 2pm est - 9-24 est. DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:25 am
ron4560 View latest post

This Weeks Hunt 2-26-12

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    hagadoo.com Forum Index -> Deer Hunter 2005
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

votes: 14

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:39 pm Post subject: This Weeks Hunt 2-26-12 Reply with quote

I'll be away from my PC most of the day today (2-26) due to a prior commitment.

I just wanted to clear up any confusion this weeks hunt objective may bring you. Your objective will be to shoot 3 bucks for weight & distance, trying to match them both, ie, 200yds @ 200lbs. That would give you -0- pts. 200yds @ 201lbs would give you -1- pts. A perfect hunt would be -0- pts. If a few achieve this, then the tie breaker will go to the largest racked deer shot. Lastly, for the weekly standing, your total rack sizes for all 3 deer will be added together for your weekly pts.

This is going to be a frustrating hunt for some as your weight guesser is almost always off a couple of lbs., Not to mention knowing rather or not you are standing at  200, or 201 yds. So good luck to all, and have fun Smile

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

Last edited by REZ325 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
LRHUNTER

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:39 pm Post subject: Re: This Weeks Hunt 2-26-12 Reply with quote

The map description says "...pre-rut, (this map & code only)", but it still says "Any Season" on the hunt description, you may want to delete the "Any Season" part.  The objective is confusing enough, just sayin'....LOL  

Good Luck Everyone!!
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:43 pm Post subject: Re: This Weeks Hunt 2-26-12 Reply with quote

LRHUNTER @ Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:39 pm wrote:
The map description says "...pre-rut, (this map & code only)", but it still says "Any Season" on the hunt description, you may want to delete the "Any Season" part.  The objective is confusing enough, just sayin'....LOL  

Good Luck Everyone!!

I have said this in the past before, GoDaddy is our hosting provider. These guys provide great, cheap unlimited service, but............. downloading big files off the site becomes problematic at times. So the 3 season maps have been loaded into our FTP as individual SPK's, instead of 3 SPK's in one zip folder. When the folder becomes excess in size, lets say 60mb's, the D/L will begin, and probably finish uncompleted (though you will never know that until you try to load it). Then when you launch you will get error messages and say WTF? So we load them a 3 separate SPK's. Now with that said, this weeks map, which is a pre-rut map, is put into your custom level folder and will show in the game, you can play that pre-rut map in all 3 seasons, but you will see no season change. But, if you put all 3 of those maps in the folder, launch the game, and go from season to season, you will see a seasonal change, as well as a map code change. If you put only the Rut map in your folder, you will get an error message, because you need the other maps in your folder to allow the Rut map to access those objects needed to load. Now thats confusing!
Long story short, load the map in the current hunt, hunt it any way you want, and you will be fine, just don't put the other 2 buddy maps in. easy enough Smile

Get registered or Log in
LRHUNTER

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:01 am Post subject: Re: This Weeks Hunt 2-26-12 Reply with quote

I think I understand.

As long as the code of my "Location" on my deer's scoring sheet is A122, the "Season" doesn't matter.

Is that correct?
Visit Revolution-Mods.com Today
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:27 am Post subject: Re: This Weeks Hunt 2-26-12 Reply with quote

The irony is that it dosnt matter what season you hunt the prerut map in you will only get prerut behaviors and loadings because the map profile is only set for prerut.. So hunting it in any other season wil make no difference whatsoever and the map code will remain constant. We also often hunt Maps in Rut only and at these times the map code ,(which is different on each season map) will be checked on all entries..

If you want to download the other seasons and play them you can, but only the prerut season map code ( because it is possible to put only for instance... the rut map or postrut map in your Custom folder and hunt it on prerut ) will be accepted for this weeks comp.

The reason prerut was chosen is because the other two seasons are more graphically intense and could severely restrict the ability of players with older less powerful computers to compete.
..................................................................................

"Into the Valley Of Death rode the Six Hundred."

The charge of the light brigade .. by Alfred Lord Tennyson
Laughing

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LogJumper

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:51 am Post subject: Re: This Weeks Hunt 2-26-12 Reply with quote

LogJumper here.
Re the latest map download: Tried to dowload the Tagnes(?) map. Couldn't get it to unzip. said there were errors and the file was invalid. Same thing with the 'Virgnia' map download. Any body else having problems with these downloads?r iOr is it just me?

Any help would be welcomed. Thanks.
drwhitetail

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:01 pm Post subject: Re: This Weeks Hunt 2-26-12 Reply with quote

You're not the only one struggling with the downloads. If the file is over 25mb I usually have to download it 3 or 4 times over to get the file. For some reason, the larger files will stop downloading before the entire download is received. I've found that if I don't browse the site when it's downloading, it seems to help. I've tried different browsers as well, and some seem to work better than others.

Keep trying, or maybe one of the admins can put it up on teamspeak for you?
Jimbo1952

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:47 pm Post subject: Re: This Weeks Hunt 2-26-12 Reply with quote

I have uploaded tangnes-pre rut.spk to Team speak lobby. try downloading it there.
Visit Evo-File Today
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:34 pm Post subject: Re: This Weeks Hunt 2-26-12 Reply with quote

This problem is one we have been struggling with for some time and is the reason for slitting larger season maps into individual season zips.
The problem lies in the server provider and the only way to overcome it is to keep trying untill you get a complete download.
If you have hooked into team speak then that will be one alternative place to get the files from.
Another way is to email someone and get them to transfer the file on yahoo or windows messenger.

Strangely enough , even though I am down here in New Zealand I never experience the problem . Maybe things can drop down here with less effort, unable to deny Newtons law of gravity. Laughing

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:41 pm Post subject: Re: This Weeks Hunt 2-26-12 Reply with quote

I am sorry for all the problems GoDaddy is causing the site Sad The only solution is a dedicated server. This would allow for the D/L's to go more smoothly. Currently we are in a "Shared Environment" which means when GoDaddy is busy, our D/L's become more problematic.

Get registered or Log in
LogJumper

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:04 pm Post subject: Re: downloading large files Reply with quote

Sorry. Didn't mean to cause an uproar. don't have a mic, so haven't tried to join Teamspeak, so that route  won't help.
I'll just hane to keep tryimg to download the file until I get the whole thing.

Do appreciate the responce, though. Thank you.        Very Happy

logJumper here. A hunter of the first water!
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:04 am Post subject: Re: downloading large files Reply with quote

LogJumper @ Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:04 pm wrote:
Sorry. Didn't mean to cause an uproar. don't have a mic, so haven't tried to join Teamspeak, so that route  won't help.
I'll just hane to keep tryimg to download the file until I get the whole thing.

Do appreciate the responce, though. Thank you.        Very Happy

logJumper here. A hunter of the first water!

Log, you did not cause an uproar. You do not need a mic to join team speak either, you just will not be able to talk to others, but you will be able to hear the conversation, and use the text / chat feature to communicate non-verbally. Once signed in, you can go to the file browser and get the more problematic D/L's at your leisure. So don't be shy, come on in an at lease hear what we sound like, especially Dan with his New Zealand accent!

Get registered or Log in
Visit DFG-GAMING.COM Today
LogJumper

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:52 am Post subject: Re: Teamspeak problem Reply with quote

Rez,
LogJumper here. Downloaded Teamspeak, installed same. Tried to connect, but came up with A Socket Error #11004. Can you help me with this? Not really sure what's up. Do i need a Teamspeak password or anything else to log on?

Not in any great hurry, if you can't get back any time soon, ok?

Thanks for your help....
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:22 am Post subject: Re: This Weeks Hunt 2-26-12 Reply with quote

I Pm'd you the password. After signing in, someone will need to change your status before you can D/L out of the file browser. Enjoy!

Get registered or Log in
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view hagadoo.com Forum Index ->  Deer Hunter 2005 All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: