Search for at
hagadoo.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Topgun #3 /BiWeekly 11-19 - 2:00 pm est. - 12-3 2:00 pm est. DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:49 pm
ron4560 View latest post
alot of dh2005 questions Deer Hunter 2005 cowboy 7 Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:13 am
cowboy View latest post
recording and screenshots Info, questions and suggestions for hunts. cowboy 4 Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:55 pm
cowboy View latest post
Topgun Week # 2/BiWeekly # 22 11-5 -11-19 3 pm est -2 pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 2 Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:52 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Biweekly #19 09-24 - 10-08 Results DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:23 pm
Vic View latest post
PM's General Talk REZ325 1 Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:17 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post
Results Topgun Week 1/Biweekly #21 10-22 -11-5 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:35 pm
ron4560 View latest post
1st Deer with a Bow Deer Hunter 2005 jummpy123 2 Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:16 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post

Custom Animal Models Question (specifically birds)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    hagadoo.com Forum Index -> Deer Hunter 2005 Map Making
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
drwhitetail

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:07 pm Post subject: Custom Animal Models Question (specifically birds) Reply with quote

After browsing through the forums, I noticed in a post that someone had mentioned that in their map there were birds that flushed and scared the heck out of people. Is there a roughed grouse object like this somewhere?

There are quite a few where we hunt that scare the crap out of us in the mornings walking out to our stands and it would be great to implement that into the map I'm working on. Thanks for any info!  Very Happy
Jimbo1952

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:31 pm Post subject: Re: Custom Animal Models Question (specifically birds) Reply with quote

I Think what they are talking about are the bird sounds that you can randomly place around the map. some of them are fairly loud and randomly sound off when you least expect it as you walk the map. I will get back to you on the models you requested.
drwhitetail

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:56 pm Post subject: Re: Custom Animal Models Question (specifically birds) Reply with quote

I can imagine sound would work pretty well too, it's not like you always see them flush. Thanks for looking into that for me, it's really appreciated!

I tried to download some custom sounds from this site, but all of the links appear to be broken...wonder if someone can send me the grouse and crow sounds, maybe even the wolves. Thanks!
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

votes: 14

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:13 pm Post subject: Re: Custom Animal Models Question (specifically birds) Reply with quote

Please post which sounds don't work & I will look into it. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in
Visit Detailed Designs Today
drwhitetail

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:49 pm Post subject: Re: Custom Animal Models Question (specifically birds) Reply with quote

I didn't have a chance to try them all, but for sure these three that I would like to use do not work:
Owl
Crow
Ruffed Grouse

Thanks for looking into it!
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:51 am Post subject: Re: Custom Animal Models Question (specifically birds) Reply with quote

Sound files need to be loaded a little diferentl to other custom objects.
The wav file and the snd file have to be loaded into the map folder as free files, (not contained in a sub folder or zip.)
Sound files must be set as linked files.They will be found in the wav files in the editors file browser drop down.. file Types.. not in the main file list. Other than that they are selected and loaded as any other object file. You cannot scale any linked object so the xyz max and min settings must always be 1.
When loading them to the map in the editor, select the file from the objects instances list , select add, and place it with a right click of the mouse.
sound files usually have a perimeter or distance that they can be heard from and this can be set or changed in the snd file by opening it with notepad and changing the values on the min distance and max distance

Volume can not be altered but if the file is too loud you can select the file and drag it down ..( Y setting.) below the surface of the map untill the sound level is acceptable.
To select a sound file right click and draw a square around it with the mouse then release the button.
When selected the file will light up. To deselect simply right click again.

You say the files do not work.. does this mean they will not download from site or you cant get them to work in the map. If they are not downloading then Rez will need to know which downloads they are so he can check the links.

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
drwhitetail

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:57 am Post subject: Re: Custom Animal Models Question (specifically birds) Reply with quote

You're a step ahead of me, I was thinking about posting about how to add custom sounds because I couldn't find it in the documentation anywhere. Thank you for explaining that!

As far as not working, I mean they are not downloading from the site and give me the error:
Not Found

The requested URL /custom sounds/Crows.zip was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The 3 sounds that I attempted to download (Owl, Crow, Ruffed Grouse) all gave me this error but I was able to download the wolves.
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:03 pm Post subject: Re: Custom Animal Models Question (specifically birds) Reply with quote

drwhitetail @ Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:57 am wrote:
The 3 sounds that I attempted to download (Owl, Crow, Ruffed Grouse) all gave me this error but I was able to download the wolves.

Thank You, I'll check into them Smile

Get registered or Log in
Visit RealmDesignz Today
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:35 pm Post subject: Re: Custom Animal Models Question (specifically birds) Reply with quote

drwhitetail @ Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:57 am wrote:

OK, I could not find the "Crow" sound anywhere in the FTP. If some one has it, please send it to Dan or me so we can upload it Smile I got the "Owl & Grouse" to work (I think Laughing ). There are 2 Owl folders in the FTP, 1 is Owl, & the other is Owl423. I do not know the difference? Please check these two to see if they work for you and load properly into the editor.
Thanks Smile

Get registered or Log in
drwhitetail

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:47 pm Post subject: Re: Custom Animal Models Question (specifically birds) Reply with quote

Will do. Thank you! Lets say I have a wav sound I want to use, how does one create the second file that is needed? Or is it more of a pain that what it's worth? Thanks for any info once again! Embarassed
Lucky
Map Maker

usa.gif

votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:39 pm Post subject: Re: Custom Animal Models Question (specifically birds) Reply with quote

drwhitetail @ Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:47 am wrote:
Will do. Thank you! Lets say I have a wav sound I want to use, how does one create the second file that is needed? Or is it more of a pain that what it's worth? Thanks for any info once again! Embarassed

save the following as a text file of the same name as your .wav(in the folder)
with any editor and add the .snd extention when you save it like (yoursound.wav
would be yoursound.snd)
I use notepad but any text editor would work.

MinDistance = 250.0;
MaxDistance = 500.0;
InLoop = TRUE;

Get registered or Log in
Get registered or Log in
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view hagadoo.com Forum Index ->  Deer Hunter 2005 Map Making All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: