Search for at
hagadoo.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Topgun Week #4/BiWeekly # 24 12-10 12pm est.-12--24 1pm est. DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:35 am
ron4560 View latest post
Topgun Week #4/BiWeekly # 24 12-3 -12-17 CANCELLED DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 8 Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:58 pm
Jimbo1952 View latest post
Balloons in Silly Snake DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:16 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post
Toggun#3/Biweekly #23 11-19-12-3 Results DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:04 am
ron4560 View latest post
1st Deer with a Bow Deer Hunter 2005 jummpy123 3 Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:42 pm
ron4560 View latest post
alot of dh2005 questions Deer Hunter 2005 cowboy 8 Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:07 pm
ron4560 View latest post
recording and screenshots Info, questions and suggestions for hunts. cowboy 4 Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:55 pm
cowboy View latest post
Topgun Week # 2/BiWeekly # 22 11-5 -11-19 3 pm est -2 pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 2 Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:52 pm
ron4560 View latest post

HEIGHT FIELD ERROR

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    hagadoo.com Forum Index -> Deer Hunter 2005 Map Making
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
TNWhitetailFreak

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:05 pm Post subject: HEIGHT FIELD ERROR Reply with quote

i was trying to create a game map and mini map so i went into the files and flip all images to match my level....well i go to re open my level in the editor and get an error the log file says..."[ERROR] Could not find height field file "C:\Program Files\Atari\Deer Hunter 2005\Game\CustomLevels\SAMPLE LEVEL 2-1\HField.png"...
[ERROR] *** Could load file at plugin "LevelEditor2". Reason: Could not read resource "C:\Program Files\Atari\Deer Hunter 2005\Game\CustomLevels\SAMPLE LEVEL 2-1\Level.ter".

anyone experience this....i've spent over 5 full days on this map over the last month and now it won't open.
SwampFox

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:54 pm Post subject: Re: HEIGHT FIELD ERROR Reply with quote

The first thing I would suggest checking is making sure of the correct size of the HField.png (640x640), then check to be sure you convert it to Gray Scale.  I have found through past experience that with some of the maps I have made, even though I had converted the HField to Gray Scale, I had done some fine tuning on the HField using Photo Shop, and even after rechecking to be sure it was still as Gray Scale, they just refused to work (no explanation here}.  I'm not sure exactly what you mean when you said " ...so I went into the files and flip all images to match my level ".  If the map was working before you completed that step or made that change, then you could go back and check your saved map file (Always a good idea to save your work when you make any changes), study and check your Lever.ter file, and also the Level.ini file as well.  I save my map files quite often and I also save a back-up file separately in another folder, because sometimes it can save you from going crazy, as I have done in the past.  Don't know if this will help, maybe others can offer more suggestions, good luck and good hunting.
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:32 am Post subject: Re: HEIGHT FIELD ERROR Reply with quote

If I understand correctly you say you flipped the files.
You should copy and files you wish to edit to desktop and leave the originals in the folder unchanged.
Edit the files from desktop in your photo editing program , rename and resize them then add them back to your folder.
Depending on the photo editing program you use the grayscale can loose its integrity, For instance using Windows paint will not save to grayscale in an acceptable form for the game even if you save as grayscale in paint.

I would suggest you go back to find the Hifield file in your folder and convert it to grayscale again. if you have removed it, but have a copy that you edited ,convert it to Grayscale, flip it back the way it was, check the file name is correct, size it to 640 X 640 and place it back in the folder.

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TNWhitetailFreak

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:07 pm Post subject: Re: HEIGHT FIELD ERROR Reply with quote

All I did was flip it vertically with Microsoft Office Picture Manager that's all I did...didn't mess with any gray scale don't know what that is
Visit Evo-File Today
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:02 pm Post subject: Re: HEIGHT FIELD ERROR Reply with quote

Which file did you flip?

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TNWhitetailFreak

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:57 pm Post subject: Re: HEIGHT FIELD ERROR Reply with quote

unfortunately i couldnt figure it out so i deleted the thing all together maybe ill start another one MAYBE?
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:12 am Post subject: Re: HEIGHT FIELD ERROR Reply with quote

Bugger. Thats a pity. You could have sent me the folder and I would have had a go at sorting it.
you dont have another copy somewhere?

Get registered or Log in
Magnum1973

usa.gif

votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:30 pm Post subject: Re: HEIGHT FIELD ERROR Reply with quote

SAVE! SAVE! SAVE!  If you aren't sure, SAVE.  Make multiple copies of your map.

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Visit DFG-GAMING.COM Today
TKSniper
Staff
Site Admin

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:06 am Post subject: Re: HEIGHT FIELD ERROR Reply with quote

You will save yourself a lot of frustration if you follow Magnum's advice. Anything can and probably will happen that breaks your map. It's possible to fix a broken map, but it can get very time consuming.

Get registered or Log in

BIG GAME LODGE
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view hagadoo.com Forum Index ->  Deer Hunter 2005 Map Making All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: