Search for at
hagadoo.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Biweekly # 20 10-8 -10-22 2:pm est. -10-22 1pm est. DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:54 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Biweekly #19 09-24 - 10-08 Results DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:51 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Back after 8 Years Introduce yourself MarkGS 4 Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:55 am
MarkGS View latest post
Hunt #18 Results 9-10 -9-24 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:24 pm
REZ325 View latest post
BiWeekly Hunt # 19 9-24 -10-08 2:00pm est. -10-08 1:00pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 2 Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:36 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Moving House. General Talk DanthemanBoone 5 Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:34 am
Jimbo1952 View latest post
Hunt #17 Results 8-27 - 9-10 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:28 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Hunt # 18 9-10 2pm est - 9-24 est. DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:25 am
ron4560 View latest post

Maps
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    hagadoo.com Forum Index -> Info, questions and suggestions for hunts.
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mossyback_Moe

usa.gif

votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:00 pm Post subject: Maps Reply with quote

I would like to make a couple suggestions. First, if you are going to use two maps for a hunt, they should be the same gap size and view distance. For example, the Buttle Lake map used in the BGL hunt had a view distance over 100 yds. less than the other map. Who would be foolish enough to penalize themselves 100 yds. when distance counts?

Second, this is a competition, so why brag and post your trophies early. Someone else may have decided they are through hunting but when they see this, they go back to hunting and kick your butt. It's like a poker player showing his cards before the hand is over. Not very wise. If you simply can't control your urge to brag, tell your mom or your wife.

I hope this is taken as it is intended, helpful advice.

If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch...

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

votes: 14

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:13 pm Post subject: Re: Maps Reply with quote

Mossy, Thank for the suggestion. When Mag & I got the new site up & running, he thought it would be nice to have 2 maps to choose from, verses 1. What you said about the site distance is a valid & correct point, but not our intent. Our intent was to give the hunters of this site the option of 2 maps. Before when there was only 1 map to pick from, there was no choice. The maps where never picked to be identical, we just wanted you all to have a choice. I do not know all the maps here at Hagadoo, for me to go through each one and size them according, would over whelm me! Now for argument sake, I find 2 maps with like site distance. The next issue will be.... this one has more trees, or that one is more flat, and so on. Mossy, if you would like to review all maps & determine there site distance & gap, please do so & post them here. I will use the info in upcoming hunts. I do not have that kind of time on my hands, besides you have been here longer then me & know more about the maps then I do, any help from you would be welcomed & appreciated.
Now about bragging. I guess it is to each there own. If it was early in the week and I shot a monster, I would post it. I would not post it with the intent to deter others, but to show my accomplishment! That's just me. With the hunters we have on this site, I don't think that would stop anyone from hunting, cause most hunts you need to take a couple of deer, not just one. Mickey shot a big mule this past week, I told him to post it. It came off of JJ map (the 1 he said to through away! LOL) Mickey did not. If it was mine, it would have been in the forums quicker then a greased pig! But that's just me.
Mossy, thanks for your input, if you want to help out with the map site distance & gap, please do.

Get registered or Log in
Mossyback_Moe

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:50 pm Post subject: Re: Maps Reply with quote

The map sizes and view distances have already been done once. When I was Administrator and map tester here, plus doing the hunts every other week, I managed to list the map sizes and view distances for all the maps I tested and uploaded. JJ posted a graph of the appropriate map sizes and view distances, but it seems all that has been lost. We even found a little time to hunt. I'm sorry but I don't have the time or the inclination to do all that again.
It was just a suggestion, maybe you could get one of your staff members to do it.

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Jesse James

usa.gif

votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:17 pm Post subject: Re: Maps Reply with quote

I like the idea of using two maps also.  The only problem I have is only being able to see 340 yards in weeks we can use a weapon that can shoot 400 yards.  This week will not be a problem, I'm not going to shoot 500 yards with a magnum revolver.

I think I still have a note pad list of all my maps with gap and site distance of each, I will look for it tomorrow and if I can find it I will send it to you.  On second thought, don't scrap the Big Foot map, it produced some good deer this week...

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Visit DarkForge Graphics.com Today
DeerKillers

italy.gif

votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:53 am Post subject: Re: Maps Reply with quote

Good luck for the "Legend Tournament". JJ has already a hand on the cup after 2 weeks  Very Happy

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Mossyback_Moe

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:21 am Post subject: Re: Maps Reply with quote

That's true DK, but we're all hunting the same maps with the same objectives. Do ya think he's just smarter than the rest of us....lol

PS: He still works a full time job and makes maps in his spare time.

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
DeerKillers

italy.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:47 pm Post subject: Re: Maps Reply with quote

Mossyback_Moe @ Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:21 pm wrote:
That's true DK, but we're all hunting the same maps with the same objectives. Do ya think he's just smarter than the rest of us....lol

PS: He still works a full time job and makes maps in his spare time.

Sure. For me he's one of the greatest hunter here.
We hunt the same maps and same objectives, but I don't hunt with a calculator and I don't walk like a shrimp when I hunt LOL
Honestly, I think that I checked maybe 2 times the "Legend" page in the menu. I hunt only for the "Standings" with weekly points. That's the tournament I am hunting. Very Happy

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Mossyback_Moe

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:16 pm Post subject: Re: Maps Reply with quote

We all know what you hunt for, but we hunt what is posted. That is your choice, so please don't complain about the legend. I'm sure if JJ only hunted for the weekly, he would win it every week. He did before the legend started and he's still in second place in the weekly standings.

PS:I think it's good that a man realize his limitations, so throw away your calculator and walk like a man....lol

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Visit Evo-File Today
DeerKillers

italy.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:01 pm Post subject: Re: Maps Reply with quote

Mossyback_Moe @ Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:16 pm wrote:

I'm sure if JJ only hunted for the weekly, he would win it every week. He did before the legend started and he's still in second place in the weekly standings.

Are you sure?  Very Happy
Yes, he won the 5th Legend of DHAC. And I won the 4th Legend of DHAC (with more than 20 peoples). He will win the 6th Legend, that's sure.
I have all my results in a .doc file. And I have more than 15 - 20 wins. And I never stopped hunting since my first hunt (August 2007)! I think that maybe 2 peoples here hunted every week, every month and every hunt in this site. And I will stop hunting only when this site will be closed (I hope never!). This is the only site that runs every week tournaments, and this is the site I choosed for hunting.

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Mossyback_Moe

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:24 pm Post subject: Re: Maps Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure. JJ didn't hunt every hunt because he and I were busy doing  the work to run the hunts, keeping up with the record book, the hunter standings, past winners, the biggest, making and testing maps, etc. Some weeks we had 4 tournaments running. The ones he did hunt, he won. As a matter of fact, he had a high enough score this week to beat Mickey by 7 points. Instead he chose to send his best deer for the legend.

What contribution have you made to this site?

PS: The reason there were 20 peoples in the legend hunt you won was because all they had to do was sign up, a lot of them were newbies.
I'm not new here and I remember these things.....lol

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

votes: 14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:15 pm Post subject: Re: Maps Reply with quote

OK, listen up. The legend tournament runs for six months, that's right six months! It only 2 weeks into the competition & JJ has a nice lead. A lot could happen between now & the end of June. JJ full time job could take him out of town for a week or two (IDK if he has a laptop?) Then some one else could shoot to the top. You should not quit or give up just cause you are trailing in the standing. Hunt competitively every week & you will place well,if not at the top. Lastly, not throwing stones here at anyone, but if you all are "Pro Hunters" it should not be a problem hunting deer at great distances. I wish I had your titles that you currently hold. I do not think I will ever reach that level through! Be proud of the title you own, past & present. Remember quitters never win, & winners never quit, ask your self which one are you? Good Luck & Happy Hunting. Smile

Get registered or Log in
DeerKillers

italy.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:02 am Post subject: Re: Maps Reply with quote

Mossyback_Moe @ Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:24 pm wrote:

What contribution have you made to this site?
PS

Nothing I think. At least I never gave up. And I didn't changed the name too... I hunted maybe only 2 hours in a week a few times, because I was busy. But I hunted. Now this is my last post regarding this discussion.
And in my opinion ray is right.
Ray, you'll reach that award, the only hard thing is the BT Non Typical!

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Visit Detailed Designs Today
Mossyback_Moe

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:27 am Post subject: Re: Maps Reply with quote

I can only agree with you about your contribution and I hope this is your last word on the subject. If you choose to hunt only for the weekly, please don't whine about how well someone else is doing in "the legend".
DK is right rez, if you keep hunting, you can achieve the pro hunter title. Even the WR non typical Blacktail is not so bad, I now have 3 of them.

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
RutMaster

usa.gif

votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:06 pm Post subject: Re: Maps Reply with quote

Allow me to pipe in please....I will settle this now. I AM GOING TO WIN THE DHAC!! lol

Get registered or Log in

Mossyback_Moe

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:31 pm Post subject: Re: Maps Reply with quote

That's the spirit RutMaster. Good luck to you.......

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view hagadoo.com Forum Index ->  Info, questions and suggestions for hunts. All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: