Search for at
hagadoo.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Topgun Week #4/BiWeekly # 24 12-10 12pm est.-12--24 1pm est. DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:35 am
ron4560 View latest post
Topgun Week #4/BiWeekly # 24 12-3 -12-17 CANCELLED DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 10 Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:17 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post
Balloons in Silly Snake DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:16 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post
Toggun#3/Biweekly #23 11-19-12-3 Results DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:04 am
ron4560 View latest post
1st Deer with a Bow Deer Hunter 2005 jummpy123 3 Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:42 pm
ron4560 View latest post
alot of dh2005 questions Deer Hunter 2005 cowboy 8 Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:07 pm
ron4560 View latest post
recording and screenshots Info, questions and suggestions for hunts. cowboy 4 Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:55 pm
cowboy View latest post
Topgun Week # 2/BiWeekly # 22 11-5 -11-19 3 pm est -2 pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 2 Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:52 pm
ron4560 View latest post

weird or what? mystery solved!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    hagadoo.com Forum Index -> General Talk
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
pappy

canada.gif

votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:37 am Post subject: weird or what? mystery solved!!! Reply with quote

i decided to write another post on the topic of my previous post...just in case some-one else may run into this " weird or what " situation. i removed the custom map down-loads from my game. i did them one at a time. the first game i moved off my list was 'rat island' when i went back into my game and loaded it,
'bobbie's isle' was now on my game list of locations! i clicked on it and started to play the game. much to my surprise the map looked exactly like 'rat island'! it had the same terrain with different trees and some detail changes on it. i then went and removed it, and moved 'rat island' back into my custom map folder.
when i went back into my game and into locations, i saw that 'bobbie's isle' was gone and 'rat island' was showing in my game location area. i loaded the map, went into the game, and lo and behold, it was the same map as 'bobbie's isle' i re-did the proceedure all over again, and the same thing happened.i went into ' hagadoo ' and checked the map-maker who designed the maps. they were both made by 'hagadoo'
and loaded to the site two days apart. 'rat island' has roe deer and 'bobbie's isle has black-tail. is it possible that these two games were so much alike that one map would CANCEL the other out?
to hagadoo...both your maps are great and fun to play....but the situation caused, is just "weird or what"!

KEEP YOUR NOSE TO THE WIND AND YOUR POWDER DRY...
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:44 pm Post subject: Re: weird or what? mystery solved!!! Reply with quote

Read this very carefully... I can only explain it once Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
It sounds like the both maps are made from the same map folder, and probably have the same folder name.

The name that shows in the game list..is the game name that is set in the editor by the mapmaker.

The name on the SPK file that you put in the custom level folder should be renamed by the map maker to match the Map name when he finishes the map.

So if you have a map folder named 1. you can name the map inside it whatever you want  eg bobbies Island, but when printing the SPK  you need to rename the Spk  from 1. to bobbies Island when completing.

Then you have to name the zip the same, bobbies island when packing it.

So now you can go back to folder 1 and make some changes and rename the map and the new SPK  and publish it as a different map.

But if you have two maps with the same folder name in your Custom levels folder one will cancell out the other.

Sometimes even Mapmakers get confused. Very Happy

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pappy

canada.gif

votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:22 pm Post subject: Re: weird or what? mystery solved!!! Reply with quote

txs for the explanation

KEEP YOUR NOSE TO THE WIND AND YOUR POWDER DRY...
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view hagadoo.com Forum Index ->  General Talk All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: