Search for at
hagadoo.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Topgun Week # 2/BiWeekly # 22 11-5 -11-19 3 pm est -2 pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:57 pm
miriambrenda View latest post
recording and screenshots Info, questions and suggestions for hunts. cowboy 3 Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:08 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post
Biweekly #19 09-24 - 10-08 Results DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:23 pm
Vic View latest post
PM's General Talk REZ325 1 Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:17 pm
alot of dh2005 questions Deer Hunter 2005 cowboy 6 Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:33 pm
REZ325 View latest post
Results Topgun Week 1/Biweekly #21 10-22 -11-5 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:35 pm
ron4560 View latest post
1st Deer with a Bow Deer Hunter 2005 jummpy123 2 Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:16 pm
Result Hunt Biweekly Hunt # 20 10-08-10-22 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 2 Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:16 pm
ron4560 View latest post

Crashing Editor

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    hagadoo.com Forum Index -> Deer Hunter 2005 Map Making
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
drwhitetail

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:06 pm Post subject: Crashing Editor Reply with quote

So I've been spending a lot of time working on my next map, which has been relatively painless until just yesterday. I'm in the process of moving trees off of roads and things and it seems that about every 2min or so my editor crashes. I've tried to figure out what the culprit is, but it seems to be completely random.

Has anyone with a little more experience made any connection with causes frequent crashes? I know the editor is buggy, and a few crashes is expected, but very frequently when I go to move about my map, it crashes over and over. I can't seem to figure out if it's certain models, water streams, or what is causing it.

Essentially, all I have to this point is my terrain, 4 ground textures, a bunch of small lakes, trees, and a few farm buildings. Any advice? Thanks! Very Happy
Jimbo1952

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:37 pm Post subject: Re: Crashing Editor Reply with quote

some of the models have bugs in them also, I've run into it with some I've made. some are to graphic intense. if you add to many or add to many objects close together ( like buildings in a town ). the alligator for instance, to many will either crash the game or the editor. after the editor crashes read the level editor3.log file in the level editor folder and see what it says. it may tell you a lot or it may tell you nothing. the best thing to do is, if you've added custom objects that didn't come with the editor, start eliminating them one at a time from the editor, save it, close it, re open it and test. if it still crashes, repeat the process until it doesn't crash. if you are using nothing but stock objects in the map then ????????? hope this helps.
drwhitetail

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:59 am Post subject: Re: Crashing Editor Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice Jimbo! I've used mostly stock objects this time around except for the treeclimber model from Abslayer, and a hunting stand found at pchunters by Leo. I'm a little concerned, because I haven't even added my corn or wheat to my fields yet!

I'll start checking the log files when it crashes and see if I can find out any info. I was running around in it yesterday and the actual game crashed as well even though I'm getting frames around 28-54.  Mad
Jimbo1952

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:53 pm Post subject: Re: Crashing Editor Reply with quote

you can also check the game.log to see why the game crashed. I know once I had to re install the editor because of some sort of problem. good luck.
Visit RealmDesignz Today
drwhitetail

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:54 pm Post subject: Re: Crashing Editor Reply with quote

The editor log gives me the following:

[DEBUG] *** DirectX error "D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY". (usually several of these in a row)

I'm assuming it's too intense for my mobile chipset on my laptop or something. I wonder if I decreased the view distance in the editor or something if it would stop these errors. I'll post any progress. Thanks again Jimbo!
Magnum1973

usa.gif

votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:27 pm Post subject: Re: Crashing Editor Reply with quote

Try changing the Direct X quality settings on the video card driver.

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
drwhitetail

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:53 pm Post subject: Re: Crashing Editor Reply with quote

Magnum1973 @ Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:27 pm wrote:
Try changing the Direct X quality settings on the video card driver.

Is there an easy way to do this? After reading a bunch of documentation, i can't seem to find out how to do this. I'm using XP at the moment. Thanks! Embarassed
Magnum1973

usa.gif

votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:34 am Post subject: Re: Crashing Editor Reply with quote

Open DirectX Diagnostic Tool by clicking the Start button , typing dxdiag in the Search box, and then pressing ENTER.  This will run a diagnostic tool and tell you if there are any problems with direct x.  You can access your video card, at least I can, by right clicking an empty space on your desktop.

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Visit Evo-Install Today
drwhitetail

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:02 pm Post subject: Re: Crashing Editor Reply with quote

DirectX seems to be functioning fine. I can access my vid card by right clicking but it doesn't give me any setting options to turn things down other than screen resolution.

I did find though, that I was working in the editor under "Ultra High" settings and that was part of my problem. I've since changed that and things seem to be running much more smoothly. Thanks for the tips! Very Happy
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view hagadoo.com Forum Index ->  Deer Hunter 2005 Map Making All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: