Search for at
hagadoo.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 8 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Topgun #3 /BiWeekly 11-19 - 2:00 pm est. - 12-3 2:00 pm est. DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:49 pm
ron4560 View latest post
alot of dh2005 questions Deer Hunter 2005 cowboy 7 Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:13 am
cowboy View latest post
recording and screenshots Info, questions and suggestions for hunts. cowboy 4 Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:55 pm
cowboy View latest post
Topgun Week # 2/BiWeekly # 22 11-5 -11-19 3 pm est -2 pm est DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 2 Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:52 pm
ron4560 View latest post
Biweekly #19 09-24 - 10-08 Results DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 1 Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:23 pm
Vic View latest post
PM's General Talk REZ325 1 Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:17 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post
Results Topgun Week 1/Biweekly #21 10-22 -11-5 DH2005 Weekly Hunt ron4560 0 Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:35 pm
ron4560 View latest post
1st Deer with a Bow Deer Hunter 2005 jummpy123 2 Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:16 pm
DanthemanBoone View latest post

Bitmap to DH2k5map question.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    hagadoo.com Forum Index -> DH2005 Map Making Tutorial
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhitetailWillie

australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:29 pm Post subject: Bitmap to DH2k5map question. Reply with quote

Hey guys, I haven't been on here in a long long time.  I wanted to make a real life representation of a place I hunt here in Pa so I figured it would be easier to just use a topographic image.  My problem is when I upload the picture, it doesn't do anything.  It's either just a blank white map or whatever was on there before i chose in editor.  

google 3d map.  
Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

black and white topo map. (640x640 png).  I was going to smooth out the edges and such later..
Get registered or Log in

The problem in the editor..
http://i52.tinypic.com/4i0gau.jpg

Thanks guys! and happy new year

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MySpace Profile: myspace.com/trevmilnz
Lucky
Map Maker

usa.gif

votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:53 pm Post subject: Re: Bitmap to DH2k5map question. Reply with quote

it needs to be saved as a greyscale image not a black and white

Get registered or Log in
Get registered or Log in
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:37 am Post subject: Re: Bitmap to DH2k5map question. Reply with quote

Couple of things you need to do
Make sure it is a 640x 640, make it a png and also make it a grayscale.

you may also have to mess about with the world height, looks like you would need about 200. You can change the world height with the editor open so you can see the best result

Good luck

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WhitetailWillie

australia.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:20 am Post subject: Re: Bitmap to DH2k5map question. Reply with quote

It's definitely 640x640 and I made sure it was greyscaled. I know because it didn't stop me from selecting the photo I wanted.  For whatever reason, it seems to ignore the fact that I selected Bitmap as the fractal all-together now.  It was just turning white but now it just seems to keep whatever was chosen last.

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MySpace Profile: myspace.com/trevmilnz
Visit DFG-GAMING.COM Today
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:24 am Post subject: Re: Bitmap to DH2k5map question. Reply with quote

Uninstall and reinstall the editor.

Hopefully....

Old Hunters never die.They just sit around the campfire and tell the biggest lies.

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WhitetailWillie

australia.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:27 am Post subject: Re: Bitmap to DH2k5map question. Reply with quote

Was hoping I wouldn't have to go there..

Get registered or Log in
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:36 am Post subject: Re: Bitmap to DH2k5map question. Reply with quote

I do it Regulary . the editor often does strange things and if it starts being uncoperative i just reload it to teach it who is the boss
Go into the dh 2005 folder and simply delete the editor folder and reload from the download. Keep the installer for future reference.

Get registered or Log in
WhitetailWillie

australia.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:59 am Post subject: Re: Bitmap to DH2k5map question. Reply with quote

HA wish I saw that just a little earlier, I "uninstalled" the editor and apparently the game too. So that just got finished re-installing.   Mad

Get registered or Log in
Visit Nuke Evolution Today
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:10 am Post subject: Re: Bitmap to DH2k5map question. Reply with quote

Just another thought.. Change the mPic to Grayscale as the last step, sometimes some photo editing programs will reset the grayscale if you dont do it last.

Get registered or Log in
WhitetailWillie

australia.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:26 pm Post subject: Re: Bitmap to DH2k5map question. Reply with quote

I made sure I did it last.  I used "Paint" instead of PhotoFiltre this time and now I get the "Map Editor has encountered a problem and needs to close" error.

Get registered or Log in
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:43 pm Post subject: Re: Bitmap to DH2k5map question. Reply with quote

Oh No..Not Paint.
Paint never works for me either.
I do the work in paint but use ulead Photo explorer 8.5 t0 do my conversions.
If I put the file in paint, save and load from there to the map folder... it never works.

I make a 640 x 640 file elevation black and white and load it into paint and do all the shading.
Then open it in Ulead and convert to PNG and convert to Grayscale.
Then load it into the map folder and choose the file in the terrain editor and load it.

It took a while to get a system that worked but now I have no problems.

Believe me.. I have been there.

hope you get it sorted.

Get registered or Log in
WhitetailWillie

australia.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:33 pm Post subject: Re: Bitmap to DH2k5map question. Reply with quote

Just tried the trail version of your program.  Still getting the error message.  I feel like i should have just did it manually at this point

Get registered or Log in
Visit RealmDesignz Today
DanthemanBoone
Staff
Map Maker

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:54 pm Post subject: Re: Bitmap to DH2k5map question. Reply with quote

Send me the file .. get my Email from my profile or Private message and I will convert it for you.

Get registered or Log in
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view hagadoo.com Forum Index ->  DH2005 Map Making Tutorial All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: