Search for at
hagadoo.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Topgun Week #4/BiWeekly # 24 12-10 12pm est.-12--24 1pm est. DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:35 am
ron4560 View latest post
Topgun Week #4/BiWeekly # 24 12-3 -12-17 CANCELLED DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 10 Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:17 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post
Balloons in Silly Snake DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:16 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post
Toggun#3/Biweekly #23 11-19-12-3 Results DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:04 am
ron4560 View latest post
1st Deer with a Bow Deer Hunter 2005 jummpy123 3 Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:42 pm
ron4560 View latest post
alot of dh2005 questions Deer Hunter 2005 cowboy 8 Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:07 pm
ron4560 View latest post
recording and screenshots Info, questions and suggestions for hunts. cowboy 4 Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:55 pm
cowboy View latest post
Topgun Week # 2/BiWeekly # 22 11-5 -11-19 3 pm est -2 pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 2 Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:52 pm
ron4560 View latest post

have an idea about the maps on hagadoo

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    hagadoo.com Forum Index -> Deer Hunter 2005
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
kyomotto21

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:08 am Post subject: have an idea about the maps on hagadoo Reply with quote

was thinking some about how many custom maps hagadoo has in there list and cam up with an interesting idea. the idea is that we could make a "best of" pack spanning the different maps through the years and continueing as far as people are willing to do it for each year, and maybe even for the different species as well. I am about to dl all the maps for dh 05 we have here including the hybrids and find out what maps i like and how the maps have changed from the latest to the most recent ones, hopefully i will find a few gems out there that are or have been long forgotten but that are still here on hagadoo and possibly bring them to other members attention as to why i like the ones i like and maybe spark an interest in makeing these best of packs from 08 to now. anyway just an idea i had erlier feedback on it would be apreciated thanks.

happy hunting to all

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

votes: 14

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:43 pm Post subject: Re: have an idea about the maps on hagadoo Reply with quote

Great suggestion, but I am not going to make another folder in the FTP for members favorite maps. Just when I would finish one, then start another, I would be asked to change it or add to it. If you want, I can make a Forum thread entitled "Members Favorite Maps" and you could post your thoughts there with links from the site. Also you can get a feel for which maps are the most downloaded or favorite by looking for a star after the title. When the map gets a star, I believe it hit the 100 D/L mark. Let me know what you think about the forum thread.

Get registered or Log in
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:45 pm Post subject: Re: have an idea about the maps on hagadoo Reply with quote

Im thinking a new sub section in the forum list like The bragging room or 2005 Mapmaking ... and now ..Members Favorite maps.. or maybe ..Members Map reviews.
That would give us a permanent collection of posts on the subject that can be found with a couple of clicks.

The quality or popularity of maps is a very subjective area. For instance  the type of maps I like to hunt would be so different than the maps Vic would favour .
The Star system in the map list only works as a record of numbers downloaded and heavily favours  the maps that have been on site longest or have been used for competitions.

In My Opinion there are some absolute gems in the library that have had very little download traffic at all but I would be reluctant to recccomend to anyone simply because tastes vary so much.So Im thinking that a new Forum section to post comments on our favorites  would be a very good idea.
If we set a simple rule that the subject heading must be the maps name, people could add their comments to each maps thread over time and we can slowly build up an in depth analysis of those maps they find most noteworthy.

I think most of us already have a "Best of Pack" in the game. Its called the "Custom Level Folder"

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:33 am Post subject: Re: have an idea about the maps on hagadoo Reply with quote

Zach, if the "Favorite Map" section in the forums would be OK for you, I will work on it later sometime today for you, let us know Smile

Get registered or Log in
Visit Evo-Install Today
kyomotto21

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:57 pm Post subject: Re: have an idea about the maps on hagadoo Reply with quote

will be on teamspeak have the last 3 or 4 pages of blacktail and the whitetail maps still left but after that will have them all to date until next weekly comes around...but the way i see it adding a forum section will give those that don't go into the downloads area to much the opertunity to read about some of the maps in there that have been on site for a while and not to many people know of, and at the same time may also spark some interest in the other maps from past weeklies and other map makers that are no longer actively makeing maps at this point in the game and who knows may even spark that fire for the older map makers again. but in my opinion it would be a great idea so this way the maps that aren't well known get some exposior again as well as some of the newer map makers getting there maps and there names out in the site.

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
REZ325
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Site Admin
Staff

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:05 pm Post subject: Re: have an idea about the maps on hagadoo Reply with quote

OK, I created "Members Favorite Maps" in the forum now. You can use this forum to discuss your favorite maps and why. Enjoy!

Get registered or Log in
kyomotto21

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:21 pm Post subject: Re: have an idea about the maps on hagadoo Reply with quote

thanks rez this will be an interesting section for the site and hunters to have their favorite map debates

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view hagadoo.com Forum Index ->  Deer Hunter 2005 All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: